Who looked worse?

Its always brought up how old Roger Moore looked his last couple of Bond films, especially in A View to a Kill. I was watching Diamonds are Forever the other night and I realized that Connery in that movie might the worst a Bond actor has looked in any film. Say what you will about Rog's age and face in AVTAK, he was still in shape. In DAF Connery is blubbery, hairy, jowly, tired, and old. He aged 15 years between YOLT and DAF. We all know he mailed it in by that point, but man, does he look rough.

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,886MI6 Agent

Funny thing was he was younger than Roger. That always kind of amazes me.

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,903Chief of Staff

He was only 40 when he made the movie, and it was a HARD 40. He actually looked better at 53 in NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN. Guess he was living it up too much.

Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 22,233MI6 Agent

I agree, Moore looked old, but Connery looked old and out of shape. To expand on it I think Connery probably is the best and worst James Bond, Look at Sean Connery in GF versus DAF.

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,606MI6 Agent

I think Moore looked worse in AVTAK. The facelift did more harm than good.

The four-year gap between QOS and SF saw Craig age a similar amount to Connery during his four-year gap. Though Craig was still in great shape unlike Connery, his face aged quite a lot and the short haircut and poor suit fits did him no favours.

Visit my blog, Bond Suits

I can't really see that. Especially as I'd say Craig looked his best as Bond in Spectre.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,332MI6 Agent
    edited August 30

For me Moore looked better in AVTAK than Connery did in DAF. At least Roger made the effort, got into shape, okay the facelift and worse still the eye surgery backfired, but Connery just looked overweight and unhealthy. I think make-up, hair and wardrobe can also take some of the blame. The attention to detail in his appearance just wasn't there.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

One thing I never get is that when they put toupees on men, they always seem to miss that the sides of the hair either side of the temples recede too, so you end up with these guys having these unnatural hairlines where the top is really low but the sides are really far back- it's always the easiest way to spot a rug. Sean has this a lot: he has a sort of widescreen forehead 😁

If you look at someone like Pierce, whose hair was never going anywhere, you can see the sides of his hair are almost meeting his eyebrows!

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,754MI6 Agent

Connery looked significantly better in a Bridge Too Far in 1977 and Cuba in 1978 than DAF in 1971. He looked lean, fit, brows cropped, and much better toupees. I always thought the Connery of those two later films would have made a great "older" Bond.