James Bond's medals

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 22,215MI6 Agent
edited October 17 in The James Bond Films

This video's is about BrosnanBond's medals, but Connery's Bond also wore a parade uniform. Discussions about those medals would be interesting too. I feel the video ignores that Bond is wearing an SBS uniform and was more likely to serve in special operations.

A couple of medal seems ill-advised to me. The Rhodesia medal. Really ? The Northern Ireland medal may not be completely uncontroversial either. No offence to those who did serve in that conflict, but wouldn't it be a better choice to have Bond wear medals from the Falklands war and the 1st Gulf war? Not to mention the two Cod Wars against Iceland? 😁

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,516MI6 Agent

That’s not an SBS uniform. Standard RN officer. NI would no doubt of have been in Brosnans Bonds line up as that’s how most DI RN staff cut their teeth at that time if they wanted to progress in that area. Brosnans Bond wasn’t connected at all with the SBS. That was some stretch of the imagination that was only introduced in DC’s Bond resume. Before that Bond was purely RN and RNR/DI. Certainly not special forces. As an officer, Bonds connection with the SBS is a bit OTT and completely unnecessary and dumbs down his rank somewhat.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 22,215MI6 Agent

I understand. I think i read somewhere years ago that it was an SBS uniform. Also, a comment to the video claims the uniform has SAS wings on his right shoulder. Anyway, it turnes out Marker started a thread on the same topic as this one featuring the same video here: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/56757/james-bonds-medals-pierce-brosnan#latest

I think we can continue the discussion there because Marker was a few hours before me. 🙂

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,516MI6 Agent

They’re not SAS wings. Fleet Air Arm, meaning he qualified as a pilot, which is also a stretch from the original source. You can’t get more RN than that uniform. It’s the standard RN uniform of all RN uniforms. SBS is nothing at all like than and is more akin to the RM/Army.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
This discussion has been closed.