Bondian Cool in SF (SPOILERS)

bigzilchobigzilcho Toronto, ONPosts: 245MI6 Agent
edited November 2012 in Skyfall - Bond 23 (2012)
Greetings everyone. Time for a list.

Our man James has a great deal of Bondian cool in SF. So what else is new?

Like all Bond films, SF will be analyzed and studied with clockwork precision by 007 fans the world over.

Here are some defining moments of cool from one viewing of SF.

Bond grabbing the steering wheel to ram into the car in the PTS. Eve is a worthy ally, but sometimes Bond needs to add his two cents to what the driver is doing.

Bond adjusts his suit and cufflink. Nuff said.

The first sign of Bond alive is ramming against the wall with a lovely lass. A superb choice in editing. Never forget: Bond is a sexual being. Anyone objecting to this point will be exiled to Spectre Island with Rosa Klebb.

Bond missing at the target range. Bond's reaction? Blast away.
Alone, he wouldnt mind. But with witnesses, humiliation is unacceptable.

Asked to word associate, Bonds response to "time"?
"Waste of"
Bond is many things, but being a patient of any kind is not one of them

"I'm the new Quarterrmaster."
"You must be joking."
Always remember that Bonds respect must always be earned. In a fine scene. Ben Whishaw reboots the beloved Q and establishes his territory.
Q only becomes Q when Bond refers to him as "Q".
Somewhere, Desmond is smiling.

A classic scene of Bondian style and coolness, the fight in the
shadows in Shanghai will go down as one of the greatest punch-ups in Bond history. Electrifying. And his anger at letting the man slip away is a worthy substitute for a throwaway line.

A new Q, a new Moneypenny,Tanner already in place and perfect casting in Ralph Fiennes as the new M. This Bond fan was ecstatic at that last scene.
One of the most gloriously happy moments in Bond history.
Everything in the Bond universe is where it should be. And then some.

Obviously I have just scratched the surface. Would like to hear your comments.

"Last rat standing."

Comments

• Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    One of my favorite "Bondian Cool" moments in Skyfall was very minor - but I thought it looked great.

I believe it was at Skyfall and Bond did a "kick up" with a gun using his foot to pop it up to his hands. Looked very stylish and very cool in my opinion.