Let's see your non James Bond collection

Comments

• NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    Nice. I especially like the Sith in the last picture (bad guys are more fun). I've never seen that figure on the right. Is that Palpatine?

Yeah, it is. Weren't there three of these sets?
  • Lyle Dark-008Lyle Dark-008 Posts: 64MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    Nice. I especially like the Sith in the last picture (bad guys are more fun). I've never seen that figure on the right. Is that Palpatine?
    Yes, it is! :D
    edited April 2006

Weren't there three of these sets?
    Yep! I have the one with Anakin Skywalker(Darth Vader). I don't have the one with The Sith(Darth Maul, Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus, & Dath Sidious/Emperor Palpitine). I bet ither those are not yet in stock, rare, or sold out. :)
    *edited* Crap! I've double posted again! X-(
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Sweeeet collection, Lyle! B-)
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
    Thanks, RougeAgent! :D
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    Speaking of Star Wars, here are a few new arrivals...
    Yes yes, your Star Wars collection is very nice, but I just LOVE that 1966 Batman movie poster showing in the background! I've never seen a poster for that movie before, which is too bad, because I LOVE that movie!
    PS. I'm not joking. I am being sincere.
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
    I love that movie, too, Asio! Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
    I don't mean to chim in, but I like Batman Begins better. :p
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,303MI6 Agent
    asio wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    Yes yes, your Star Wars collection is very nice, but I just LOVE that 1966 Batman movie poster showing in the background! I've never seen a poster for that movie before, which is too bad, because I LOVE that movie!

Thanks Asio. My brother Spectreisland and I got that from Adam West himself. It is signed to "Al and Tony, Real Batbuddies, Adam West" We love the Adam West Batman Tv series and film. It was our first exposure to the world of Batman.
  • SpectreIslandSpectreIsland spectreislandPosts: 274MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    asio wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

Thanks Asio. My brother Spectreisland and I got that from Adam West himself. It is signed to "Al and Tony, Real Batbuddies, Adam West" We love the Adam West Batman Tv series and film. It was our first exposure to the world of Batman.

And speaking of Batman, I'm working on acquiring a piece that I've been after for about 10 years. If everthing works out I'll post it to this thread soon. Stay tuned!
    edited May 2006
    TonyDP wrote:
    asio wrote:

And speaking of Batman, I'm working on acquiring a piece that I've been after for about 10 years. If everthing works out I'll post it to this thread soon. Stay tuned!

I, myself, hold the old Batman tv shows in high regard; being that it is an integral part of why I love the genre so much but they just don't date well with me anymore. After seeing the likes of Keaton and Bale now( Clooney & Kilmer donning the cowl don't even exist in my world), West has trickled down in my polls...

Doesn't mean that I wouldn't collect any old memorabilia if I had the chance. :D

You can obviously tell which Batman I like based on my avatar. :D
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I, myself, hold the old Batman tv shows in high regard; being that it is an integral part of why I love the genre so much but they just don't date well with me anymore. After seeing the likes of Keaton and Bale now( Clooney & Kilmer donning the cowl don't even exist in my world), West has trickled down in my polls...

Doesn't mean that I wouldn't collect any old memorabilia if I had the chance. :D

More than any other character, Batman can really be re-envisioned in just about any manner you can imagine. You can go camp like the 60's TV show or play it straight like the movies. You can do kiddie cartoons like the Superfriends or more serious fare like The Animated Series. And it always works and turns out entertaining.

Personally, I loved the old TV show. Nobody was better than Adam West at looking serious and delivering deadpan lines ("You filthy criminals!") amidst all the lunacy. And I loved that rogues gallery of villians (Victor Buono's King Tut was always my favorite). It's really too bad that the rights to the series are in dispute between Fox and WB; I'd buy them in a heartbeat if they were released on DVD.

As an FYI for anybody who's interested, Adam West has an official website, www.adamwest.com. You can even order autographed and personalized memorabilia from his site. And here's a larger pic of the signed poster Asio liked.

batman07.jpg
    Of course Keaton and Bale are BETTER, RA, but that isn't the point. Adam wasn't a serious Batman, sort of like how Roger wasn't a completely serious Bond, but to a much larger degree. You can't really fault him for this, and he is quite hilarious.

I think that if the plot wasn't so terrible and was much more serious, Clooney would've made a GREAT Bats. He looks exactly like what I imagine the comic book Bruce Wayne to be, except maybe shorter. Keaton and Bale are fantastic, but they had better movies. Clooney did what he could with a DAD of sorts, if you know what I mean.
    I was gonna say somthing like that. ;)
  • VampiressRNVampiressRN CaliforniaPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    My first time checking this thread out....and Tony that is an absolutely awesome collection. How wonderful to be able to indulge your passion so deeply. The pictures are great, thanks for sharing and encouraging others also. I only have a passion for decorating with an eclective collection of furniture and decorum...don't think anyone would want to see that. ;%
    My first time checking this thread out....and Tony that is an absolutely awesome collection. How wonderful to be able to indulge your passion so deeply. The pictures are great, thanks for sharing and encouraging others also. I only have a passion for decorating with an eclective collection of furniture and decorum...don't think anyone would want to see that. ;%

Thanks for the kind words; my brother and I are pretty passionate about our hobbies. Of course, we've spent years building it all up and it helps that our dad is a retired carpenter so display cases and tables have been relatively easy to come by.

As for your preference for decorating and furniture, AJB has a pretty eclectic bunch of people. I'm sure we'd all enjoy checking some of it out.

I would have never guessed. ;)

My brother and I have quite a few pieces from Batman Begins(including a pretty sweet replica of his gun); I'll snap some pics tonight and post them up for you.
    TonyDP wrote:

My brother and I have quite a few pieces from Batman Begins(including a pretty sweet replica of his gun); I'll snap some pics tonight and post them up for you.

What about Bale's cowl? Or Keaton's? I'll even take West's right about now. :)

RogueAgent wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

What about Bale's cowl? Or Keaton's? I'll even take West's right about now. :)

Got a cowl fetish there RA? No cowls for us I'm afraid. We don't do too much with costume items as they're just too large and take up too much of our already limited space. We have so much stuff on our 2nd floor that we actually have to sleep downstairs.

Of course, I'd love to have Clooney's cowl from the anti-freeze batsuit...NOT!!!!
    C'mon, buddy...you've got to acquire one of those.

It's essential to the love of Batman. :D

edited May 2006
    RogueAgent wrote:

Nope, no cowls (I'd be too tempted to wear them). Maybe codpieces though. :))
    OK, here's some Batman Begins items we got after the movie premiered:

A complete set of autograph cards and costume cards from Topps
    BeginsCards.jpg

A Christian Bale autograph (closest we could come to a signed Begins item)
    BeginsBaleAuto.jpg

The grapple gun (fan produced) and utility belt
    BeginsGunBelt.jpg

The batarangs courtesy of DC Direct
    BeginsBatarang.jpg

The Batmobile maquette with rotating base (again DC Direct)
    BeginsBatmobile.jpg
    VERY neat, Tony.
    You should like... charge admission giving tours, Tony! :))

Amazing, indeed.

"Batman Begins" was the BEST Batman ever! :p
    RogueAgent wrote:
    You should like... charge admission giving tours, Tony! :))

Amazing, indeed.

You know, a few of our friends have suggested that. :D
    TonyDP wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

How did I miss this? :))

RogueAgent wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

How did I miss this? :))

I'm going to have to buy some mannequin torsos so that I can display them properly. :))
  • ohmss1969ohmss1969 EuropePosts: 141MI6 Agent
    edited October 2006
    edited