On Her Majesty Secret Service Ski Chase Re-creation

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, over 30 years ago my Dad finally went out to France to become a Ski Instructor, a long held dream of his since watching the James Bond movie, On Her Majesty Secret Service. Watching that movie as a child inspired him to begin skiing, a journey that would result in him meeting my Mum and the two of them having my sister and I. 30 years following from this my sister moved to Canada having become a Ski instructor herself and carried on this story, so for my mums 60th birthday we travelled out to come and see her and go skiing together as a family.

As this movie has had such a profound impact on our family and is something both my Dad and I enjoy very much we thought it would be fun to to try and recreating the ski chase from the movie.

We tried to match our "costumes" as accurately as possible with the Blue and Orange jackets and we hope you enjoy our effort. We even managed to use John Barry's score and gun shot sound affects taken from the films.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7hKPsTo6hg/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Comments

• 00Stirl00Stirl Posts: 62MI6 Agent

Awesome. My favourite bit of 00 music score.

Recommend you visit Piz Gloria when you need a top up.

My skiing is rubbish but if you ever need a lookalike villain for future vids, get in touch.

• JamesFergyJamesFergy Posts: 7MI6 Agent

Thanks! Oh wow the likeness is almost uncanny. We actually looked for the ski goggles for ages.

Yeah I definitely plan on visiting soon.

• Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 547MI6 Agent

Wonderful! I love how you wrote that OHMSS had an impact on your family.

Since I was 11 and saw OHMSS in the cinema on Christmas Eve of 1974 with my family (instead of going to our odious cousin's house for dry turkey and wet mashed potatoes, this film has been the soundtrack of my life. I hum a tune from it in every situation, I collect props, and the crowning achievement of my skills has been the restoration of the Aston Martin DBS.

I am happy for you and your family that you've embraced and loved OHMSS. I was already head over heels for Mrs Peel, as The Avengers played in reruns on our local TV stations.

Best to you,

Tom

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,300MI6 Agent

Great stuff @JamesFergy Fellow OHMSS lover here!

Many thanks for sharing the video. Glad you got to recreate that and enjoy a priceless experience with your Dad!

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • whaleman98whaleman98 Posts: 19MI6 Agent

Great job, I love the idea! - I'm glad to see that nobody ended up going off a mountain or into a snow machine as part of this video!