Comments

• thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,894MI6 Agent

Not sure if they are still available but I suggest you contact one of our very own members here DONALDGRANT (Donald Grant — ajb007).

In the past he has offered faithful replicas of that shoulder holster (See below) ---Ed

• XandoXando Posts: 61MI6 Agent

That looks very nice, Thank you for the hint!

• Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,251Quartermasters

Ed,

Thanks for the mention. The first set of pictures shows a holster that was made for me by a professional holster maker. It was inaccurate to what Connery wore, so I used the pattern to make an accurate version of the holster. Over the years many members of the community have obtained a holster from me.

I used to make the DN/FRWL, GF, Tball, OHMSS, DAF/LALD versions of the holster. Now I am primarily focused on my watch company univexwatchco.com. Nevertheless I do occasionally get a request for one my holsters and I try to fulfill the request if I can.

Be advised, these holsters are props and should not be used for real carry. Like the originals that they replicate, the holsters offer no retention. Not something you want if you are really doing it and get into sh*t. Beyond that, hip carry is the most tactically sound way to carry a real handgun.

DG

So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.

The East A looks a bit more shiny and glossy like DN and FRWL, the Univex One looks more suede like Goldfinger.

It may appear thus, however the novels say “chamois” holster. Also, Fleming got it wrong. The Berns-Martin Triple Draw holster is for revolvers not automatics. The Connery Bond holsters were all custom made and is not the Berns-Martin or a copy of it.

DG

image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
    edited September 19

I wonder if the flashy blue textile was checked with Cubby Broccoli. He was known for this, I presume.

This style was very typical of Bond well until Moore Era.

What is talking against the or any shoulder holster- After some inspection in the mirror I feel like I need to work out more to really live up to such a clothing.

Maybe I think else in some months!

@Donald Grant Is your Style exactly Goldfinger? Or could I also do Octopussy with a white Tux? Would his Gun the P5 fit as well or ist is tightened to the slimmer PPK? Could it hold a Beretta 418?

Edit: Octopussy was leather- sorry to bother you, Donald.

https://bondcollectibles.de/catalogue/products.php?product=2872

It´s just that I imagine all the role-playing with the holster! Have a great 007 Day.

The Goldfinger style holster is not available at this time primarily because I have not been able to find any more of the correct style of elastic for the strap.

DG

image_zps6a725e59.jpg