The Silencer & Black Garter

1308309310311312314»

Comments

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,785MI6 Agent

Is that all it does? Makes slurping noises and pisses coffee everywhere?!

Who wants what? I am back from a wee assignment North of my own. I was late, Parker had to stop to collect Lady P from Cheltenham first. Something about horse racing espionage...

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,458MI6 Agent

I'll have a dirty martini please TB2 I think may need it.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

Right then, (TB2 places a martini on the bar. it has one of those paper umbrellas, with chocolate sauce dripping off it onto the bar top) Such a messy drink!

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 37,376Chief of Staff

I'm off the booze, TB2, so just coffee for me. White with one sweetener.

One Captain Janeway caffine junkie coming up!

(An angry whistling tankard is placed on thr bar. It gently vibrates to itself, while periodically hopping on the same spot. The whistling peters out, there is a brief farting pop, the hopping stops. - Everyone present feels their ears pop. Holly wakes up, spies the tankard and her ears go flat.)

New formula! All the strength, but weaker side effects. I think. These days I am more on the tea or the Fentimans myself Barbel, a lot of us are. Cheers!

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 22,108MI6 Agent
    edited July 26

One Coke Zero, please.

(Sits down with a sigh)

The truth is i'm a bit sad today. I posted a new story in the Real stories from the world of espionage and special operations five days ago. It's a spy story from WWII titled "The blonde spy head", but only Barbel has commented and I'm not sure I got....... I mean the story got the attention it deserves. The same may be true for other stories in the thread. (weeps quietly into the Coke) The stories are really good, you know .....

(puts a wrinkled paper on the bar) I'm leaving the link to the story right here, just in case anyone's interested: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/51043/real-stories-from-the-world-of-espionage-and-special-operations#latest

Can I back up N24 here and ask others to take a look (or if you have, to please leave a comment)? There are some fascinating stories in that thread.

edited August 5

Fresh pint of Coke Zero No 24.

Don't cry! You'll dilute it.

(Carefully picks up the paper, notes the address then puts it on the notice board at the top.)

I'll happily ave a good nosey at this and your other stories 24. My interests in modern Sci Fi have been waining lately as the quality has dropped in so many legacy formats on the telly, and I have found I enjoy documentaries.

As a result, reading about some historical spycraft - written by a friend no less, sounds right up my street. 😊

I promise to provide feedback as soon as I do.

Thanks. I've stopped crying now, and the drink still tasted a bit of Coke. A new glass and avisit to the "Real stories ...." thread wou be nice.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,407MI6 Agent

I was going to look at that - at the time it looked a bit heavy going and intensive for me to dip into. It goes on my 'to do' list. That said, I did a mammoth review of the Beatles second album - a veritable thesis - and got naff all reply so there you go. It's like that sometimes.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

That's true. People have the audacity to have real lives sometimes. How inconsiderate of them! 😉

Hi. This has been a strange night, boat-wise. A couple of hours ago the Norwegian royal yacht sailed past my home. Now the newspapers say a viking ship is in danger of sinking outside Stadlandet (think Paul Attrides's home planet in Dune). I'm sure viking ships have sunk there before, but that's many centuries ago. A Coke Zero, please. Let's toast to the king and queen, and the viking ship and its crew!

I hope the ship doesn't sink, N24. Yes, a toast to your king and queen! 🤴🫅

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,803MI6 Agent

You chaps still have Viking ships over there, N24? I thought you'd knocked that on the head years ago! 😃

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited August 27

The viking ships were gone for centuries, but in recent decades a few has been built. But this one isn't Norwegian. it's from the Faroes. It has capsized and the coast Guard and rescue helicopters are on their way to the life raft. Stadlandet i sone of the roughest parts of the coast and a ship tunnel is planned to avoid more sinkings.

How the tunnel will look:

Out of a crew of six, all foreigners, five are rescued from the viking ship. In my opinion the sixth is dead unless he/she is wearing a flotation suit like the one below.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,803MI6 Agent

So we could still expect Vikings to sail up the Thames and launch an invasion of Britain at some point in the not too distant future? 😃

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

That's realistic, absolutely! To be more serious, the coast guard found the last crew member dead. It was a young woman and it's a tragedy. It wasn't a copy of a longship either. It was a copy of a boat with six oars and two small masts. it's copy of a historic boat type and it was probably in use during viking times, but it's not more historic than my grandad saw these in use.