Moonraker Laser Gun

Just Arrived! Think I might go outside and reenact the space battle now :)

IGP8624.jpg
Stop Getting Bond Wrong! !

Comments

• AdamCarterJonesAdamCarterJones UKPosts: 303MI6 Agent
    What, in Glasgow!? :))
    Just kidding ... great piece - looks great anyway!
    Best wishes,
    Adam Carter-Jones
    Bondposters.com - FREE James Bond Poster Reference site
  • SkociaSkocia GlasgowPosts: 28MI6 Agent
    What, in Glasgow!? :))
    Just kidding ... great piece - looks great anyway!

Just a typical Friday night in Glasgow :))
  • NeverSayDieNeverSayDie Posts: 495MI6 Agent
    It looks amazing! How happy with are you on a scale of 1-10. Would you recommend one?
    How much did it cost you with shipping and import taxes if you don't me asking.
    I'm torn at the mo whether or not to get one as I've just spent a truck load on the FE LE GG however Moonraker is one my fave movies.

Chris

ps. I love your autograph displays. That is a really cool way of displaying them!
    It looks amazing! How happy with are you on a scale of 1-10. Would you recommend one?
    How much did it cost you with shipping and import taxes if you don't me asking.
    I'm torn at the mo whether or not to get one as I've just spent a truck load on the FE LE GG however Moonraker is one my fave movies.

Chris

ps. I love your autograph displays. That is a really cool way of displaying them!

10/10 at the moment. If I had the golden gun then it would probably be 8/10 seeing as the golden gun actually does something and the laser gun does nothing of course. With shipping it cost £265. The shipping is expensive but it did take less than 40 hours to travel from the other side of the world!

Thanks, the autographs need a bit of work getting them mounted properly though, I'm never good with finishing things I've started, It's taken me years to get my bond stuff out of the drawers they were hidden away in.
    WOW! That is not a bad price at all!
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    cool display -{
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    It's always cool to see pics from fellow members collections, nice display - Thanks for sharing -{
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • jaashjaash Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    Love seeing everyone's displays!! Here's my small display that is suddenly much larger now that the HUGE Moonraker Laser arrived!!
    Bond1.jpg

Bond2.jpg
    Cool stuff jaash, Thanks for sharing the pics -{

Formerly known as Teppo
    jaash wrote:
    Love seeing everyone's displays!! Here's my small display that is suddenly much larger now that the HUGE Moonraker Laser arrived!!
    Bond1.jpg

Bond2.jpg

How much was the postage on the SPECTRE ring? They had it on sale for $150 on the Factory Entertainment site but I see it's gone back up to $200
  • jaashjaash Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    Skocia wrote:

How much was the postage on the SPECTRE ring? They had it on sale for $150 on the Factory Entertainment site but I see it's gone back up to $200

Postage for the SPECTRE ring was $13 when I bought it during the $150 sale....that's too bad that the price has gone up already!
    Great display Jaash! :007)
    I love seeing everyone's collections. I must photograph mine at some point.
    There should be a thread for everyone to share pictures of their collections though it's not good for my wallet when I see things like that :))
    That's a great idea!!!
    Mods is there a thread already for this or shall we start a new one?
  • KleynenKleynen BelgiumPosts: 396MI6 Agent
    Really nice displays!!
    But is it just me? In my opinion these gun scopes look strange. Not SA at all.
    Guess something went wrong with the extrapolation. ;)
    Thanks for sharing.
    I think there were at least two different laser rifles during the battle in the space, and those scopes on FE's prop replica looks more like the ones used by Drax's spacemen, hence the FE's box has Drax Industries logos etc. US space marine rifle has similar body imo, but scopes are different - i'm possibly wrong having just looked some screencaptures :s

Formerly known as Teppo
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,893MI6 Agent
    I believe the Laser rifles used by the Space Marines were primarily white while the ones used by Drax's henchmen were black. Otherwise I see no difference between them.

I agree that the scope's rear "sight" should be tapered...not straight. I've never noticed a straight tube version as we see on the FE version.
    Ed i was referring to Drax's spacemen when Scott with his team arrived to Space station - we can clearly see Drax's men using similar white uzi based rifles as Space Marines

Space Marine rifle:
    IMG1.jpg

Drax's men laser rifle:
    IMG2.jpg

And yes as the battle continues inside the space station, we can see them black laser guns.

Formerly known as Teppo
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    New Laser Prop Looks pretty cool - I Must say :007)

also good to see a fellow Glaswegian on AJB Skocia :007)

Your name have anything to do with the Bar in Glasgow?
    just curious

thanks for sharing and posting up nice displays to... Nice one
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    I believe the Laser rifles used by the Space Marines were primarily white while the ones used by Drax's henchmen were black. Otherwise I see no difference between them.

I agree that the scope's rear "sight" should be tapered...not straight. I've never noticed a straight tube version as we see on the FE version.

I think teppo is right...

But a more worrying omission is the black "band" at the hand-support point of the rifle..

Mine just arrived.. Have to say I took it on faith that they had researched this correctly.... :s

445f397317b47f5be4afb18fe198e337.jpg
    0aed40bec876f95a7eef19bc3f83ce83.jpg
    de676a9ea590af729d5b47d267addbc2.jpg
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Just out of curiosity, does the FE pew pew laser do anything like light up or even do a 'pew pew' laser sound?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, does the FE pew pew laser do anything like light up or even do a 'pew pew' laser sound?

Wouldn't that risk 30yrs in HM custody Jeff?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Would be handy if the toaster busts though.. :D
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Yep.
    Two different size rifles. The small on seems to be for the Marines and larger one for the Drax EVA soldiers. You can see photo guns in this photo from the exherbition in London.
    http://m.core77.com/gallery/designing-007/32.asp
    New Laser Prop Looks pretty cool - I Must say :007)

also good to see a fellow Glaswegian on AJB Skocia :007)

Your name have anything to do with the Bar in Glasgow?
    just curious

thanks for sharing and posting up nice displays to... Nice one

No, I don't think I've ever been in that bar, it's just the Hungarian translation of Scotland
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    aghhh I see... :) Well to be fair the Bar is called the ''Scotia'' in
    Glasgow, , its just been there for Decades.. I know you didn't spell
    it the same, but I just noticed your Location and name and assumed
    it was a little ''in joke'' in some way... no worries thanks for the translation -{
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,893MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Paul, I've converted two to have both a working Targeting Laser inside the scope and an Ultra-bright blue LED in the barrel that work off pulling the trigger....but left out the "pew" "pew" sound...but then again, we're in the states.
    Ed
  • MOONRAKERMOONRAKER Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    I just reviewed the laser on my site. The laser looks awesome being surrounded by the other 007 pieces collectors have posted on this thread.

http://www.popculturecentral.com/james-bond---moonraker-laser-limited-edition-prop-replica.html