Craig's Dragon Tattoo Glasses

Mykita Helmut.

http://www.lunettesde.com/daniel-craig-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tatoo-mykita/

A better shot of the temple.

http://www.selectspecs.com/blog/daniel-craig-glasses-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo/

Pretty nice looking frame except for the logo or badge or whatever it is at the hinge.

Comments

• PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Mykita Helmut.

http://www.lunettesde.com/daniel-craig-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tatoo-mykita/

A better shot of the temple.

http://www.selectspecs.com/blog/daniel-craig-glasses-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo/

Pretty nice looking frame except for the logo or badge or whatever it is at the hinge.

Mykita Eyewear style Gabriel. Mykita
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:

Mykita Eyewear style Gabriel. Mykita

Not sure what you mean. The Gabriel doesn't look anything like the glasses Craig is wearing.

The Helmut is identical in shape, bridge placement, temple placement, and detail. The Gabriel looks like a slimmed down Wayfarer.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Regardless, they look horrible on him.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:

Plus this is a james bond forum is it not?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Paperbill wrote:

Thanks for clearing it up. :))
    minigeff wrote:
    Paperbill wrote:

I thought it was the butt plug forum. 8-)
    Paperbill wrote:

Thanks for clearing it up. :))
    minigeff wrote:
    Paperbill wrote:

I thought it was the butt plug forum. 8-)

only on dress down fridays :p
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,299MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the links. The bridge is known as a keyhole bridge. David Clulow do a make very similar, a bit thicker mind and I own a pair of those, so maybe that'll do for now, seeing as Craig's cost 350 Euros!
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Has anyone nailed down the color?
    Haven't seen the film yet(tough getting me to the movies) but all but one of the images seem to be the 001 black/clear. The second image down in the following link almost seem to have a little variation like the 601 cuba/clear but I think it's just reflection.

• Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Haven't seen the film yet(tough getting me to the movies) but all but one of the images seem to be the 001 black/clear. The second image down in the following link almost seem to have a little variation like the 601 cuba/clear but I think it's just reflection.

Yeah I thought it was a difference, but it may indeed by the light source.

Now go see the movie! It is a great, bleak mystery and is overall incredible with intense style and setting.
    There's also a dark brown and a a midnight blue that looks black in most lights...
    The first link is to the casper, not helmut (see the flat bridge?). The helmut does have a tortoise shell color (cuba) but its much lighter.

If you zoom in on the second pic, that's actually a dark brown (not ruling it out). But the site says color 003 which should be a warm grey. I think its just labeled wrong.

Another possible color is peridot, which I believe is seen here: http://bonocle.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/20111116-0858381.jpg
    Its still dark, but has a see through nature, which you can see on some of the side shots of craig's glasses where the inner steel rod can be seen.
    The first link is to the casper, not helmut (see the flat bridge?). The helmut does have a tortoise shell color (cuba) but its much lighter.

If you zoom in on the second pic, that's actually a dark brown (not ruling it out). But the site says color 003 which should be a warm grey. I think its just labeled wrong.

Another possible color is peridot, which I believe is seen here: http://bonocle.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/20111116-0858381.jpg
    Its still dark, but has a see through nature, which you can see on some of the side shots of craig's glasses where the inner steel rod can be seen.

Wow thanks for the research -{

That pic of the peridot is much, much darker and better looking than any other I've seen.

Another issue I've just noticed is that there seems to be two different hinge designs for the frame, one much more like the film specs.

This one seems more like Craig's glasses.
    http://208.43.221.205/Images/ContactsAndSpecs/CS_MImgs2/Large/Mykita-Eyewear-Helmut_11565.jpg
    Mykita-Eyewear-Helmut_11565.jpg

This one, not so much.
    http://208.43.221.205/Images/ContactsAndSpecs/CS_MImgs2/Large/Mykita-Eyewear-Helmut_1998.jpg
    Mykita-Eyewear-Helmut_1998.jpg

After looking these hinges over pretty hard the lower rim of the right side of his glasses jumped out at me. It's somewhat clear. It's actually easy to see on both sides once you notice. I can't see the metal core on the temples that red mentioned but the glasses definitely lighten toward the bottom. I'm betting on peridot. Good thing, I hate black frames. Now I'm interested.

daniel-craig-glasses-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-3.jpg
    Finally found a couple of shots with a little lighting and I'm sticking with peridot.

Daniel_Craig_Dragon_tattoo.jpg

Girl_with_the_Dragon_Tattoo_p07.jpg
    edited January 2012
    nice pics Kittlemeier, but the bottom one *almost* makes me want to say its the Cuba because it looks like there is variation in color around the frame. Could be the lighting though. I'm still sticking with peridot.

So, this is the capture I was taking about. See how its backlit (ruling out the non see-through colors like black brown and blue)
    And you can barely make out the rod too on his left temple.
    ScreenShot2012-01-12at25257AM.png
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    This thread has got nothing to do with James Bond collecting, memorabilia etc. Mods, please move it, thank you -{
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Teppo wrote:
    This thread has got nothing to do with James Bond collecting, memorabilia etc. Mods, please move it, thank you -{

You are right; therefore, I created a new topic dedicated to Craig's glasses, which as you see is now in the Memorabilia forum. Post away, glasses-freaks!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    With all due respect, Girl with a Dragon Tattoo spectales etc. stuff Don't belong to James Bond collecting, memorabilia and clothing forum 8-) -{

Formerly known as Teppo
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I think out of all the different sections it makes sense to have it in Memorabilia...perhaps its redundant to call it JB Memorabilia, Collecting and Clothing
    The Mantis wrote:
    I think out of all the different sections it makes sense to have it in Memorabilia...perhaps its redundant to call it JB Memorabilia, Collecting and Clothing
    In my opinion this thread is totally off topic stuff and would belong to off topic thread as well. It seems there's new sheriff in town with different rules. I've had enough of this crap, this used to be a James Bond Forum - not DC's fanclub 8-)

Formerly known as Teppo
    edited January 2012
    The Mantis wrote:

You are joking, right Dave?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Oh, cripes, it's a discussion about brand-name glasses. Where's the best place to discuss brand-name glasses? In a forum about clothing and memorabilia. This is hardly an example of the rights and privileges of members being taken away. Some people need to get over themselves.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    edited January 2012
    Edited out cos who freakin cares?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    i absolutely loved this film and Craigs wardrobe in it

sssxxxx.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    i absolutely loved this film and Craigs wardrobe in it

sssxxxx.jpg

Same.

I think the occasional thread where Bond fans are also discussing the actor's memorabilia in another big project is no issue at all. It's not like we are getting tons of people in here looking for his stuff from Cowboys & Aliens and Dream House, who don't have accounts here for any Bond talk.

I don't think discussing what the Bond actor wears outside of Bond fits better anywhere else besides this forum. I think this has been assumed for a while, as there are several occasions where people find pics of Craig in a magazine or online and get helped with no trouble in this forum.

Since this is not causing any real problem, I don't think there is any issue.
    Wasn't going to chime in here but I want to get this out. IF the above members hadn't complained or argued about whether or not this topic belongs in the subsection, this thread would have been much further down on page 1, if not page 2 by now and out of mind. I keep coming back to this topic after seeing "new posts" hoping someone has further information on said topic glasses, silly me. Can we stay on topic gents? 8-)
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    edited January 2012
    Could anybody identify this charcoal/grey shawl collar sweater or at least one like it? its pretty unique looking because its thin but still has the shawl collar

df12139r.jpg

• The StingerThe Stinger Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    I asked the same in off-topic (trying to avoid the controversy) to no avail. Am very interested in almost every DC clothing piece in this movie. For what it's worth, so far I've only been able to identify the jeans (Scotch &¨Soda) and the grey outer jacket (Moncler).