never say never again watch

Hi. Was wondering if the watch bond wore in NSNA was ever identified? did a bit of looking online and the closest thing i could find to match was a Heuer audi sport. see below. Its not pvd so it could be production painted it black ? also the strap I believe is a JB championship strap also probably painted black see below? curious if anyone has any info on this watch?

Comments

• UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,139MI6 Agent
    edited July 12

I don’t think this watch has ever been positively identified.

Some Forums identified it as an ORIS and some speculated it was a Porsche Design.

It’s not your Heuer though. The bezel on that reaches the case edge and the corners are rounded. Not so on the black watch. Plus, it’s not a Chronograph. Good find on the strap though.

More discussions here…

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/34289/never-say-never-again-watch

Or… It might be a Chronograph…

Porsche Design Chronograph from the 80s

• clark92clark92 Posts: 3MI6 Agent

thanks yes i think you are right about the case. how do we know its not a chrono? was looking at the discussion you mentioned someone said the case was identified and uploaded an image. seems to be expired though. its shame no one has been able to identify the watch.

• clark92clark92 Posts: 3MI6 Agent

The porsche design chrono cases looked bang on but i could never find one with the right dial.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,852MI6 Agent

From the pics Donald Grant posted in that other thread it looks like it has a seconds complication at 6 and a date window at 3 with white date wheel, doesn't look to be a chrono though although I might be wrong. Might well be one of those Prestige Watch Internationals by Orfina as it has a similar deep chapter ring (does it have numbers?) but I don't know how easy it is to track down old models.

Your first picture is the best reference that we have. To my eyes, it has a small seconds indicator at the bottom and a logo at the 12 O’Clock. The hour markers may have small Arabic markers too. I can’t see any space for further sub-dials or any pushers.

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent

@clark92 Good call on the bracelet links. Looks like a match to me.

I, too, read on a forum that the logo looked like it said ORIS, and I totally agree. If I was gonna replicate this watch I would make the dial say ORIS.

There are no extra buttons either side of the crown.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • PandemicPandemic Posts: 123MI6 Agent

Film-correct or not, that Audi Sport is very attractive.