Let's see your non James Bond collection

Comments

• TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,303MI6 Agent
    Nice pieces there OHMSS, I especially like the George Barris signature. He made a lot of very cool vehicles for movies and TV shows.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited May 2006
    Nice stuff, ohmss! :)

I'm a great fan of collecting comic art which I'll eventually frame as soon as I get a room as cool as Tony & Spectre's...

Here's a sketch I got last year when I had to attend Wizard World Philadelphia last June from Marvel Comics' Mike Oeming (Thor, Red Sonja & Powers). We hit it off pretty well and he asked me who my favorite hero was and next thing you know, he's handing it to me. Totally unexpected. I, in return, drew him a cool Wolverine sketch that he just loved.

Honestly he's a very humble and cool guy to know. He gave us a ringing endorsement on our next issue which will be on the cover.

OemingBatmansketch.jpg
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I love that Batman pic, RA! Very cool thing to have.
    I love that Batman pic, RA! Very cool thing to have.

Thanks, Night. I really cherish it because I didn't ask for it. It was a gift.

Next time I'm in the area I'll ask him to do me up a Judge Dredd sketch. Another favorite hero of mine.

• ohmss1969ohmss1969 EuropePosts: 141MI6 Agent
    I also have a custom painted 66 Batmobile , ltd to only 4 in the world ;)
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Here's a sketch I got last year when I had to attend Wizard World Philadelphia last June from Marvel Comics' Mike Oeming (Thor, Red Sonja & Powers). We hit it off pretty well and he asked me who my favorite hero was and next thing you know, he's handing it to me. Totally unexpected. I, in return, drew him a cool Wolverine sketch that he just loved.

Nice one Rogue; I really enjoy minimalist sketches like that. You need to frame that one; a nice black metal frame with maybe a gray mat (to match the colors of Batsy's suit of course).
    I've got to get a shrine like yours first, T.

As if my wife wants pics of superheroes hanging all over our home... :))

• SpectreIslandSpectreIsland spectreislandPosts: 274MI6 Agent
    RA, hang them in your home office, school office, anywhere they make you happy. That's what TonyDP and I did. We surrounded ourselves with things that make us happy and fuel our imagination. As children we always wanted to collect many things and display them, but our folks never had disposible income to help us achieve that. Now as adults,things have come our way and we have been blessed with the opportunity to do what we always wanted to do - within reason :)
    As children we always wanted to collect many things and display them, but our folks never had disposible income to help us achieve that. Now as adults,things have come our way and we have been blessed with the opportunity to do what we always wanted to do - within reason :)

Are you sure we didn't grow up in the same house? ?:) :D

edited May 2006
    RogueAgent wrote:
    As children we always wanted to collect many things and display them, but our folks never had disposible income to help us achieve that. Now as adults,things have come our way and we have been blessed with the opportunity to do what we always wanted to do - within reason :)

Are you sure we didn't grow up in the same house? ?:) :D

Somehow I don't think so...I would have hit you up to draw all my favorite superheros for me. ;) Of course, my boss does have the same last name as you do...

BTW, my brother SpectreIsland just bagged himself another Batman piece for "The Shrine", but I have to warn you, it's from Batman Forever. And no, it's not a codpiece.
    OMG...Where are you guys going to pull down all this cool merchandise?

Superhero estate sales or what?

RogueAgent wrote:
    OMG...Where are you guys going to pull down all this cool merchandise?

Superhero estate sales or what?

I hear there's a yard sale at the JLA Watchtower this weekend. I'd like to get my hands on a phantom zone projector.

Actually, most of the new stuff is from a couple of comics shops we frequent regularly; some other pieces are acquired thru Ebay; and most of the gallery art was acquired from the WB stores before they went belly up (damn you AOL, damn you to Hell!!)
  • Lyle Dark-008Lyle Dark-008 Posts: 64MI6 Agent
    I have a small collection of Batman Begins. I mean the ones you didn't post Tony. ;)
    edited May 2006
    Well here's your Green Lantern, Tony. I presumed you wanted Hal Jordan...Had you said Guy Gardner then I'd have to charge you extra. God, he's a jerk... Personally I love Hal and John Stewart the best.

Hope you like it. I thought I'd get it out of the way. Let me know if you like it...

greenlanternsketch.jpg

• NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Hey, Rogue, that's AWESOME.
    edited May 2006
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Well here's your Green Lantern, Tony. I presumed you wanted Hal Jordan...Had you said Guy Gardner then I'd have to charge you extra. God, he's a jerk... Personally I love Hal and John Stewart the best.

Hope you like it. I thought I'd get it out of the way. Let me know if you like it...

I LOVE it! Hal looks really po'd and determined, kinda like in GL #46 when he kicked Mongul's butt after Coast City was destroyed. And I like the grey hair on the sides, I always thought they added character to Hal. Outstanding job there Rogue. Absolutely outstanding.
    Well, I presume you're pleased. :D

That's the first GL I've drawn since elementary school. I've always felt Jordan looked better with the Reed Richards sides and that's the way I see him.

Soon as I'm finished with another little thing here, I'll get this out in the mail to you.

RogueAgent wrote:

That's the first GL I've drawn since elementary school. I've always felt Jordan looked better with the Reed Richards sides and that's the way I see him.

Soon as I'm finished with another little thing here, I'll get this out in the mail to you.

I look forward to it. I've already done a little mockup of how I'm going to frame and matte it. It'll be a darkish green matte with a black metal frame, harkening to the colors of GL's costume.
    TonyDP wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I look forward to it. I've already done a little mockup of how I'm going to frame and matte it. It'll be a darkish green matte with a black metal frame, harkening to the colors of GL's costume.

There ya go. Now all you need to add to the GL equation is...a codpiece? :D

RogueAgent wrote:
    There ya go. Now all you need to add to the GL equation is...a codpiece? :D

:)) :)) You really have a codpiece fetish there, don't you.

As far as I can recall, GL was one of the few heros who's costume actually didn't include that fashion accessory as it was basically a green and black one-piece outfit.
    Hey, Rogue, that's AWESOME.

Hey, sorry, man. Didn't see the post.

Thank you. :)

Ok, here's the latest arrival (just got it last night) from the Warner Brothers Stores archives.

It's a signed senigraph from Batman Forever consisting of a pic of Kilmer from the movie, and three strips of film that correspond to the picture. The filmstrips can also be lit up. The pic is autographed by Val Kilmer and is Number 5 of 350.

I know RogueAgent will think less of us for saying this but SpectreIsland and I did actually enjoy Batman Forever. ;)

BatmanForeverSenigraph.jpg
    Not hardly, Tony. Here's the thing with me...respect another's opinion without turning it into an 8 page bickering match and still have a healthy conversation about our differences...

Nobody gets hurt. Not all of us can have our way... ;)

Great addition, BTW.

edited May 2006
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Not hardly, Tony. Here's the thing with me...respect another's opinion without turning it into an 8 page bickering match and still have a healthy conversation about our differences...

Great addition, BTW.

Thanks Rogue. Now all I need is Val Kimler's codpiece and my Batman collection will be complete. :))
    TonyDP wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Great addition, BTW.

Thanks Rogue. Now all I need is Val Kimler's codpiece and my Batman collection will be complete. :))

:)) To correct you from an earlier post, I'm the one with the cowl fetish...That tights thing with you is your own closet fantasy. :))

edited May 2006
    RogueAgent wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Great addition, BTW.

:)) To correct you from an earlier post, I'm the one with the cowl fetish...That tights thing with you is your own closet fantasy. :))

Now Rogue, I stopped wearing the bat-tights under my pants months ago. :))

And just because you can't stop talking about them, I'm going to start seeing if I can find a good Michael Keaton style cowl to add to the collection. :D
    Now that might be a slight challenge. I remember last summer upon Batman Begins hitting theatres, how those Michael Keaton masks were going like hotcakes on sites like Ebay.

They're still held in high esteem with many fans and are still very much sought after...

• asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    I know RogueAgent will think less of us for saying this but SpectreIsland and I did actually enjoy Batman Forever.
    I enjoyed the film too, TonyDP, and I think your Val Kilmer filmstrip display is a very nice addition to your collection.
    Once again, I'm jealous!
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
    edited May 2006
    asio wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    I know RogueAgent will think less of us for saying this but SpectreIsland and I did actually enjoy Batman Forever.
    I enjoyed the film too, TonyDP, and I think your Val Kilmer filmstrip display is a very nice addition to your collection.
    Once again, I'm jealous!

Thanks Asio. My brother has been after this piece for 11 years (that's not an exaggeration) so, needless to say, finally getting our hands on it was a pretty big event.

As for Batman Forever, I really think Kilmer did a great job as Batman/Bruce Wayne. He really caught Bruce's angst and obssession with his Batman persona. And he was smart enough to change his voice when he was Batman (damn you George Clooney, damn you to hell!).

If you have a chance, you should check out the new Batman Forever Special Edition DVD. There are a couple of scenes on the bonus disc that, if they were included in the movie would have really changed the tone of the film. In particular, there's a scene where Bruce finds his father's diary in the Batcave that is actually quite poignant. There's also a great scene that shows how Two-Face escapes Arkham at the start of the movie.
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited May 2006
    TonyDP wrote:
    asio wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    Once again, I'm jealous!

Thanks Asio. My brother has been after this piece for 11 years (that's not an exaggeration) so, needless to say, finally getting our hands on it was a pretty big event.

As for Batman Forever, I really think Kilmer did a great job as Batman/Bruce Wayne. He really caught Bruce's angst and obssession with his Batman persona. And he was smart enough to change his voice when he was Batman (damn you George Clooney, damn you to hell!).

If you have a chance, you should check out the new Batman Forever Special Edition DVD. There are a couple of scenes on the bonus disc that, if they were included in the movie would have really changed the tone of the film. In particular, there's a scene where Bruce finds his father's diary in the Batcave that is actually quite poignant. There's also a great scene that shows how Two-Face escapes Arkham at the start of the movie.

You're not the only one who likes Batman Forever,Tony.So do I.I never cared for either of Burton's pointless Batfilms(can't stand Nicholson as The Joker or Keaton as Batman.And I don't like Devito's Penguin or Pfeiffer's Catwoman).Damn you,Burton-you overrated hack.

Batman Forever at least tries--a little bit--to be about Batman ,as opposed to his villains.BF's screenplay is pretty good(the way Two-Face's origin is handled is quite elegant) and we even see Batman functioning as a detective(!) rather than as a glorified bit player.

I usually like Tommy Lee Jones,but he was badly miscast--he's already ugly,and Harvey Dent was supposed to be handsome,as handsome as Bruce Wayne.And Two-Face's giggling and smiling is entirely out of place.He's a dark and disturbing character-not Bozo the Clown.That aside,I thought the origin of Robin was presented deftly and didn't stray much from the original version--at least in spirit.O'Donnell was just fine as Dick Grayson.And Kilmer was convincing as Bruce Wayne,although he doesn't exactly resemble the character(IMO Michael W.Wilson's father Lewis,did,however).Batman's not the costume--and that's something the makers of the two earlier movies never seemed to realize.And I could've done without the nippled costumes and crotch shots.

If only Sam Hamm's original Batman screenplay had been filmed faithfully, with a cast selected to match the descriptions of the characters involved--if only...But at least the Bruce Timm/Paul Dini "Batman: the Animated Series" got it right.:)

That said,I still enjoy Batman Forever.It's not the equal of Batman Begins but it's definitely on the right track.:)