Last film seen...

Comments

• MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    I just saw Derailed and my head hurts. Anyone else seen it?
  • NAOMI_FAN 1NAOMI_FAN 1 Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    The last film I saw was Herbie Fully Loaded! What can I say? I'm a Love Bug fan since the first film came out!
    Plus, my wife, our kids, and myself really enjoyed it!
  • delon64delon64 RiyadhPosts: 176MI6 Agent
    just rewatched one of my all time favourites robert altmans the long goodbye...while watching it i couldnt help but think that if it was made today would it be lumbered with the ridiculous moniker of a philip marlowe reboot...and no studio would give the green light to that great ending...a real class act from the 70s maybe hollywoods real golden age
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,703MI6 Agent
    Bought The Untouchables a month ago and just watched it. Wow, what a great movie. The music, the cinematography, the costumes, the language (what's a movie without a few f-bombs?) I'm not sure what else to say. One thing I didn't like is, (unless I missed something) they never explained where Malone was getting his information from. Other than that, two thumbs up!
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • ohmss1969ohmss1969 EuropePosts: 141MI6 Agent
    Stay Away , Joe (decent , too bad Elvis didn't get a great script to do...)

Total Recall (bit confused : was it just a dream or was Quaid actually on Mars ?)

It was good , but not in the league of T1 & 2.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,703MI6 Agent
    Just went and saw a brilliant movie. The movie is called Walk The Line. It's about Johnny Cash and his love for June Carter. It also covers Cashs' drug habit. This movie is beyond great. Just go see it. When the Oscars are handed out Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon should get Oscars, if they don't, they were robbed. Go see Walk The Line, you can thank me later.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ... excellent.Quite a bit darker but also more of the same.Very enjoyable.
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ... excellent.Quite a bit darker but also more of the same.Very enjoyable.

Just seen this myself and I agree with your comments, it was darker (by far) but definately more of the same. It was certainly my favorite of the 4 as I really liked the way they blended the several plot lines together (something Empire magazine's 3-star review said was one of the film's failings which I VERY much disagree with). Overall I'd give it a 4-star rating, whereas I would give the previous films 3-stars.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,654MI6 Agent
    The last film I saw was Herbie Fully Loaded! What can I say? I'm a Love Bug fan since the first film came out!
    Plus, my wife, our kids, and myself really enjoyed it!

The original was the first movie I ever saw in a theater. Can't wait to see the new one on DVD.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,654MI6 Agent
    Last movie I saw was Antwone Fisher. A very nice movie based on a true story of the title character, who wrote the screenplay and was also one of the producers. Denzel Washington starred, directed and co-produced with Fisher. This movie reminds us of the feeling of dignity and self-esteem that many take for granted, and made me feel for kids who get screwed up inside at such an early age.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,901Chief of Staff
    Capote. I can't get over how good that film is: Philip Seymour Hoffmann pulled off much the same trick that Jamie Foxx did last year in Ray--perfectly embodying a famous individual yet making him human and interesting. As good as Hoffmann is, though, in a lot of ways he's outshone by Catherine Keener's subtle, down-to-earth Harper Lee. The film also tells a fascinating, gripping story--even if you've read In Cold Blood or seen the superb movie version, the story still seems fresh and exciting because you see it through Capote's eyes and you understand how deeply invested he was in the killers' story. Great movie. Five stars. Thumb's up. Go see it!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • jbfreakjbfreak Posts: 144MI6 Agent
    I finally got around to seeing National Treasure. I wanted to watch it since it first came out but never got around to it. Its a pretty good movie. It seems that anymore you cant have a god movie without a lot of blood and guts, violence, and sex, but this was a great movie with little violence and no sex.
    jbfreak wrote:
    It seems that anymore you cant have a god movie without a lot of blood and guts, violence, and sex. . .

I know this is just a typo, but I still found it pretty funny! :)) And, of course, Cecil B. DeMille liked to fill his religious spectacles with semi-naked women, violence, and all kinds of sinning--which only proves that it is hard to make a "god" movie without all those things!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    I just say New Police Story in the cinema, starring Jackie Chan.
    He's gone back to Hong Kong, and ditched the comedy, to create a worthy addition to the Policy Story franchise.
    There are a lot of stunts, kung-fu fighting and violence, but there's also an interesting story (with fleshed-out characters) and it's good to see Jackie Chan hasn't lost his touch.
    The only problem I had was during the end credits, they showed how they did some of the more outragous stunts, which sort of spoiled it for me.
    Oh well, bring on Rush Hour 3!
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    I sat down and watched my SE War Of The Worlds DVD. I'm still fascinated with this amazing clarity of the digital age, as for a fifty year old movie it never looked better.

I would like to heartily recommend purchasing this to my American friends. Please, after you spend that twenty or thirty dollars on the (cough, overrated) Spielberg Cruise event, buy this classic Gem. There are goodies galore.

A 30 minute making of Documentary

A 15 minute retrospect on HG Wells

The complete Orson Welles 1938 Halloween radio broadcast (!!)

Commentary by original cast members and a seperate with movie scholars and famous directors.

You can get this Special Editon at Walmart for five dollars (!!!)

Now, all I need is someone to lend me a quick forty until pay day for that illustrious King Kong megaset! ;)
  • SPECTRENumber1SPECTRENumber1 L.O.Posts: 75MI6 Agent
    I saw Ed Wood. Utterly fantastic.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Last night I rented Underworld with Kate Beckinsal in a story about the battle between vampires and werewolves. Now this is usually not my type of thing, but the story was compelling and I liked it.
    Millions. Wow--this was a Danny Boyle movie? Bright colors, whimsical humor, optimism, and even spirituality? Good show, Dan! :D

Oh--also interesting to see that British Mormons wear short-sleeved white shirts and dark ties. I thought it was just us. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited November 2005
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Oh--also interesting to see that British Mormons wear short-sleeved white shirts and dark ties. I thought it was just us. . .
    Are there any? The ones that come round the doors dressed like that are all clean cut, buff all-American college boys from the Midwest. ?:)

Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire. Thoroughly entertaining movie, and at last a Harry Potter story that's been done justice on the big screen. Three cheers for Mike Newell. Both very funny at points, and rather chilling in others (Ralph Fiennes was excellently sinister as Lord Voldemort); humour especially is what the previous films have been lacking. There have been some hilarious instances in the books, and I'm glad some of them are now making it up on the silver screen.

The girls from Beauxbatons Academy though... So...many...wrong...thoughts... :s
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Mewtwo3090Mewtwo3090 Posts: 72MI6 Agent
    edited November 2005
    I saw Goblet Of Fire too, it was great. This movie should get an award.
    Are there any? The ones that come round the doors dressed like that are all clean cut, buff all-American college boys from the Midwest. ?:)

Well--in this movie there are. And are you sure the Mormons that come 'round are from the Midwest? Of course, the LDS church is all over the country, but they're most likely found in Utah, Idaho, and my home state of Arizona. OK, cultural anthropology over.
    The girls from Beauxbatons Academy though... So...many...wrong...thoughts... :s

:o
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Well--in this movie there are. And are you sure the Mormons that come 'round are from the Midwest? Of course, the LDS church is all over the country, but they're most likely found in Utah, Idaho, and my home state of Arizona. OK, cultural anthropology over.
    Well, I was putting a big bracket round "Midwest", as in I've not met any north easterners, southerners, or Californians. So I took artistic licence to brand everything else "Midwest" :D
    unitedkingdom.png
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Probably be tarred and feathered, sent out of town on a rail, but I have never seen one single Harry Potter film, nor have I read any of the books. :o

Yes I know, I'm a Philistine..;)

Finally watched Sin City, nice anthology, awesome visuals.
    Alex wrote:
    I have never seen one single Harry Potter film, nor have I read any of the books.
    Well the same goes for me, and I'm proud of it.
    Around the time of the first film, I heard the books borrowed heavily from The Lord Of The Rings trilogy (all of which I loved), so I've purposely abstained from all things Harry Potter, preferring to focus more on James Bond than anything else.
    On another tangent, has anyone seen The Poke Of Zorro? (sorry, yet another Simpsons reference, make that The Legend Of Zorro). It starts in Australia on Boxing Day, alongside King Kong and The Chronicles Of Narnia.
    I'm still weighing up which film to see, and some assistance is appreciated. A simple thumbs up or down for Zorro is sufficient.
    Drawn Out Dad.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Nothing special about "Zorro II" really. I remember it being long, but don't remember why.

I watched Waiting for Guffman, a Christopher Guest film that had slipped by me. CG delivers some more bizarre characters, and because of the "mock-umentary" filmmaking style, you feel a little cruel laughing at these people.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 27,402Chief of Staff
    Finally got to watch Layer Cake. Not bad, thought Daniel Craig was very good in it.
    YNWA 97
  • delon64delon64 RiyadhPosts: 176MI6 Agent
    i watched primer last night...intriguing and puzzling and considering it was made for 7000 dollars it is a major feat of filmmaking...some funny lines as well...i havent eaten since late afternoon etc
  • C_WalkenC_Walken Posts: 125MI6 Agent
    finally rented Trainspotting on the advice of one of my former co-workers

amazing movie, i thought it was great - id like to hear ur opinions too

i must say it made me remember when i wanted ewan mcgregor to be bond, granted this movie didnt cement that, lol
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    It's not a movie per se but I watched the "making of" documentary of the original Star Wars trilogy available in the DVD set. Absolutely brilliant! It's the behind-the-scenes look that fans have needed for a long time. For anyone (like me) who was disenchanted with the prequel trilogy and have since lost interest in things "Star Wars" then you need to see this. Some things are absolutely hysterical, especially hearing Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew) utter his lines in English with a friendly british accent! Darth Vader's undisguised voice is pretty darn hilarious, too.
    Mean Girls premiered on Showtime Australia on Saturday night, so I decided to watch it (as I needed to kill a few hours before the Liverpool v Wigan match started on Fox Sports) and I must say, I enjoyed it alot more than I originally thought I would.
    Of course, it contained the standard 'social clubs' that exist in all Hollwood school films, ie: the pretty girls, the dorks, the goths, etc. but what I really enjoyed were the cameo performances by Tina Fey & Tim Meadows. Funny funny funny. :)
    Oh, and the scene where Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams and Lachey Chabert sung "Jingle Bell Rock" in skimpy mini-skirts wasn't bad either!
    Drawn Out Dad.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad