Your Unfinished Projects?

Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,803MI6 Agent

This thread is about Unfinished Projects. Those projects which are on the back burner, in the bottom drawer, filed away in the back of your mind. They can be literary projects, non-fiction articles, film projects, musical compositions, prop projects or anything else creative that you have had planned and started work on but that has sadly still not come to fruition.

I myself have quite a few unfinished James Bond blog articles that were started and sometimes a lot of which were written but then for whatever reason they were stopped in their tracks. The oldest of these pieces was started in 2007 but there are also a lot from 2012 too which were started but never finished. They and more recent unfinished articles now languish on my PC hard drive. I dearly hope they will see the light of day some time but one never knows with these things. I am something of a perfectionist and that combined with bouts of writer's block has made the completion of unfinished articles that bit harder. I have, however, added written notes to the drafts and hope to get some of them published in time as I think they are worthy of getting out into the world.

So can you sympathise? Do you also have unfinished projects in whatever form? Do you think they'll ever see the light of day or are they, like Coleridge's interrupted poem "Kubla Khan", existing only in your mind and thus will never live up to what you wanted them to be?

I'd love to hear from you in this thread about your Unfinished Projects!

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,860MI6 Agent

I’ve had a pulp paperback style novel on the go for years. Unfortunately, to do one well takes a skill that I don’t possess. I’m going to give it another go at some point, though.

I had a half finished model kit of Titanic that I gave away to my nephew because I got bored with it.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,501MI6 Agent

Dozens...

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,803MI6 Agent

Sounds like me, especially if it's writing! 😀

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).