George Lazenby's DAF

MarkerMarker Posts: 135MI6 Agent

I'd have liked to have seen the following script on the screen, it's such a shame it never came to fruition. DAF has long been one of my least favourites of the franchise but I'm sure this version would have matched the brilliance of OHMSS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMt77awe0xg

Author of 'An Ungentlemanly Act' and 'Execution of Duty'. The WW2 espionage series starring Harry Flynn.

Comments

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,501MI6 Agent

Very interesting. Some of that stuff I knew, but a lot of that initial Maibaum script with a revenge driven Bond was completely new to me. While the plot seemed overly confusing, the basic premise is really sound. The idea of a SPECTRE civil war is good. It is something Maibaum recycled in his proposals for TSWLM. The PTS as described would be very lomg, which wasn't the case in those days, but it would allow the avenging James Bond a moment of immediate catharsis - after all, it was Bunt who shot Tracy not Blofeld. Also of interest was the way some of the ideas from those two rejected treatments were carefully stored away and reused for late Bond epics.

Thanks for posting.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,852MI6 Agent
    edited June 4

I like the stuff with other 00 agents being sent after a rogue Bond: that would have been quite dramatic then.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 27,342Chief of Staff

Thanks for the link….there is some great stuff in there, and I’d have loved to see Lazenby and Hunt return for that revenge driven sequel…if only 🤷🏻‍♂️

YNWA 97
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,300MI6 Agent

Would have been great. A dark and brooding Lazenby, in a classic Fleming's Bond vein. Perhaps the general audience wouldn't have appreciated it, but many a true Bond fan certainly would have.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,862MI6 Agent

Exactly my wish, too. If only we could see into an alternate universe 😁

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,899Chief of Staff

Fun stuff. I like the idea that Blofeld didn't have ONE cat, but several--all trained to kill.

Vox clamantis in deserto