Walther PPK/S Replica

Comments

• YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    texas007 wrote:
    Here is another edition I have - Marushin PPK - non-blowback - BB
    Very cool version, texas007 ! Damn those European firearm laws X-( One day though, I'll definitely get my hands on decent PPK and P99 replicas. Should make a nice display with the FE Golden Gun.
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Very cool version, texas007 ! Damn those European firearm laws X-( One day though, I'll definitely get my hands on decent PPK and P99 replicas. Should make a nice display with the FE Golden Gun.

Do you live in the UK?
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • bondpropfanbondpropfan Southern UKPosts: 288MI6 Agent
    I to live in the uk and its a complete pain sometimes..... 8-) but then again it can have its up side seeing we live where Bond is created :007)

but...... it does make it hard to get one for myself, any ideas anyone - airsoft or decomissioned?

cheers fellas
    I'd go for deactivated one as there's from time to time sellers at eGun
    who ship ppk's within European Union with decent prices -{

Then again if you want have fun with it sometimes i'd go for airsoft like Maruzen.

Price for deco ppk is around 300 euros, airsoft around 100 euros and up.

For me they're display only as i've done my shooting ;)

Formerly known as Teppo
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Teppo wrote:

Then again if you want have fun with it sometimes i'd go for airsoft like Maruzen.

:))
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    Teppo wrote:

:))

:D

Formerly known as Teppo
    Teppo wrote:

Do you live in the UK?

No, Holland, but it's just as bad firearm wise. I did have a few replicas sent by mail from Germany, but they are partially plastic... Doesn't come quite close to the real thing.
    No, Holland, but it's just as bad firearm wise. I did have a few replicas sent by mail from Germany, but they are partially plastic... Doesn't come quite close to the real thing.

What about the deactivated ones? Is there any restrictions?
    You're looking a piece to go with FE GG?

BR,
    Teppo

Formerly known as Teppo
    Teppo wrote:
    What about the deactivated ones? Is there any restrictions?
    You're looking a piece to go with FE GG?
    BR,
    Teppo

Unfortunately anything even slightly resembling a gun is strictly forbidden. The only option left is to travel to Belgium or Germany and pick up a gas blowback version there. They have been on my wishlist for a while now, and as a scale 1:1 GG is almost on its way...:D

Well, no hurry, but it will happen one day (soon, I hope) !

Kind regards.
    Unfortunately anything even slightly resembling a gun is strictly forbidden. The only option left is to travel to Belgium or Germany and pick up a gas blowback version there. They have been on my wishlist for a while now, and as a scale 1:1 GG is almost on its way...:D

Well, no hurry, but it will happen one day (soon, I hope) !

Kind regards.

Yeah, just read the restrictions regarding airsoft etc. guns and noticed that there's huge differences between
    European countries, even inside European Union. Hopefully you'll get one for your display soon -{

It's only a matter of time, when we're having the same situation in Finland.

Good luck for getting one :007)

Formerly known as Teppo
    Thanks !
  • forrestwhiteforrestwhite Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Hey all,

I'm a new member; first time post just after finding this topic, so I'm hoping someone can help me out :)

I live in Canada and I am looking to buy the Maruzen PPK/S "Spy Set". I was wondering if anyone is looking to sell their PPK/S, or know where I might find the "Spy Set" posted by texas007 on Page 1?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

-FW

PS: My e-mail is deandavis00(at)gmail(dot)com
    Hey all,

I'm a new member; first time post just after finding this topic, so I'm hoping someone can help me out :)

I live in Canada and I am looking to buy the Maruzen PPK/S "Spy Set". I was wondering if anyone is looking to sell their PPK/S, or know where I might find the "Spy Set" posted by texas007 on Page 1?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

-FW

PS: My e-mail is deandavis00(at)gmail(dot)com

Welcome to the forum -{

As you might already know the Maruzen ppk/s Spy Kit is sold out, so only option obtaining one is via second hand ;)
    This forum is one place to look for one, if someone is willing to sell one. Also eGun is a similar auction site to eBay, but there you can find real pieces, airsofts, paintballers, blank firers, replicas, deactivated guns, accessories etc. :007)

Regards,
    Teppo

Formerly known as Teppo
  • forrestwhiteforrestwhite Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Thanks Teppo! I checked out eGun but had no luck. I'm hoping one of the fellow forumites might have the Spy Kit they're looking to sell! :)
    Thanks Teppo! I checked out eGun but had no luck. I'm hoping one of the fellow forumites might have the Spy Kit they're looking to sell! :)

You are welcome -{
    Are you looking for the Maruzen Spy Kit only or perhaps standard Maruzen ppk/s
    and threaded barrel with custom made suppressor/silencer?

Formerly known as Teppo
  • NICKO FANNICKO FAN Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    I have a Deactivated PPK/s and a proper Ulm PPk, both can be stripped dry fired ect ect. I also have a PPK/s BB Umarex gun and a Walther Pak 8mm Blank gun. By the way I hate the umarex gun because of the handle and it's not just because of the screw even if you could remove it, the handle is way to long, they enlarged the length to acomidate the c02 bottle, it is nasty compared to a standard PPk and even the PPK/s it is about a inch longer, even with the finger guard magazine in. I used to have a maruzen one like the spy set and it was scarry how acurate it was. If you can get the real thing, and get a deactivated one. If you live in the UK try Worthing Guns they used to be the supplier to Bapty for all the Live guns for James Bond and Tomb Raider Ect.
  • Wolf007Wolf007 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi there folks! New to the forum, just came across it while searching for info on a particular PPK blank firing model and the relative gun laws (UK). It's not a Bond PPK (though I am a fan), it's an 8mm Perfecta El Alamein which from research I've done appears to be quite rare. Unfortunately somebody has mentioned it to Der Polizei and they want to see it. Whilst I'm obviously not refusing to let them see it I'd rather not be told a load of rubbish about it being potentially convertible to a lethal weapon or anything like that just so they can get rid of it for no reason at all. Anybody any ideas as to where I stand? Thanks.
    edited October 2010
    Wolf007 wrote:
    Hi there folks! New to the forum, just came across it while searching for info on a particular PPK blank firing model and the relative gun laws (UK). It's not a Bond PPK (though I am a fan), it's an 8mm Perfecta El Alamein which from research I've done appears to be quite rare. Unfortunately somebody has mentioned it to Der Polizei and they want to see it. Whilst I'm obviously not refusing to let them see it I'd rather not be told a load of rubbish about it being potentially convertible to a lethal weapon or anything like that just so they can get rid of it for no reason at all. Anybody any ideas as to where I stand? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum -{

I know only a part from UK gun laws and information from my side might be completely useless to you,
    but you don't mention is the blank gun of yours so called front firer or not ?(Does it give a muzzle blast when you fire it)
    Have you recently purchased the item from another country perhaps? Do you know when the gun was manufactured? (Just asking this cause there are different types of blank guns)
    I think some member from UK could also help you out.

btw, why would somebody make a report..unless :v

It seems to be a FF -model, just looked from German website.

Formerly known as Teppo
  • jimmybondijimmybondi ShrublandsPosts: 328MI6 Agent
    Perfecta El Alamein is really a nice and scarce handweapon - I don't fancy the insignias, though... 8-)

Just treated me this kit (early X-mas present):
    muzzle_walther_SO_koffer02.JPG

muzzle_walther_SO_zertifikat01.JPG

Limited to 1.000 sets world-wide, both guns with matching serial no. 007-024x

"Nothing But The Best For The Best" :D
    gez.
    Jimmybondi

007fyeoturboespritbronz.jpg
  • Wolf007Wolf007 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the answer Teppo. As to whether it front fires or not, I wouldn't know, I've never fired it, never even owned any blanks for it, and no I haven't done anything illegal with it as far as I'm aware. It was worn once in a shoulder hoster under a tux to a James Bond party and brought out to pose with for pics but that's about it. 8-)
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    im wondering who reported you to the police and why.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    The Perfecta is front firing and has a pin inside to block the barrel. If it is an old model, which it certainly is, this pin will not be visible from the front. AFAIK the Perfecta uses 8mm blanks which will give a nice muzzle flash and a very loud bang. :)
    gez.
    Jimmybondi

i think mr wolf's gonna get nicked then.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    You can always send the gun to me, I will take care of it...
    gez.
    Jimmybondi

ok, just to point out to people, i've been shooting since 1998, and this is my take on the current uk laws regarding blank firers.

JUST TAKE NOTE I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS GOSPEL, I'M NOT A LAWYER, AND THIS INFORMATION IS MY OPINION.

ANYONE WHO WISHES TO KNOW FOR SURE WHAT THE LAWS ARE, I SUGGEST YOU CONTACT YOUR LOCAL POLICE FORCE AND ASK FOR THE FIREARMS LICENCING DEPARTMENT, OR YOUR LOCAL GUN DEALERSHIP WHO WILL ADVISE YOU ACCORDINGLY.

right, legal arse covering taken care of.

blank firers, front venting, very illegal. i've even heard of people getting nicked trying to hand these in to the police.

blank firers in original colours, top venting, ok to own if you purchased before the VCRA act came in, in i think 2003. selling is only allowed to someone with some form of certificate (ie an official reason in which you want to own one) ie, stage production companies, or film production studios.

blank firers in bright colours, ok to buy without any exemption certifcate as long as you're over 18, i think purchase has to be done in person.

deactivated guns, legal to own and purchase, should be supplied with deactivation certificate which should be held with the gun. if you have the gun on display, its best to put the certificate along side it.

now, naughty ****.

painting a bright coloured blank firer black so it looks original - very illegal (modification of a replica imitaion firearm)

painting a black blank firers bright colours - very illegal (bright coloured blank firers are coloured bright colours to show they meet current home office rules with regards that they can't be modified to fire projectiles, painting your old blank firer which may not meet the current standards, a bright colour would be a mod, and may land you in ****)

tinkering with your deact to make it fire blanks - highly naughty, don't do it. ever.

casting/making a solid resin gun for display in your own home - illegal, manufacture of an imitation firearm.

the basic guidelines to courts state judges to use initiative when sentencing people who've broken the rules, but some judges don't. the minimum term is 5 years imprisonment.

i know of one chap who worked for customs. he bought a blank firer from italy, and imported it, before the new rules came in, in 2003. after 2003, when the new rules came into force, the police traced the purchase through his credit card details, and raided his home. he was charged with possession of a replica imitation firearm and sentenced to 5 years.

bb guns, blanks, airguns, airsoft weapons, deacts and real firearms are ALL treated as firearms in a court. ie if you get caught waving your bb gun in public, you will be charged with a firearms offence.

be very careful people.

i suggest if you are interested in shooting, then why not enquire where your local gun club is through the NSRA?

joining a club teaches you how to do it safely, and responsibly which is absolutely paramount in the sport. the costs are reletively small and its great fun and a good way to meet new mates and enjoy some good banter. although pistols are banned in the UK and your dreams of being james bond on the range are pretty slim, theres still plenty of disiplines you can shoot in, and local and national competitions run all year too. who knows, you might even win a trophy!

i hope this post has been useful to people, please though, its important you understand that what i've said here might be incorrect or a little inaccurate. i've put what i understand to be the current law, but hey we aint perfect and we all get things wrong sometimes. as i've said, contact your local plod or gun shop for definitive advice.

if i've spouted a load of crap or if anyone wants to correct me, then please, for my benefit and for others, feel free to point out my mistakes.

cheers guys,

MG -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    Minigeff, I think you've just about covered everything.

As to Wolf007's PPK, I also have a Perfecta El Alemain PPK and it is a (legal) top venter - to find out how yours is vented, just check to see if there is a slot in the top of the slide, if there is, it's a top venter and therefore legal in the UK, providing you bought it before the new laws came into being.

A question, how do we owners of legal deacs/BBs/blank firers/replicas/toys/etc prove we bought them before the laws changed - I certainly don't have my original receipts.

The PPK shown in my avatar is the second Replica Models version - bought sometime in the 70s.
    good question mark.

and how do you prove you bought it pre 2003 when you bought privately with cash?

yet again, our gov'ment shut the door on the legal racehorse long after the criminal nag had bolted.

banning the legal enthusiast does NOTHING to stop the criminal fraternity.

handguns were banned in 96, a young lad died in london last week from one. the law certainly helped him, didn't it mr bliar?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    further info for all UK residents regarding the VCRA act, and what you can and can't have/do can be found here guys.

this guide was written by the BASC and the UK's ACPO, its very good and explains things as clear as it can get.

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/utilities/document-summary.cfm/docid/E3040E51-F7C3-4C26-9DECDB0D3C8BFD82
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • 007JB67007JB67 Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Hi love the collection of ppks, I myself have a YT Corp PPK PFC from Japan using 7mm caps, a Umarex .177 bb co2 ppk, and a 9mm pak Umarex walther p99 and in the process of getting an 8mm PAK Umarex Walther ppk,
    Photos to follow.
  • BOFFERBOFFER Posts: 331MI6 Agent
    Fascinating, but 5 years late.