Let's see your non James Bond collection

Comments

• 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    Well I never plan to sell any of my collections. They carry too much importance to me and I would hate to see them go...not that they are worth much to anyone other than me anyway...
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Well...be careful who you marry one day because the right one will make you get rid of most your things and you'll do it...if you're not careful. :D
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • Dell DeatonDell Deaton Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Well...be careful who you marry one day because the right one will make you get rid of most your things and you'll do it...if you're not careful. :D

We may also be talking about a content for a prenuptial agreement.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,303MI6 Agent
    edited April 2006
    0064 wrote:
    Well I never plan to sell any of my collections. They carry too much importance to me and I would hate to see them go...not that they are worth much to anyone other than me anyway...

You never know about these thing 0064, your tastes may change over time. When I was younger I was crazy about The Micronauts (anybody remember those?) and had built a complete collection including some ultra-rare pieces from Italy. Of course, I spent so much money acquiring them that I couldn't bring myself to open the boxes and put them together (that would have ruined their collectability). They languished in my closet for several years, and I decided to sell the whole lot off. I made good money off them and used that to focus on other areas of collecting. But every now and then, I do get guilt pangs and wonder if maybe I should have held on to a few of them for old times sake.
    RogueAgent wrote:

We may also be talking about a content for a prenuptial agreement.

My brother and I made a pact a long time ago that if one of us were to ever get married he'd have to forfeit all claims to our collection (we wouldn't want some gold digger selling off our stuff, now would we ;) ). I guess it worked because we're both still single. :))
    Ooookay...Never underestimate what a woman will make you do, fellas. Remember that commercial where that guy is envisioning his wife torching his stuff if he doesn't dispose of it himself? That sort of thing is very true. :))

I, myself, got lucky. My wife excepted my comic collection when I got married and hasn't complained since but my buddy's comic stash went POW all for the glory of love...and he was a tougher nut than I... 8-)

RogueAgent wrote:
    Ooookay...Never underestimate what a woman will make you do, fellas. Remember that commercial where that guy is envisioning his wife torching his stuff if he doesn't dispose of it himself? That sort of thing is very true. :))

Can't argue with you there. I once knew a guy who was an avid guitar player and he also had some very nice guitars in his collection (including a really sweet L5). No sooner did he get married, his wife uttered four horrible words: "You play too much". Last I heard, he was down to one guitar. :'(
    TonyDP wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Can't argue with you there. I once knew a guy who was an avid guitar player and he also had some very nice guitars in his collection (including a really sweet L5). No sooner did he get married, his wife uttered four horrible words: "You play too much". Last I heard, he was down to one guitar. :'(

So true, Tony...my sympathies to your friend.

I say if you're passionate about what you ratpack then choose your mate wisely. Otherwise...

• SpectreIslandSpectreIsland spectreislandPosts: 274MI6 Agent
    edited April 2006
    Hey Tony, you're forgetting something more recent and he isn't even married yet!. Let's see, his motorcycle was the first to go, then his membership at the health club(where all sorts of lovely maidens hung out)and don't forget what she told him when he lost the last hockey game that would have sent the team to the playoffs," I'm glad you lost, now I don't have to sit through any more stupid games" Haa! how loving! :) I think it's time to add a few more pieces to the museum don't you think? :D B-)
    Hey Tony, you're forgetting something more recent and he isn't even married yet!. Let's see, his motorcycle was the first to go, then his membership at the health club(where all sorts of lovely maidens hung out)and don't forget what she told him when he lost the last hockey game that would have sent the team to the playoffs," I'm glad you lost, now I don't have to sit through any more stupid games" Haa! how loving! :)

Poor b#stard... :#

edited April 2006
    Hey Rogue Agent, "poor *******" is right on the money, but you don't know the half of it. He's getting poorer; so far wedding prep has already reached $50,000 which includes a $10,000 engagement ring. Can you imgine what a Bond collection I could acquire with that money? :s
    All SD studios, props, all of the Seiko watches, a white Lotus Esprit etc,.8-)
    Ten grand for a ring? My God, that's a down payment on an Aston Martin! :))

Hey Tony, you're forgetting something more recent and he isn't even married yet!. Let's see, his motorcycle was the first to go, then his membership at the health club(where all sorts of lovely maidens hung out)and don't forget what she told him when he lost the last hockey game that would have sent the team to the playoffs," I'm glad you lost, now I don't have to sit through any more stupid games" Haa! how loving! :) I think it's time to add a few more pieces to the museum don't you think? :D B-)

That's not the half of it. She left for Vegas last night for her 4 day bachleorettte party...and left him a 2 page list of chores he has to do by the time she gets back. 8-)

He's amassing a pretty impressive collection himself...of bills to pay.
    So she's gone off to have fun while he has to whittle down a "honey-do-list"? So emasculating...

Don't tell me what a woman CAN"T do...

Pick your future mates wisely, my friends.

TonyDP wrote:

That's not the half of it. She left for Vegas last night for her 4 day bachleorettte party...and left him a 2 page list of chores he has to do by the time she gets back. 8-)

He's amassing a pretty impressive collection himself...of bills to pay.

We should get him to join this thread and post his collection :)
    LOL!

Ok, enough about the happy couple (their ears must be ringing anyway).

Bringing this back on topic, two new very cool Star Wars items have come to market: a working Darth Maul battle damaged FX lightsaber by Master Replicas and an absolutely evil mini-bust of Darth Sidious by Gentle Giant.

I've already picked up the lightsaber and will hopefully have the bust by this weekend. I'll post up a couple of pics as soon as they're procured.
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    OK. I'm making this promise now. If I marry a bloke (and yes it will DEFINITELY be a bloke!) I will never force him to get rid of any of his collections, no matter what I might think of them, as long as I don;t have to get rid of any of mine either. :D
    I'm gonna sort out some pics of my collection. It got bigger when I visited the Doctor Who exhibition. :D 2 hours to get there, 10 minutes to get round the exhibition itself, and an hour in the shop. :)) I'm going back. :D My parents have proimsed me and my brother, that as soon as we've got some more money saved and want to go, they'll sort out a weekend. :)
    If anyone's interested in getting some Bond stuff, my neares Wimpy sells them. No joke. They sell and buy various collective items. They have a car which was driven by this famous rac car driver, LOTS of Bond stuff, A Team stuff and other kind of things.
    It's in England, West Midlands. PM me if anyone's interested. It's a nice quiet place. Food's expensive though. :))
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Know all about the regret thing, If you know who MAD magazine's Sergio Aragones is then you might have been familiar with his Groo The Wanderer. I sold the complete collection. What a boneheaded decision, one worthy of Groo himself!

But the most colossal mistake of all time was selling off my first generation Star Wars toys. Someone really should have beaned me across the head! :(
    edited April 2006
    Speaking of Star Wars, here are a few new arrivals...

Darth Maul's Battle Damaged FX Lightsaber by Master Replicas
    MaulFX.jpg

The Darth Sidious Mini-Bust by Gentle Giant
    bustSidious.jpg

Luke Skywalker 12" Action Figure by Sideshow Toys
    LukeSkywalker.jpg

And for Green Lantern fans, the Origin of GL signed by Gil Kane (another WB piece)
    GLOriginLitho.jpg
  • Lyle Dark-008Lyle Dark-008 Posts: 64MI6 Agent
    Nice stuff. ;)
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    What do you think of the Sideshow Luke, Tony? Are the ape arms really that bad?
    Nice stuff. ;)

Thanks!
    What do you think of the Sideshow Luke, Tony? Are the ape arms really that bad?

Ape arms? :))

Actually, I really like the figure. It's very well articulated and you can pose it pretty much any way you like. It also comes with different hands and a lightsaber without the green blade for even more options. The scuplting on the face is also very good IMHO. Of course, since they're so new and relatively scarce, my comics dealer slapped a pretty heavy markup on it.
    Is that original artwork signed by the Gil Kane, Tony?

edited April 2006
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Is that original artwork signed by the Gil Kane, Tony?

Yes it is. That was a piece I got at the WB store many years ago so I'm 100% sure the signature is authentic. They had a series of them (Batman, Superman, etc.) and when I saw the GL, I couldn't resist.

I don't know if he pencilled the various GL's on each litho (they look hand drawn) but the sig is authentic. One of my favorite pieces, that one.
    I loved Kane's work on the early Spider-man comics... B-)

edited April 2006
    TonyDP wrote:
    Thanks!

Anytime, I have the six episodes for DVD, including the Clone Wars! XD I also have a colletion of Darth Vader, would you like to see some pics?
    TonyDP wrote:
    Thanks!

Anytime, I have the six episodes for DVD, including the Clone Wars! XD I also have a colletion of Darth Vader, would you like to see some pics?

Absolutely! That's what this thread is all about.
    edited April 2006
    Okay, here:

19076-anakinevolutions.jpg

And some here:
    08.jpg

03.jpg

anakinskywalkertodarthvader(evolutions).jpg

Here's a rememorable image(for those who saw episode VI)
    77.jpg

Here's a cool collection that I don't have.
    CP368846.jpg

That one's probably the most rarest.
    Nice. I especially like the Sith in the last picture (bad guys are more fun). I've never seen that figure on the right. Is that Palpatine?