Has Anyone Here Ever Visited Goldeneye?

MarkerMarker Posts: 138MI6 Agent

If so, would you like to share your experience with the rest of us?

Me? I sailed past once a long time ago. I did take a few (mostly blurry) photos. It was in the days long before digital photography. I think I may still have them somewhere. If I manage to find them I'll post.

Author of 'An Ungentlemanly Act' and 'Execution of Duty'. The WW2 espionage series starring Harry Flynn.

Comments

• RevelatorRevelator Posts: 604MI6 Agent

I've never been, but the fellow who runs the excellent site "Fleming's Bond" went on vacation there and wrote a trip report.

• MarkerMarker Posts: 138MI6 Agent

Thanks.

Author of 'An Ungentlemanly Act' and 'Execution of Duty'. The WW2 espionage series starring Harry Flynn.

• James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 464MI6 Agent

Yes, we went last June and had the vacation of a lifetime. Hoping to go back again this year.

@James Boldman I'm envious! I'm not sure but I believe it was a private residence the last time I went to Jamaica, had it been open tot the public I would have paid homage. As I mentioned in the OP I only got as close as passing a few hundred yards out to sea with my own 'Quarrel' in a little boat. If I visit again a visit/tour will definitely be at the top of my to do list.

Go on, make me really envious by saying you got to sit in Fleming's chair at Fleming's desk!

• James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 464MI6 Agent

As a matter of fact...

Green with envy!