Licensed Troubleshooter - The Guns of James Bond

Hello all! I started a thread a few months back in the General chat regarding this project that I have been working on over the last few years, and yesterday, we were thrilled to officially launch to cover and landing page for this volume!

This is my first book, and has been the product of a lifetime of passion for Bond, in addition to nearly a decade of experience in the firearms industry. This intersection is one I have a deep passion for, and something I have primarily pursued via Instagram (Commando Bond) and my website (www.commandobond.com) over the last four years.

Below, I've dropped the book description, and landing page link! If the project interests you, please consider signing up for the newsletter on the page so that we may keep you informed as we continue forward!

Best,

Caleb

Comments

• CommandoBondCommandoBond Posts: 20MI6 Agent

Licensed Troubleshooter: The Guns of James Bond is a celebration of the most fascinating small arms wielded by one of the world’s most acclaimed action heroes, 007. This in-depth analysis spans the entire collection of Bond films and the novels that inspired them, including those authored by Ian Fleming and also those of the continuation authors. This visual history thoroughly examines the design and implementation of Bond’s tools, and of course, their impact on 007.

Beyond simply paying tribute to the fictional hero of James Bond, Licensed Troubleshooter shines a spotlight on the real-world operators employing the same firearms, featuring interviews with current and former military and intelligence personnel from agencies in the United Kingdom and the United States, including the CIA, MACV-SOG, U.S. Navy SEALs, DSS, and more. These interviews, combined with substantive historical research, provide the reader with a deeper understanding of the often incredible history of these firearms, including their use in combat and clandestine services. Be prepared to see Bond’s guns in a way you’ve never seen them before.

Notable firearms featured in this book include:

• Walther PPK iconic compact pistol
    • Analysis of Ian Fleming’s “skeleton gripped .25 Beretta”
    • An exploration and identification of Ian Fleming’s “long-barrelled .45 Colt Army Special”
    • ASP 9 mm pistol
    • Walther WA2000 precision rifle
    • Scaramanga’s famous “Golden Gun”
    • Heckler & Koch P7 with squeeze cocker and piston-delayed operation
    • Walther P99 polymer-framed pistol
    • SVD Dragunov, sniper rifle of the Iron Curtain
    • MBA Gyrojet firing rocket-propelled projectiles

Licensed Troubleshooter also offers a number of vignettes detailing other non-incendiary items fundamental to the character of Bond, such as:

• Timepieces
    • Tailoring
    • Cocktails

Though this book provides significant written analysis and commentary, it is also presented in part as a pictorial study in order to best highlight the varied and unique details of the noteworthy firearms used by Bond. The masterful photography of James Rupley jumps off the page, often exhibiting these small arms at larger-than-life scale. Intended for both the firearms collector and Bond aficionado, Licensed Troubleshooter serves as the first book to celebrate the small arms of the literary and cinematic Bond in this comprehensive manner.

This publication is not affiliated with Ian Fleming Publications, Ltd., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (“MGM”), Danjaq, LLC (“Danjaq”), the United Artists Corporation, or any other stakeholder in the intellectual property associated with James Bond. Headstamp Publishing LLC and the author of this book make no claim of ownership of any intellectual property owned by these stakeholders, and use of any such intellectual property in this book is merely for descriptive purposes. We are fans of all elements of the James Bond universe, and as such we encourage our readers to visit the various entities listed above directly and support them as they release Bond products.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 22,108MI6 Agent

Very interesting. Keep up the good work!

• PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,245MI6 Agent

Really excited for this book, signed up for updates from Headstamp Publishing just the other day. Defiantly going to add this to my collection once it becomes available to buy.

• CommandoBondCommandoBond Posts: 20MI6 Agent

Hello all!

The launch of LICENSED TROUBLESHOOTER is coming soon, and is available as a teaser on Kickstarter here - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/headstamp/licensed-troubleshooter

If you’re interested in the project be sure to sign up for notifications, cheers!

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,852MI6 Agent

Nice design.