Lazenby retires

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 22,215MI6 Agent

"This hasn’t been an easy decision but it’s time to announce my retirement from work. Therefore, I won’t be doing any more acting or making public appearances, doing any more interviews or signing any more autographs as of today," Lazenby wrote in a statement.

Lazenby's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/C90ujXuNP7f/?hl=en

https://people.com/james-bond-star-george-lazenby-retires-8683422

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 37,636Chief of Staff

And quite right, too. I trust he will have a long and happy retirement.

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 7,030MI6 Agent

Enjoy your well earned retirement, George.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 27,550Chief of Staff

I’m not really sure exactly what he’s retiring from 👀 unless it’s just the autograph circuit…?

Hopefully this will make him less grumpy 😏😳🤣

YNWA 97
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,111MI6 Agent

Other than OHMSS, the only other thing that I watched George act in, was when he was Jim Jefferies dad in Legit.

He mentions that he won't be making any more public appearances. I guess this means you won't see him in conventions anymore.

He had that fall a while ago. I guess this made him take stock of his life and he decided he wanted to step away from it all.

Best of luck to George on his retirement.

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 22,215MI6 Agent

George Lazenby played James in one of the best Bond movies ever and did lots of interviews and other Bond-related appearances for years. I thank him for this and wish him happy retirement!

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 22,215MI6 Agent

Lazenby's two last movies are still in produktion, so he was an active actor until very recently.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,447MI6 Agent

He's been active on Twitter/X, interacting with fans - so I think this is in the category of Ringo Starr wishing 'peace and love' to fans but saying he's not going to be signing autographs them any more, which is fair enough. I suppose there was that Becoming James Bond documentary a few years ago?

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,886MI6 Agent

'Peace and love' was exactly my reaction too! 😁