1

Topic: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

C&J is making a limited edition for NTTD ????

https://www.crockettandjones.com/

2

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

C&J have great quality at a price point. But I hate to think what a limited edition pair with 007-logo tax might end up costing.

3

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

I went in to the C&J’s factory shop in Northampton this afternoon (In which I managed to pick up a pair of Highbury’s for £200).

Whilst I was there I got talking to the lady at the till about Bond and which shoes would feature in NTTD. All she could tell me was that the ones in the movie are a bit like the Alex. Not sure how much truth there is in this at this point, but quite exciting to learn that there could be a brand new pair of shoes made for the movie.

4

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

BlueBlud wrote:

I went in to the C&J’s factory shop in Northampton this afternoon (In which I managed to pick up a pair of Highbury’s for £200).

Whilst I was there I got talking to the lady at the till about Bond and which shoes would feature in NTTD. All she could tell me was that the ones in the movie are a bit like the Alex. Not sure how much truth there is in this at this point, but quite exciting to learn that there could be a brand new pair of shoes made for the movie.

Great find Blue! Wish I had some of those outlets where I live.

So if the ones in the movie are like the Alex, they must be the ones worn with the tux? I can’t see something similar to the Alex being worn with anything else.

5

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

The "Alex" model could be worn with the Tom Ford suits.....PoW or others, no ? Even if they are more formal than the "Highbury"...

6

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

Fred007 wrote:

The "Alex" model could be worn with the Tom Ford suits.....PoW or others, no ? Even if they are more formal than the "Highbury"...

Yes, the Alex could easily be worn with any of the Tom Ford suits. They are a step above the Highbury in formality, but they’re not too formal for any of the Tom Ford suits made for this film. They’re traditionally paired with suits, not dinner suits, though they work well with a dinner suit too.

7

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

Well that shows my knowledge of shoes then ajb007/lol

8

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

JTM wrote:

Well that shows my knowledge of shoes then ajb007/lol

I'm with you then  ajb007/lol  ajb007/martini

9

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

JTM wrote:

Well that shows my knowledge of shoes then ajb007/lol

Me too - one of the reasons I never bought the Alex! ajb007/lol

Instagram - bondclothes007

10

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

Alex are great.  Really versatile.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

11

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

Hi just heard from Crockett & Jones. There’ll be 3 pairs in NTTD
The Alex will be limited edition. hand Grade specifications, high shine toe and heel. Special box and shoe trees. Price £800 ( £666.67 ex VAT) delivery to Australia £50.
The  second pair the Highbury we knew about.
Finally a pair of Molton  out suede like the Chiltern dark brown.
The Alex has leather soles so expect will just get Highbury as has city rubber. I’ve got 3 pairs of C&J and like the danite sole.
I find leather wears plus is slippery.
Mortons sound great but just got the Churchs Ryder 3 and they look very similar so may not be able to justify them. Perhaps should have waited.

Anthony

12

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

Very interesting...and very expensive  ajb007/insane  Will the Molton’s be limited edition as well?

13

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

JTM wrote:

Very interesting...and very expensive  ajb007/insane  Will the Molton’s be limited edition as well?

He didn’t say so I think just the Alex. The Molton not out yet and they don’t know price yet.
Yeah the price pretty steep. So will just stick with the Highbury.
Plus I’m also hopping Barbour release the jacket.

Anthony

14

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

Did they give any clue about which one goes with? Just a thought but given we know he wears the Highbury with the 2 pow suits and the tux, he could be wearing the Alex with the grey mélange suit and the Molton with the RGT supply jacket. Cause in the other scenes he wears the Crosby (Matera), Sperry (Jamaica and Cuba), boots (Norway forest scene) and tactical boots (commando outfit)

15

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

Mattia De Varti wrote:

Did they give any clue about which one goes with? Just a thought but given we know he wears the Highbury with the 2 pow suits and the tux, he could be wearing the Alex with the grey mélange suit and the Molton with the RGT supply jacket. Cause in the other scenes he wears the Crosby (Matera), Sperry (Jamaica and Cuba), boots (Norway forest scene) and tactical boots (commando outfit)

He didn’t say as to scenes but by a process of elimination I assumed the Moltons would be with the RGT jacket too

Anthony

16

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

Another pair of brown suede boots?  ajb007/shifty

At least Craig’s Bond is consistent (maybe to a fault).

17

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

Pictures?

18

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

007Downunder wrote:

Hi just heard from Crockett & Jones. There’ll be 3 pairs in NTTD
The Alex will be limited edition. hand Grade specifications, high shine toe and heel. Special box and shoe trees. Price £800 ( £666.67 ex VAT) delivery to Australia £50.
The  second pair the Highbury we knew about.
Finally a pair of Molton  out suede like the Chiltern dark brown.
The Alex has leather soles so expect will just get Highbury as has city rubber. I’ve got 3 pairs of C&J and like the danite sole.
I find leather wears plus is slippery.
Mortons sound great but just got the Churchs Ryder 3 and they look very similar so may not be able to justify them. Perhaps should have waited.

Thanks for confirming this. Did they say when the new Alex would be released?

19

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

othertravel wrote:
007Downunder wrote:

Hi just heard from Crockett & Jones. There’ll be 3 pairs in NTTD
The Alex will be limited edition. hand Grade specifications, high shine toe and heel. Special box and shoe trees. Price £800 ( £666.67 ex VAT) delivery to Australia £50.
The  second pair the Highbury we knew about.
Finally a pair of Molton  out suede like the Chiltern dark brown.
The Alex has leather soles so expect will just get Highbury as has city rubber. I’ve got 3 pairs of C&J and like the danite sole.
I find leather wears plus is slippery.
Mortons sound great but just got the Churchs Ryder 3 and they look very similar so may not be able to justify them. Perhaps should have waited.

Thanks for confirming this. Did they say when the new Alex would be released?

He didn’t say. I was on the  list for notification but I contacted Canary Wharf branch who I’d dealt with before

Anthony

20

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

Cheverian wrote:

Another pair of brown suede boots?  ajb007/shifty

At least Craig’s Bond is consistent (maybe to a fault).

These will be in rough out suede with dainite sole, exactly like DCs personal pair a couple of tears ago

21

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

XE-S wrote:
Cheverian wrote:

Another pair of brown suede boots?  ajb007/shifty

At least Craig’s Bond is consistent (maybe to a fault).

These will be in rough out suede with dainite sole, exactly like DCs personal pair a couple of tears ago

I'm just laughing because I personally own and wear:

Loake Trappers (CR) — which are also rough out suede and semiwaterproof at least
Church's Ryders (QoS) —dainite soles
J.Crew substitute for the Zara Youth boots (SF)
J.Crew Kentons (SP)
Drakes Moc-Toe Boots (NTTD)

So, sure, they'll be different but different enough for me to drop C&J money? We shall see.

22

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

I wonder if the moltons will be worn with the Rogue Territory outfit. Its the only "full" outfit we haven't really seen at this point.

23

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

We also haven’t seen the linen shirt outfit, I’m curious about that one because a natural linen colored shirt is hard to picture with any of the other pieces like trousers and boots we’ve seen.

24

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

Lifetime omega mag states Coniston and molton in nttd

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

25

Re: Crockett & Jones for NTTD

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Lifetime omega mag states Coniston and molton in nttd

The rough-out suede Conistons are an amazing pair of boots! Really hope that Lifetime info is true and the boots are worn by Bond on screen.