Ralph Fiennes confirmed for Bond 23

I had a meeting with Sony Australia reps on Wednesday and they confirmed Ralph Fiennes for Bond 23 while talking about their 2011/2012 lineup. Apparently he signed last week, and Sony were most pleased with Ralph joining the film. Straight from the horses mouth so to speak.
http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!

Comments

• bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Sweet! Anything about the part he'll be playing in the film?
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    When we can we expect an announcement from Sony ( a.k.a The Horses Mouth)?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Most of the info so far seems to be coming from the other end of the horse :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,268MI6 Agent
    Timothy-Dalton-Rolex-Submariner-16800-James-Bond.jpg

"Are you calling me a horse's arse?"
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,763MI6 Agent
    The question remains: will Ralph Fiennes be in Schindler's List-mode or the Avengers-mode?
    Well, he'll be playing Bond won't he, so a mixture of the two.

It's a shame Craig won't be back to do a third, but he's got Cowboys & Angels and that Swedish cop thing coming up...

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,763MI6 Agent

It's a shame Craig won't be back to do a third, but he's got Cowboys & Angels and that Swedish cop thing coming up...

I ment: will he act brilliantly or horribly bad .....
    Usually he's a good actor, Avengers was casting him against type. Remember he was in Hurt Locker, the director Kathryn Bigelow was rumoured to be up for the next Bond, so it's ironic that he's in this. In Hurt he played a military man, a good guy.

I'm glad he's in this if it's true and esp as the casting is early, it gives them a chance to tailor the role for him. I got the impression they were changing the writing at the 11th hour with the last two to take into account last minute casting.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent

Okay, so I know I haven't been on here for a while - but Nap, what do you mean, he's playing Bond - and Craig is not back for a third..... ?????

Have I missed some breaking news or something?
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Lexi wrote:

Okay, so I know I haven't been on here for a while - but Nap, what do you mean, he's playing Bond - and Craig is not back for a third..... ?????

I can't believe you missed that, Lexi! Where have you been?
    Lexi wrote:

It was posted on a few websites, Lexi. It's the same thing as happened with Dalton, EON drop the ball and the actor moves on. Craig and Babs say it's all amicable.

BTW, world ends in a few hours, in case you missed that too, fancy meeting up for a good time? May as well go out with a bang.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Stand-In SpyStand-In Spy Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    As much as I like Ralph, I think his little bro Joseph would be a better fit as Bond.
    flashforward-joseph-fiennes.jpg

If Ralph's role not Bond, maybe a supporting character or villain, by all means he should be good.
    (he's pushing 50 by the B23 is out)
  • Richard--WRichard--W USAPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    Ralph Fiennes:

RalphFiennes-JBA-001139.jpg

What role is he playing?

Richard
    The top 7 Bond films: 1) Dr No. 2) From Russia With Love. 3) Thunderball. 4) On Her Majesty's Secret Service. 5) For Your Eyes Only. 6) The Living Daylights. 7) Licence to Kill.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Earlier report from Latino Review had Fiennes in consideration for a villain. Guessing that's the what.
  • cmdr_bond_007cmdr_bond_007 Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Craig is in the next film and they are using his likeness for a tie-in game as well. Fiennes is rumored to be playing the villain in the film, and I heard Javier Bardem is out...he signed on to do a different film.
    "I think he got the point."
    "Governments change. The lies stay the same."
    "They say you're judged by the strength of your enemies."
    Lexi wrote:

It was posted on a few websites, Lexi. It's the same thing as happened with Dalton, EON drop the ball and the actor moves on. Craig and Babs say it's all amicable.

BTW, world ends in a few hours, in case you missed that too, fancy meeting up for a good time? May as well go out with a bang.

Pah! That was a one world ends offer only Lexi, you blew your chance!

Mind you, there'll be another apocalpyse warning along soon enough... :D It's like the Allied Carpet sale....

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • dickiebartdickiebart Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    blueman wrote:
    Sweet! Anything about the part he'll be playing in the film?

It was casually mentioned that he would be a villain. But this was just a side note on their schedule for the back half of 2011 and into 2012. Daniel Craig, Judi Dench and Ralph were the only ones they confirmed, adding that they [Sony] were 'very excited' about Bond 23 in November 2012.

The US adaptation of 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' with DC was talked about and praised. I was hoping for a quick Bond title question, re: a Fleming title 'Risico' or 'Property of a Lady,' to see the reaction but didn't get the chance unfortunately.
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    I'm rather ambivalent about the idea of casting Ralph Fiennes as a villain. He's too well-known, and too established as a film bad guy. I like my Bond villains to be played by slightly obscure but talented European actors, as in CR and QOS.
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
    True, though I didn't rate their actual work personally. I feel RF may give Craig something to work against.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,506Chief of Staff
    True, though I didn't rate their actual work personally.

Really ? :s

I thought both were great but Mads was better due to the better script...
    YNWA 97
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:

Pah! That was a one world ends offer only Lexi, you blew your chance!

Mind you, there'll be another apocalpyse warning along soon enough... :D It's like the Allied Carpet sale....

well I've been stood up by you before.... I think it is you that has missed your chance :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Yeah, you did make it clear though that sex was not in the offing... couldn't see the point frankly. ?:) :D

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Yeah, you did make it clear though that sex was not in the offing... couldn't see the point frankly. ?:) :D

What's that Nap ? You lost your point ? No wonder she turned you down :))
    YNWA 97
    Well, I always did have trouble with my long-distance vision... :D

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Well, I always did have trouble with my long-distance vision... :D

Oh dear...that small eh ? :#
    YNWA 97
    No, you see Sir Miles, the key phrase in the joke is 'long distance'. 8-)

I've got a schlong like one of Mr Tickle's arms, it can go round corners. You know the other night when you're girlfriend was giggling unaccountably on the sofa sat next to you? Me.

Mind you, you want to keep the door to the nursery shut; it can't see when it goes round corners you know. I don't want to get the wrong reputation, besides, I think it was one of your kids who slammed a wardrobe door shut on it. It hobbled back in retreat mighty smart after that.

51NNEJWX1JL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    No, you see Sir Miles, the key phrase in the joke is 'long distance'. 8-)

I've got a schlong like one of Mr Tickle's arms, it can go round corners. You know the other night when you're girlfriend was giggling unaccountably on the sofa sat next to you? Me.

Mind you, you want to keep the door to the nursery shut; it can't see when it goes round corners you know. I don't want to get the wrong reputation, besides, I think it was one of your kids who slammed a wardrobe door shut on it. It hobbled back in retreat mighty smart after that.

Yes long distance...as in it's so small you have to look a long distance to see it 8-) Keep up Nap ! Oh sorry, you can't :))

A schlong like one of Mr Tickle's arms ? What ? You mean drawn on and orange :o :))
    YNWA 97
    Yeah, well, I overdid it on the fake tan.

Oh, and keep any household pets out of the way too, Sir Miles.

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Yes...I've heard about you and gerbils :D
    YNWA 97
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yes...I've heard about you and gerbils :D

Gere, gere 8-)