1/6 scale Daniel Craig figure !

Well... not officially licensed.. but obviously this is a DC Bond figure... headsculpt is pretty decent actually... and for the detail oriented folks there is another 1/6 company out of Asia that is producing a correctly colored midnight blue tuxedo for 1/6 figures.. so once I pick this one up I plan on swapping out the black tux for the correct blue one..

http://did.co/2013/detail_m16.html

(also plan on picking up 2 or 3 extra heads to build various other customs !)

Comments

• VoituerVoituer Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Hmm, DC is odd looking at times but that figure is not right!
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 747MI6 Agent
    In what sense do you mean "not right!" ?:)
  • Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:

Just compare to this DC figure - this is perfect, just needs some light blue bathing trunks. {:)

review_qtrgollum_6.jpg
    MFisher wrote:

Just compare to this DC figure - this is perfect, just needs some light blue bathing trunks. {:)

review_qtrgollum_6.jpg

maybe a haircut.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,654MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:

I saw posts of this figure in one of my 1/6 hobby boards and agree, it's a bit off. I believe it's by Dragon in Dreams (DiD) and they've had more successes in capturing celebrity likeness, than failures, but IMO this is one where they do slightly miss nailing down not only the likeness, but the essence. In the 1/6 hobby, IMO facial likeness is 95% of a figure's success.

In short of looking as I type, I do recall another recent release of a DC figure or headsculpt but from a more obscure company that I felt really captured the likeness and essence the best so far. As a note, I think it's safe to say that there have been more renditions of DC than any other Bond actor, even SC (as Bond, of course). I myself spent about $45 around 4 years ago just for a head from a DC-inspired figure, an F-4 Phantom pilot figure, which I think was close enough at that point in time; I used it for a QoS set-up, but the hair was more suited for CR.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    MFisher wrote:

Does not look like DC to me - very well painted though
  • VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    lol...boys and their toys.

same could be said for men that dress up as movie characters I guess... :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Wow 1/6 scale DC figure... That's gonna be small.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:

same could be said for men that dress up as movie characters I guess... :))

lol. Yeah, it's craziness.
    Gives us something to do though I guess.... could be spending all of this money on worse.... at least we aren't collecting pokemon crap..