1

Topic: The Most Famous Car in the World by Dave Worrall - printing error

Hi.  Long-time reader and fan of the forum, but this is my first post.  I was thrilled to finally recently buy the out of print book, The Most Famous Car in the World (large trade paperback dated 1993, signed version #68 of 500).  However, pages 47-62 are printed twice (see photo), but it's missing pages 63-78. Clearly a printing error.  Can anyone help with a PDF of missing pages 63-78?  Feel free to send a private message.

I contacted Dave Worrall, and he was nice to reply, but he didn't have scanned pages or a PDF.  Thank you.

AstonMartinDB5_2020

https://i.postimg.cc/26Lnt3mQ/printing-Error-DB5.jpg

2

Re: The Most Famous Car in the World by Dave Worrall - printing error

Sorry I can't be of any help, but welcome to our site and, now that you're here, have a post or two. There's a "Welcome" thread in the Off-Topic Forum to say hello in.

3

Re: The Most Famous Car in the World by Dave Worrall - printing error

Barbel wrote:

Sorry I can't be of any help, but welcome to our site and, now that you're here, have a post or two. There's a "Welcome" thread in the Off-Topic Forum to say hello in.

Hi.  Thanks for the welcome.  See my second post over at General James Bond chat--a photo I took of a miniature DB5. 

AstonMartinDB5_2020

4

Re: The Most Famous Car in the World by Dave Worrall - printing error

Message sent, AMDB5  ajb007/martini

5

Re: The Most Famous Car in the World by Dave Worrall - printing error

Hello and welcome to AJB  ajb007/smile

Oddly enough I bought some bookshelves yesterday and got some of my books out from storage...including this one (013/500)...mine has the correct printing - so I wonder how many of these copies are affected?

Unfortunately I have no way of converting them to a pdf file...there are about another eight pages of schematic drawings, to continue on from the others...

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

6

Re: The Most Famous Car in the World by Dave Worrall - printing error

ggl007 wrote:

Message sent, AMDB5  ajb007/martini

Email sent.  Thank you!

AstonMartinDB5_2020

7

Re: The Most Famous Car in the World by Dave Worrall - printing error

Sir Miles wrote:

Hello and welcome to AJB  ajb007/smile

Oddly enough I bought some bookshelves yesterday and got some of my books out from storage...including this one (013/500)...mine has the correct printing - so I wonder how many of these copies are affected?

Unfortunately I have no way of converting them to a pdf file...there are about another eight pages of schematic drawings, to continue on from the others...

Hi. Thanks for the welcome.  Dave Worrall told me he'd not heard of this before, so I presume few copies affected.  Perhaps mine is a one-of-a-kind collector's item?   ajb007/lol  ajb007/tongue

AstonMartinDB5_2020

8

Re: The Most Famous Car in the World by Dave Worrall - printing error

AstonMartinDB5_2020 wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:

Hello and welcome to AJB  ajb007/smile

Oddly enough I bought some bookshelves yesterday and got some of my books out from storage...including this one (013/500)...mine has the correct printing - so I wonder how many of these copies are affected?

Unfortunately I have no way of converting them to a pdf file...there are about another eight pages of schematic drawings, to continue on from the others...

Hi. Thanks for the welcome.  Dave Worrall told me he'd not heard of this before, so I presume few copies affected.  Perhaps mine is a one-of-a-kind collector's item?   ajb007/lol  ajb007/tongue

AstonMartinDB5_2020

It very well could be  ajb007/biggrin

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

9

Re: The Most Famous Car in the World by Dave Worrall - printing error

AstonMartinDB5_2020 wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:

Hello and welcome to AJB  ajb007/smile

Oddly enough I bought some bookshelves yesterday and got some of my books out from storage...including this one (013/500)...mine has the correct printing - so I wonder how many of these copies are affected?

Unfortunately I have no way of converting them to a pdf file...there are about another eight pages of schematic drawings, to continue on from the others...

Hi. Thanks for the welcome.  Dave Worrall told me he'd not heard of this before, so I presume few copies affected.  Perhaps mine is a one-of-a-kind collector's item?   ajb007/lol  ajb007/tongue

AstonMartinDB5_2020

It’s a one of a kind https://www.reference.com/pets-animals/male-chicken-c up. Not so much a collectors item though.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

10

Re: The Most Famous Car in the World by Dave Worrall - printing error

Rather than being a printing error, it is actually a binding error.

These things are usually picked up at the time of printing and mis-bindings are worthless. If it is a recent purchase return to the seller for a refund.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.