Movie Posters

1234568»

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 27,570Chief of Staff

Wow - haven’t seen any of those 😱

YNWA 97
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 7,049MI6 Agent

Joan Crawford won an Oscar in 1945 for Mildred Pierce. Her latter years were spent in psychological thriller and horror movies, and an appearance in The Man From UNCLE. She was one of the biggest stars of the golden age of Hollywood. One of her famous quotes was “I never go outside unless I look like Joan Crawford the movie star. If you want to see the girl next door, go next door.”

Her final film was Trog, not quite as bad as some critics make out.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,554MI6 Agent

Yes, Trog is no.8 on the list of top 100 most enjoyable bad movies, as compiled by the Razzies

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 37,662Chief of Staff

Nice posters. I've only seen "The Karate Killers" (big surprise there) and "Torture Garden" so I must not be a Crawford fan.

I hadn’t realised Crawford went down the horror movie route 👀

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane is great.

YNWA 97

@Sir Miles said that Basil Rathbone was the screens best Sherlock Holmes a few weeks ago…here are some of the posters…Nigel Bruce deserves praise as Watson, as well. What is surprising is the lack of Holmes being mentioned in the latter posters…maybe the duo were so ingrained into the public’s awareness that it didn’t need highlighting?

edited October 6

I've got these in a box set, love them. On YouTube you can find colourised versions of some 🤮.

I don't know why the later posters do that; usually series characters are highlighted.

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,554MI6 Agent

Excellent posters and plenty of watchable movies too. The Scarlet Claw is a favourite.

I’ve seen all those…love them 👏🏻

I'm currently reading a novel by Robert J Harris called A Study In Crimson…it’s a Sherlock Holmes novel set in 1942 and the author says his version of Sherlock and Watson are very much Rathbone and Bruce…I can only ever hear the distinctive voice of Rathbone for Holmes now anyway 🤗

YNWA 97

Bert I. Gordon lived up to his initials (BIG) by producing and directing glorious pulp movies usually containing giant or miniaturised characters and creatures. The effects were mainly average down to woeful, but they all were entertainingly silly yarns. He didn’t call himself MR. BIG for nothing.

Class posters for terrible movies! Unless you like that sort of thing ....

I’ve always liked films about invisibility…

I loved Claude Rains in the first one 👏🏻

YNWA 97

Love them all!

Got this set recently with all the above movies, watched them all at least three times.

Great set of movies @Barbel hours of fabulous viewing 😁