UNIVEX Universal Exports Watch Company LLC

13»

Comments

• PandemicPandemic Posts: 126MI6 Agent

Thanks very much for the additional pics and info, Donald! I really can’t stop thinking about this watch and suspect the next time I have a few martinis, I’ll end up buying.

if I wanted to put an appropriate metal bracelet, is there a particular brand or model you’d recommend that would not only physically fit and is a good quality but also fit the ‘vibe’?

• Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,248Quartermasters

I like Fostner and Uncle Seiko bands for the TC6538L. The Fostner Model O for Seiko SKX divers is very smart. Likewise the Unckle Seiko Senator Bracelet (SKX007) is nice too although less expensive. Uncle Seiko has been in the game a lot longer, but Fostner made a big splash with their Komfit J Mesh straps, a reintroduction of the JB Champion strap worn most notably by 60’s NASA flight crew on their Speedmasters. Since then Fostner has introduced a whole host of new straps and watches making their strap and watch game very tight. Uncle Seiko has also introduced a whole host of additional straps since their beginnings and one of my favorites is their Tropic rubber strap. Tropic rubber straps were often sold with early Rolex Submariners, not necessarily the steel bracelet.

DG

So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.

Correction:

Komfit JB Mesh straps

DG

image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,861MI6 Agent

Nice choice of NH38 without the ghost date position. Can't go wrong with a Seiko movement, and another genuine Bond-approved brand of course!

Precisely why we chose the NH38, no ghost date position ,as you mentioned, when you pull out the crown to set and wind the watch. I never thought about the Seiko Bond connection while designing the TC6538L but you are of course right on the money. Sir Roger Moore wore several Seiko watches during his tenure, so definitely Bond-approved! Beyond that the watch also has a Bond name right from his literary roots - Transworl Consortium. What better cover? A company man wearing his company’s watch.

DG

image_zps6a725e59.jpg

First wear!

Pandemic,

I love your pictures of the TC6538L! Enjoy it in good health and be safe!

DG

image_zps6a725e59.jpg