Discovery: Bond's knife from skyfall

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I got a letter from the queen, she's got bigger balls than anyone. :o

Anyway, this Indian chap says he made the screen seem SF blade, I've had info 'from people on zee inside' that contradicts this claim.

The people who told me have very little to gain in telling me, in fact they have a lot in terms of reputation to loose, hence I'll not be blabbing who said what as I'm often told stuff by people who (I'd like to think) trust me with said info, and like I say to these people; "it stays with me", and that's exactly what happens.

I'll give you a further example, I made someone here a prop from spectre, someone I'd consider a close ally and friend. Another extremely respected guy asked if I could make him one. Instead of saying yes, I said I'd check with the other guy first as the project was his baby and at the time he wanted exclusivity and not huge numbers of this thing making. That's not me being an arse, that's respecting people's wishes. And the same goes when trading info. If people say not to pass it on, it doesn't get passed on.

I have absolutely zero interest in what this Indian guy claims, except of course when it comes to misleading people. If he misleads you guys or not makes no difference to me, but equally I don't like seeing that happen.

Believe me or not, it's your choice. But I have more to risk of looking an arse if I'm wrong than the square root of FA I'll gain if I'm right.

"Hire me or fire me, it's entirely up to you."
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,619MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Bullshit I'm afraid.

Care to elaborate why?

I am hearing that they do great butterknifes :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Thought this was about the knife Bond used to "extract" the bullet fragments from his chest.
    Has that already been covered?

(runs into thread trying not to get hit by incoming fire)

http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/nieto-knives/nieto-penknives-junior.asp?product=junior-nieto

(drops link and runs out)
    giphy.gif
    ty
    a reasonable rate of return
    minigeff wrote:
    I got a letter from the queen, she's got bigger balls than anyone. :o

LMAO

Wife is sleeping and was just asking why I am squeeking like a pig :)) :)) :))

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    I'll admit I'm getting a little confused here.

I thought the Nieto was what Bond used to remove the bullet fragments:

Bond-SF-Knife.jpg

But that's a different knife from Kincaid's, correct?

Bond-SF-Kincaid-Knife.jpg

And it could just be me and my old eyes, but the knife Bond used to kill Silva looks bigger than Kincaid's and it looks like it has a different butt/pommel (more sharply angled, longer and thinner)

Bond-SF-Raul-Knife.jpg

Please correct me if I'm wrong. And I do understand that, plot-wise, Bond and crew were only supposed to have 1 knife between them.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    All this talk of knives, yet nothing about forks ! :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    All this talk of knives, yet nothing about forks ! :#
    That trend ended some million years ago.
    :D :v
    Maybe someone can draw boobies on the knifes to make things clearer X-(

Higgins wrote:

Look, if that's the kind of thing you're into I won't judge ...

:D
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    fork off :p

Im sure ASP will be along to explain about Kincaid's knife the hero and the others that go with it.

But here is the torch bomb from CR that will give you an idea.

DSCF0818_zps2iba8jrx.jpg

one is the hero the other is a close up shot version, you get all different versions for all different reasons -{
    Higgins wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:

Bond-SF-Knife.jpg
    Bond_SF_Knife.jpg
    Ask and ye shall receive.
    Higgins wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:

Bond-SF-Knife.jpg
    Bond_SF_Knife.jpg
    Vesper's drawings were soooooo muck better :p
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:

Bond-SF-Knife.jpg
    Bond_SF_Knife.jpg
    Vesper's drawings were soooooo muck better :p
    She has made an indisputable masterpiece.
    I'm afraid I'm just trying to imitate her work.
    Granted, she had much more to work with :p :p
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,317MI6 Agent
    I just don't say why a business who already DOES huge work for Big TV and Movie franchise would make up such a lie unless he's telling the truth

Im afraid this does actually happen!!

A certain jacket maker claiming he made the "layer cake" jacket which turned out to be Dunhill (Whoops)

Also remember the Oliver People QoS Fiasco

Sure there are many more..
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    Productions buy a bunch of different props from different vendors to potentially use as the "hero." They pick the one they like and they use it. The other people who were told that their product was being bought by the Bond crew assumes that they are the only ones who were invited to the prom and insist that they went home with the homecoming king, even if they are a blond and there's a brunette in the photo.

It doesn't mean they are lying or have no reason to believe their product was used. It just means that they are wrong.
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Hey, what about me? ajb007/shifty

Well I was going to mention you, Higgy Babe, but then I would have left myself open to calls of 'Bullshit' :D :D :D

Anyway, snakeboy will be along shortly, no doubt. And I have to say he is what I regard to be the Bond blade authority. Thank to Pete & Jeff for the photos, it saves me getting mine out to get a picture of (must get around to cataloguing and photographing my collection. Still all I can say is that I think most of us old guard have an example of the said knife and were all supplied with the item on the proviso that the knifemaker would not be openly acknowledged on the forum. However the provenance is beyond reproach. So I'm happy that both (Knincaid's & the shrapnel knife) have been correctly identified and am pleased to have examples of both. As an aside to this, my experience of Indian bladesmiths in the past is cheap, shoddy and ultimately rusty.

Well I was going to mention you, Higgy Babe, but then I would have left myself open to calls of 'Bullshit' :D :D :D

Anyway, snakeboy will be along shortly, no doubt. And I have to say he is what I regard to be the Bond blade authority. Thank to Pete & Jeff for the photos, it saves me getting mine out to get a picture of (must get around to cataloguing and photographing my collection. Still all I can say is that I think most of us old guard have an example of the said knife and were all supplied with the item on the proviso that the knifemaker would not be openly acknowledged on the forum. However the provenance is beyond reproach. So I'm happy that both (Knincaid's & the shrapnel knife) have been correctly identified and am pleased to have examples of both. As an aside to this, my experience of Indian bladesmiths in the past is cheap, shoddy and ultimately rusty.

Sorry to bother, but I really do want to be clear about this. When you say you have the Kincaid knife, do you mean the one he puts on the table? Or the one that kills Silva? Or are they both the same production knives? Thanks!
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 383MI6 Agent
    Must be a small local knife maker if he doesn't want people to know he made it.
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    canoe2 wrote:

Sorry to bother, but I really do want to be clear about this. When you say you have the Kincaid knife, do you mean the one he puts on the table? Or the one that kills Silva? Or are they both the same production knives? Thanks!

The kincaide knife is the blade used to kill Silva.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Understood! Thanks for clarifying!
    And if the 'Premier' Indian Knifemaker had made it then it would be in their website list of productions supplied, Skyfall not listed at all, which opens another question, what did they supply fo QoS?

http://windlass.com/services/#motion-supplies
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    And if the 'Premier' Indian Knifemaker had made it then it would be in their website list of productions supplied, Skyfall not listed at all, which opens another question, what did they supply fo QoS?

I think thier website hasn't been updated in a long time.

There is a short video documentary link in the first post showing thier work in GOT which is also not listed in the site which proves the "outdated" site content theory.

I think we need to get a contact from them to clarify all of this.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent

There is a short video documentary link in the first post showing thier work in GOT which is also not listed in the site which proves the "outdated" site content theory.

It appears to me that things are already crystal clear. You were misled to by the Indian maker and we know that because there are people here who have examples of the real knife from a maker that will go unnamed. Although that's a little frustrating for those of us who don't know the make of the blade, I appreciate that people with knowledge are at least willing to speak up to prevent the rest of us from being duped.
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent

It appears to me that things are already crystal clear. You were misled to by the Indian maker and we know that because there are people here who have examples of the real knife from a maker that will go unnamed. Although that's a little frustrating for those of us who don't know the make of the blade, I appreciate that people with knowledge are at least willing to speak up to prevent the rest of us from being duped.

At this point nobody is %100 certain of the identity of that knife. So for all we know that it could be them or not.

Also labeling the manufacturers by thier nationally "that Indian" as a mean to belittle the likelihood of that knife being truly made by them is getting tiring. I could care less about the nationality of the makers.

All I care about is that this is a company that has track record of working on big tv and movie projects. Thier president, stated something. It's best to investigate what he said. Rather than just jumping in conclusions just because they belong to a certain nationality.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 383MI6 Agent

At this point nobody is %100 certain of the identity of that knife. So for all we know that it could be them or not.

Also labeling the manufacturers by thier nationally "that Indian" as a mean to belittle the likelihood of that knife being truly made by them is getting tiring. I could care less about the nationality of the makers.

All I care about is that this is a company that has track record of working on big tv and movie projects. Thier president, stated something. It's best to investigate what he said. Rather than just jumping in conclusions just because they belong to a certain nationality.
    Agreed. Insulting someone's heritage has no place in bond forums. I'm sure we have some Indian members here so whom said it should apologize.
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    I'm assuming your pussyfooting about is referring to me?

Want an apology? You'll be waiting a very very long time.

He's a guy. He's Indian. I don't know and can't be arsed to find out what his name is.

That Indian guy who claims his company made the SF blade. If you think that mentioning his nationality could belittle or mock him or the quality of his product, what does that make you?

I'm not being racist you tool it's describing someone. In fact looking back I've not even started on the quality of his product so pack it in going down that route in a very weak attempt to fight your argument. I dare say I've been described as 'that white tub of **** stood over there' which is totally factually correct. And I couldn't give a monkeys.

So you're going to contact this guy, for what, more lies or stretched truths? Or are you expecting him to admit in writing that he's talking out his arse?

Why would THAT INDIAN CHAP lie to you? To make money out of you.

Why would my WHITE ARSE lie to you? Hmmm....

Or maybe I'm in cahoots with THE INDIAN CHAP and it's all a double bluff to fool you? I am after all a complete bullshitting racist whose only involvement here is attempting to save people from being lied to and potentially conned thus earning me a huge amount of **** all and zero fucks given.

"The knife James Bond throws at the end in Skyfall that was ours".

I know for a fact that the screen used prop was not made by Windlass or any of their subsidiary companies. If I'm wrong then that means I've been lied to but the people I've spoken to and learnt from are trusted and respected people who have no reason to misinform me.

My knife, the one I own, a replica which has not been anywhere near a film set was NOT made by the same people who made the hero screen seen blade, it was made by a company not in India or the UK. It was a limited run offered to people trusted and known to people within the bond community. I guess you didn't get that memo? I dare say there's other people out there who would make a blade for you but expect quite large sums. I actually got a quote from two places to make a kincaide knife. One quoted around £90 and the other just over £300. Guess which one was better quality? I darent mention where they were based, you'd have the PC brigade at my door in minutes with pitchforks in hand.

But hey, you've found THE makers, so off you go and place your order. It makes no difference to me to see you get mislead, I just don't like seeing it happen.

I have said all I can and want to on this so it's over to you mr expert, you contact the guy in a far off place that can't be named for fear of being a racist and you lap up the reply you get, if you do indeed get one.

Place your order, spread the word and misinform others of your find, good luck to you all and enjoy your replica knives made by whoever you like but who obviously made the one seen on screen because they said so.

Now clamber upon your ethnic peace bicycle, take your race card and to quote the great Withnail; you can shove it up your arse for nothing and **** off while you're doing it.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Newbies, don't you just love them :D :s :v
    And I thought that the boobies couldn't be topped :)) :)) :))

Singe hasn't opened the Rant Box for no reason :)) :)) :))

Higgy Babe, Pete said 'Newbies' not 'Boobies' :))
    8-)