Who should play the next MI6 regulars?

123457»

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 22,233MI6 Agent
    edited September 29

John Cleese is older than Biden! I don't think JC is ready for four more years of waiting for Bond26?, let alone the full tenure of one or two Bond actors. Besides, we should move forwards and not back to the past . 😂

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,332MI6 Agent

Realistically, in today's world, we could have a male or female Moneypenny. Either could be seen working from home looking after their kids or helping Bond out unofficially whilst on paternity/maternity leave..

It is just about finding the right balance for today's society/culture, but also with a very healthy dose of make believe and fantasy. It's entertainment and at the end of the day and I personally don't want to have certain things rammed down my throat as part of a tick box exercise in social awareness.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 22,233MI6 Agent
    edited September 30

I agree that social awareness or political motivation shouldn't play a part in what the new Moneypenny should be, but at the same time both Bondian tradition and the world of today should be considered. Personally I think Moneypenny could be the next leader of the 00-section because it makes little sense that the leader of MI6 personally follows up a single agent much of the time and of course women's role in professional life has changed since the 1950's. To me at least, those are not political opinions. Others may see it differently.