The Banned Laser Disc Commentaries

IcePakIcePak Perth, Western AustraliaPosts: 177MI6 Agent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRY9rd_FQYc

This Youtube video claims to have commentaries from the Laser Disc versions of Dr No, From Russia with Love, and Goldfinger that Cubby banned because they shine a light on some questions comments and illicit activities of some of the filmmakers during the filming of these three films.

What are you thoughts?

1. CR 2. OHMSS 3. GE 4. TLD 5. OP 6. FRwL 7. FYEO
8. TSWLM 9. TND 10. LtK 11. SF 12. TMwtGG 13. AVtaK 14. NTtD
15. GF 16. MR 17. LaLD 18. YOLT 19. DN 20. SP 21. TWiNE
22. TB 23. DAD 24. QoS 25. DaF

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,509MI6 Agent

I’ve heard these before. They’re hilarious in their blatant rawness. No wonder Cubby banned them, it’s like they never expected anyone to hear them. Sean’s ‘frog face’ is something I’d heard about before from Young, but to see it in context 🤣

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • John from CorkJohn from Cork Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    edited October 10

No wonder they thought no-one would ever hear them as Laserdisc was always such an obscure product. Those 3 gentlemen,Terence Young, Peter Hunt and Richard Maibaum would all be turning in their graves if they knew the state of Bond today

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,446MI6 Agent

I watched these... not as salacious or scandalous as they're touted in the intro, but references to Bond's prowess at 'screwing' was hardly family fare, maybe Cubby might have approved of comments about Connery's weight gain even in FrWL when he meets Tanya for the first time 'we had to ask him to hold his stomach in... he liked his food' and also Lotte Lenya's sexual appetite 'she was still screwing at 80' though they had her down as 70 in this and she really wasn't in FRWL surely, maybe even just 50 I will check.

Entertaining stuff - sort of men's club locker room banter - but proclaiming Connery to be better than subsequent Bonds probably did it for them, given none of them were currently directing the Bond films.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 37,617Chief of Staff

She was in her 60s during FRWL (since she was in her early 30s when "The Threepenny Opera" opened in 1928).