Hot Wheels 1/64 NTTD Aston Martin V8

I edit, therefore I am.

Comments

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,197MI6 Agent

A more accurate colour than Johnny Lightning's almost black NTTD (which otherwise looked great), and more accurate rims than the 5-spoke TLD. I have those, and might get this one too.

No complaints here when I say this, but I do find it peculiar that this and the glider should be released so late in the day. We are not officially out of the NTTD/Craig era just yet.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 492MI6 Agent
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,348MI6 Agent

That QoS DBS has been on the site since January, when I bought it. Telling that a legitimately compelling release is lost in the shuffle. The 007 Store is like the Netflix of Bond merch...

And no word of it or the Q glider release dates in the forum anywhere. Kinda disappointing.

I edit, therefore I am.
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,197MI6 Agent

I wasn't aware of the battle damage DBS either, and I see now there's also Goldfinger's Rolls on pre-order.

Having bought all the Eaglemoss 1:43s featured in LALD last year, what I really want to see is Strutter's blue Impala, brown Fleetwood pimpmobile parked out the front of Fillet of Soul, and of course, the oyster chicken coop truck! Any scale will do.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,886MI6 Agent

I love the idea of the chicken coop truck! 😁

Does anyone do JW's cop car?

I have the Johnny Lightning 1:64 of Pepper's patrol car but it's not the Impala, rather a Dodge Monaco repaint. Close enough for now; colour/decals look good. There's a version with white walls which is more accurate.

edited August 6

Must admit I couldn't resist getting one of these Hot Wheels after seeing this thread, and I absolutely love it. I think despite its size it's possibly the best model of the V8 we've had so far in terms that it actually looks like the car! Pretty much all of the others I've seen get the shape wrong, plus this has wheels which actually fill the arches.

Strictly speaking, this is a TLD model rather than a NTTD as it's packaged as, but I don't mind!

• PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,252MI6 Agent

Just ordered one of these from Ebay for my collection, thank you @Cajun for the heads up about this.

edited August 9

Happy to contribute! πŸ‘οΈ

@emtiem Curious - what makes it TLD vs. NTTD?

I edit, therefore I am.
    edited August 9

It has a sunroof! The NTTD car didn't feature that but the TLD car did 😁

Great catch. I learn something new every day. πŸŽ“οΈ

I edit, therefore I am.

Ditto @Cajun cheers mate, just bought this one as well. I like that the rims are simply grey plastic rather than trying to paint them alloy.

Any time, ο»ΏπŸ‘οΈ

ο»ΏI wish there was a 1/36 version as interesting. I can't get over Corgi refusing to add side mirrors or improving the wheels after all this time.

I edit, therefore I am.

Yeah, pity about the Corgi Vantage. Even the front end looked off, not curved enough and headlights needed recessing. It's like it was too challenging to model - I feel a bit sorry for whoever attempted it.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,332MI6 Agent

When are they going to finally make a 1:18 version... It's the one car I need to complete my collection.😫

"Any of the opposition around..?"

There's the Mini GT 1/64 version coming soon, although I hope they'll change the mistakes on this prototype with the erroneous Vantage bodykit

Yep and wrong wheels too.

Yeah I wasn't 100% sure if they are or not, but I think you're right.

edited August 14

They've basically produced this;

When they should have produced this;

Yeah, I do like those wheels and they're not too far off, but too low profile.

Considering they're one of the only model manufacturers to put the correct side repeaters on BMT 216A, I hope they correct it.

• PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,252MI6 Agent

Got a second one of these coming my way. I am planning on making it into a Christmas tree ornament along with an extra Johnny Lightning Aston Martin DB5 that I have.