Tears of Allah - NSNA

No debates about if Never Say Never Again was good/bad/official etc :))

I just finished watching this (hadn't seen it in aaaaaaages). Just love it :D .... sorry :v

Topic subject : does anyone have any idea if anyone, somewhere, ever, made a replica of the Tears of Allah pendant given by Largo to Domino ? It's gorgeous -{

Comments

• texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,352MI6 Agent
    that is so girly ..... I want one too :D
  • alancastillo1alancastillo1 MaltaPosts: 54MI6 Agent
    :))

Seriously, anyone know anything about this prop ?
  • jimmybondijimmybondi ShrublandsPosts: 328MI6 Agent
    shouldn't be a problem to make a clay model and cast it in resin. Few drops of paint and: "Hey presto!"
    gez.
    Jimmybondi

007fyeoturboespritbronz.jpg
    I was thinking just that, with translucent resin, but it has various shades of green/blue/turquoise colours in it. It would be complicated to get the right shades in the right places. Oh well, maybe a small project for winter -{
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    resin is for pussies :v
    needs to be gold plated metal :p
    No can do. It's translucent :p

Anyway, I got a few screen grabs of it so anyone can save themselves the trouble of looking it up or watching the dvd.

There is not a SINGLE pic of it on the net.

The first 2 images are when Largo gives it to Domino. Great shot, as when Domino is dangling it, it rotates to show a perfect back & front image.

Under that is a shot of the map of the region when Bond is looking up the place in the submarine.

The last image is the pendant when he places it in the viewer & points to the diamond in the pendant to pinpoint the location on the map.

http://www.alancastillo.com/ToA

No can do. It's translucent :p

Anyway, I got a few screen grabs of it so anyone can save themselves the trouble of looking it up or watching the dvd.

There is not a SINGLE pic of it on the net.

The first 2 images are when Largo gives it to Domino. Great shot, as when Domino is dangling it, it rotates to show a perfect back & front image.

Under that is a shot of the map of the region when Bond is looking up the place in the submarine.

The last image is the pendant when he places it in the viewer & points to the diamond in the pendant to pinpoint the location on the map.

http://www.alancastillo.com/ToA

Bugger, its been that long since ive seen it :D
    Same here :D.

Only after years did I realise last week that I didn't have this Bond film, as it (obviously ... duh :s) didn't come in the whole set I had bought. Got it from Play last week, it arrived yesterday, & I watched it in the evening.
    and it is still poo :v
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,276MI6 Agent
    edited September 2010
    Pooh?

Bit unfair that mate, the music sucked, the screenplay was lame, the "Flying Saucer" was not a patch on the Disco Volante, the villain was more boring than Hugo "Yawn" Drax etc etc
    On the positive side, Walther P5 and a magnificent Grey Scottish Tribble!

ON THE NEGATIVE SIDE: No Aston Martin DB5, Shrublands, Vulcan bomber, silenced Walther PPK, Claudine Auger, Molly Peters, Martine Beswick, LUCIANNA PALUZZI, BSA 650 Lightning, Desmond Llewelwyn, Bernard Lee, Lois Maxwell, Bob Simmonds, LUCANNA PALUZZI and Fiona Volpe! Chuck in John Barry & Tom Jones for good measure.

Strewth mate, you're right......NSNA woz excrement!
    .... and one beautiful pendant prop -{
    :D them tribbles get everywhere, but id be up for a pendant, hmmm, SINGE :v
    with apologies to Elisa Doolittle ... gaaaaaaaaaaaaan prop makers, take a shot at this .... If precise, I'd be in too of course. We're always moaning about how there seems to be a lack of 'new' props to add to our mayhem. Forget the film itself (which I love :v) , I think this is a cool prop.
  • jimmybondijimmybondi ShrublandsPosts: 328MI6 Agent
    I watched NSN twice in the last 2 years - spend my last 2 summer hols in the south of France
    6916_1224530421449_1474656160_611287_757907_n.jpg

NSN is not the best Bond film of the eighties, but quite entertaining

PS: I also watched 'To catch a thief' and 'Mr. Bean's Vacation' for that reason :D
    gez.
    Jimmybondi

007fyeoturboespritbronz.jpg
    Well, Octopussy grossed 187.5 million USD. NSNA grossed 160. Couldn't have been all that bad. ah, plus 5 Euro that I just paid to Play :))
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,246Quartermasters
    It's a neat prop. As for the movie, it's no Thunderball, but I remember liking it when it was in theaters. It was great to see Connery back as Bond, even playing it older. Loved the use of the Bentley. Fatima Blush is also one of the best Bond villains ever. She stole the show. Furthermore, the SPECTRE skull prop is fantastic!

Back to the Tears of Allah prop, Indy Magnoli could probably take a wack at it. There is also another fellow named Markpoon over at COW and RPF that makes the Nurhachi urn from Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom. It's made of clear resin and painted to look like jade as in the movie. It even has an opening lid. A fantastic piece that I have in my own collection. I bet he could do it too, provided we get enough people together who are interested.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
    Yes - the urn - nice one.
    000697.jpg
    Please ignore the "golden gun" - that was a joke.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    i see mick finally found a buyer kan?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    No - that is my golden gun made for Mick - I put all that together in 5 mins
    It's a neat prop. As for the movie, it's no Thunderball, but I remember liking it when it was in theaters. It was great to see Connery back as Bond, even playing it older. Loved the use of the Bentley. Fatima Blush is also one of the best Bond villains ever. She stole the show. Furthermore, the SPECTRE skull prop is fantastic!

Back to the Tears of Allah prop, Indy Magnoli could probably take a wack at it. There is also another fellow named Markpoon over at COW and RPF that makes the Nurhachi urn from Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom. It's made of clear resin and painted to look like jade as in the movie. It even has an opening lid. A fantastic piece that I have in my own collection. I bet he could do it too, provided we get enough people together who are interested.

DG

Well, I posted an 'interest thread' directed to prop makers over at the RPF, so Anthony & Mark should see it I suppose. I hope this item comes through.
    I bet your Wife doesn't :D :v
    Do you think I'm crazy enough to even tell her that this time, I am instigating another money-sucking big boy's toy ????? :))
    :D my Mrs would kick my arse BIGTIME if I gave her one of them for Christmas :)) :v, but id like one ;)
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,276MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    :D my Mrs would kick my arse BIGTIME if I gave her one of them for Christmas :)) :v, but id like one ;)

And such nice BIG cheeks, if only they were brains!....lol
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

:v
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

:v

you two gonna get a room anytime soon? :p
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    you want in big boy ;)