Possible spoiler: Craig's physical appearance in Skyfall

Did they purposely make Daniel Craig look older than he is in Skyfall?

Did they purposely tell him to let his body go a little to make him less defined?

Was this done to "enhance" the story line that Bond should contemplate retirement?

Or is this just Craig aging somewhat prematurely?

Certainly they made less of an effort to hide Dench's true age in this movie, which made her storyline more believable, but I just didn't find the "please consider retiring" storyline believable for Craig's Bond.
(1) TLD (2) FRWL (3) LTK (4) CR (5) QoS (6) FYEO (7)OHMSS (8) DN (9) GF (10) TSWLM (11) TND (12) GE (13) SF (14) LALD (15) TWINE (16) AVTAK (17) DAF (18) OP (19) TMWTGG (20) DAD (21) MR (22) YOLT (23) TB

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I did notice that Craig's face was really chiseled in this film, his Jawline was extremely defined due to his very low body fat % he had in the film, perhaps even lower then in Quantum. Besides being younger in CR and QOS, Craigs face fluctuates between chiseled and bloated throughout those two films, where as in SF, probably due to the large amount of shirtless scenes, Craig kept his body fat % low, giving him that older, more chiseled appearance. And i dont think his body was any less defined, in fact he was probably in the best shape for this one given all the shirtless scenes and his age.
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,251Quartermasters
    I did notice that Craig's face was really chiseled in this film, his Jawline was extremely defined due to his very low body fat % he had in the film, perhaps even lower then in Quantum. Besides being younger in CR and QOS, Craigs face fluctuates between chiseled and bloated throughout those two films, where as in SF, probably due to the large amount of shirtless scenes, Craig kept his body fat % low, giving him that older, more chiseled appearance. And i dont think his body was any less defined, in fact he was probably in the best shape for this one given all the shirtless scenes and his age.

Thanks to Simon Waterson.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • don pdon p Posts: 607MI6 Agent
    during preperation for CA and building his upper body, the trainers would ! have dan taking creatine ,, it helps build muscle and helps muscle hold mre water, giving a larger look, it can also cause bloating,,

during the prep for SF, i dont think he has been using it as he looks lean,
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think he was trying to look withered and spent, in a "Washed up agent " way.
    I think he did a great job, looked very thin ( A little too thin ), I know some of it
    is make up etc, But the bloodshot eyes had a sunken look.
    So I supose a mix of acting and make-up but very well done. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."