Lines you Cringe at

12346»

Comments

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I enjoy dark humor as well. This attempt just fell flat for me.
    chrisisall wrote:
    I was aware of the connection to Hemingway, but I still cringed when the line was delivered. To me it just seemed out of place at that moment, but maybe that's because I had gotten so used to connecting such witticisms to Connery and especially Moore. It just didn't seem to suit Dalton's version of 007 and I think it was a bit jarring that it occurred in such a serious scene.
    I still stand by my earlier comment that it was Bond realizing that this action might well be the death of him right there and then given the circumstances of his escape attempt, and better to go out with a memorable line if it should come to that, as ultimately unfunny as it might be.
    I like my humour dark, I guess. 8-)
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I for one enjoyed the line, thought it was very funny. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    I for one enjoyed the line, thought it was very funny. :D
    :v
    me 2
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote :
    me 2

Are you quoting Brosnsn in TND. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    Not intentionally... B-)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,419MI6 Agent
    I don't think Dalton ever successfully delivered an (intentionally) funny line. The above one is just a bit wry, not laugh out loud anyway.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 27,378Chief of Staff
    I don't think Dalton ever successfully delivered an (intentionally) funny line. The above one is just a bit wry, not laugh out loud anyway.

I don't think it's meant to be 'laugh out loud' funny though....I don't think Dalton's Bond suited that type of line, much better with a wry smile -{
    YNWA 97
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,347MI6 Agent
    The bit in Thunderball when Connery tell's Largo's henchman about the little fish he's throwing back and then that fairly badly dubbed "now mo-oooooooooooooooove!!!!", or words to that effect.

Also AVTAK when Roger is pursuing Mayday up the Eiffel tower and says something like "I'll have him once!", when he knocks the guard out of the way- any idea what he's saying?

But the crown has to go to Diana Rigg's ventriloquist style -"James, how do we get out?" in OHMSS. No matter how much I try to convince my other half that it's the one of the best films ever made, that's the kiss of death moment!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".