Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 37,457Chief of Staff
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 27,402Chief of Staff

It really is…it’s just 80% trees, 10% people and 5% each of Starbucks and cannabis stores 🙄🤣

YNWA 97
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 22,156MI6 Agent

From the Lofoten islands in northern Norway. 🤣

The Turkish parliament isn't as boring as the House of Commons or the Norwegian Storting!

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,916MI6 Agent

It’s festival time here in the Philippines, nothing unusual in that as there are many during the year. This time it’s Pasigarbo sa Sugbo 2024, which, as always, is pretty impressive.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Looks wonderful!

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 27,402Chief of Staff

The costumes are amazing 😃

YNWA 97

Impressive! Do we see some of the Santas that air-dropped over Lapland in in an earlier Christmas special in the second picture? 😁

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,916MI6 Agent

Well, as far as I remember, Santa was on a Philippines beach in the PTS 😁

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    edited September 4

He was last year. But I seem to remember a lot of Santas were air-dropped on Santa's home in Lapland the year before. Anyway, nice parade!

😀😀😀

Except the last one 🫨🫨🫨

I understand. I'll refrain from criticizing golden showers in the future. To each his own. 😁

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,825MI6 Agent
    edited August 30

I have a tuxedo cat myself called Millie. Best cat I've ever had. Had her nearly 007 years.

She has a licence to kill rats, mice, shrews, birds and (nearly) a lizard.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited September 3

I'd love to see an animated parody/tribute movie where a cat is a spy in the James Bond style. They are elegant killers.

Translation: "Churchyard - 52 vacant places"

The sign is from Sweden, in case that wasn't obvious to you.

• MarkerMarker Posts: 135MI6 Agent

The comments/memes on here make me wish there was a 'like' button!

Author of 'An Ungentlemanly Act' and 'Execution of Duty'. The WW2 espionage series starring Harry Flynn.

edited September 3

Thanks. We do what we can.

Here's a photo of arch duke Franz Ferdinand of Austria- Hungary on a vist to Cairo in 1894. Franz is perhaps best known for going on a visit to Sarajevo with his wife in 1914 that had some unfortunate consequences.

Author of 'An Ungentlemanly Act' and 'Execution of Duty'. The WW2 espionage series starring Harry Flynn.

Would his mother have such an amazing mustashe?

President Maduro in Venezuela has moved Christmas to October 1st! I can't imagine why, since everything is going perfectly in his country. What we do know is that Maduro is a better dicta ...... leader than the sherriff of Nottingham who canceled Christmas. 😁

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 4,044MI6 Agent

what was his logic for that? did he finally discover Jesus's longlost birth certificate?

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,825MI6 Agent

It's not every day that you receive a package from James Bond himself:

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Venezuela is a failed state with economic chaos, lots of people leaving the country and Maduro claims he won the recent election even though he obviously lost. He'll clear do ANYTHING for a quick popularity boost. 🤣

About a week before this nice plane trip the pilot hitch-hiked with me. By that time I knew my co-workers and I were going flying with him the next weekend. Until last week the warning light for not enough engine oil was on all the time in my car for no reason. The pilot pointed at the light and commented: "I see you too have problems with the engineering oil warning?". I asked if his car had this problem for long. He replied: "Not my car - it's my plane. I just put a tape on the light so I can't see it!". 🤣

Being his mummy, it's quite likely she had someone grow it for her?!

It was a strange family, but was it that strange?

I'm sure that the band Franz Ferdinand are chuffed that he was named after them. 😉

You know your history, sir!

Well, I have a first class degree in History. Not that I did much with it sadly but the historian in me dies hard. 🙂