1

Topic: 3 or 4

Can anyone confirm for me please is DC contracted to do 3 movies with option of a 4th or 4 with option of a 5th.
Many thanks if someone can tell me one way or another.

2

Re: 3 or 4

There's been some debate about this over the last couple of years.  The gist seems to be that Craig is on a rolling contract and they are going to take each film as it comes.  Though I could be wrong.

3

Re: 3 or 4

John Drake wrote:

There's been some debate about this over the last couple of years.  The gist seems to be that Craig is on a rolling contract and they are going to take each film as it comes.  Though I could be wrong.

Ok, thanks.

4

Re: 3 or 4

I believe it's essentially a 'three-picture' deal, with an open option for more beyond that, one at a time.  I'm pretty sure that's the kind of deal Brozzer signed as well.

When #23 moves into active development and production, I'd expect speculation on Craig's future as Bond to be one of the 'through-lines'...For what it's worth*, I expect Craig will do at least four.  Cheers, detractors!  ajb007/cheers

* Absolutely nothing!

Last edited by Loeffelholz (18th Nov 2009 20:20)

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

5

Re: 3 or 4

Well if there's any justice in this world, he'll only do three. ajb007/biggrin

Loeffelholz wrote:

Cheers, detractors!  ajb007/cheers

ajb007/cheers

"My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore

6

Re: 3 or 4

Tee Hee wrote:

Well if there's any justice in this world, he'll only do three. ajb007/biggrin

Loeffelholz wrote:

Cheers, detractors!  ajb007/cheers

ajb007/cheers

ajb007/lol ajb007/biggrin

"He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman

7

Re: 3 or 4

Dan Same wrote:
Tee Hee wrote:

Well if there's any justice in this world, he'll only do three. ajb007/biggrin

Loeffelholz wrote:

Cheers, detractors!  ajb007/cheers

ajb007/cheers

ajb007/lol ajb007/biggrin

ajb007/lol  ajb007/cheers x2!

8

Re: 3 or 4

Vive la Révolution! ajb007/biggrin

"My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore

9

Re: 3 or 4

I would like him to do 4 23 risico and 24 property of a lady with Judi Denchs M being killed off and I dont think either film needs Q or Moneypenny, keep them for whoever takes over from 25 onwards along with a new male M and while were at it I think Henry Cavill or Clive Standen would be great to take up the 007 mantle.

10

Re: 3 or 4

superdaddy wrote:

I would like him to do 4 23 risico and 24 property of a lady with Judi Denchs M being killed off and I dont think either film needs Q or Moneypenny, keep them for whoever takes over from 25 onwards along with a new male M and while were at it I think Henry Cavill or Clive Standen would be great to take up the 007 mantle.

Yes I tend to agree, although you can map out a common vector-drop for number 4s. Thunderball, Moonraker, Die another Day...As much as I enjoy Craig as bond, maybe it would be better to keep it at three.

It's all right. It's quite all right, really. She's having a rest. We'll be going on soon. There's no hurry, you see. We have all the time in the world.

11

Re: 3 or 4

Luke wrote:

...you can map out a common vector-drop for number 4s. Thunderball, Moonraker, Die another Day...As much as I enjoy Craig as bond, maybe it would be better to keep it at three.

An interesting point, to be sure.  However, if anybody can buck the trend it's (Formerly) Poor DannyTM  ajb007/bond

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

12

Re: 3 or 4

Luke wrote:

Yes I tend to agree, although you can map out a common vector-drop for number 4s. Thunderball, Moonraker, Die another Day...As much as I enjoy Craig as bond, maybe it would be better to keep it at three.

Would you put TB in the same category as MR and DAD? While I agree that Moore and Brosnan each had disappointing fourth films (with Moore returning to form in his fifth and sixth films), I don't think that Connery suffered a serious drop in quality until his fifth film.

"He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman

13

Re: 3 or 4

I think DC will do 4 films at the most. Very much doubt he'll do 5. He might even do 3. But my guess is that he'll do 4.
And seeing as QOS was used as a film title, I think that the rest of the DC films will use remaining Fleming titles such as risico, the property of a lady, and/or the hildebrand rarity.

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

14

Re: 3 or 4

Loeffelholz wrote:
Luke wrote:

...you can map out a common vector-drop for number 4s. Thunderball, Moonraker, Die another Day...As much as I enjoy Craig as bond, maybe it would be better to keep it at three.

An interesting point, to be sure.  However, if anybody can buck the trend it's (Formerly) Poor DannyTM  ajb007/bond

Without a doubt.

15

Re: 3 or 4

Dan Same wrote:
Luke wrote:

Yes I tend to agree, although you can map out a common vector-drop for number 4s. Thunderball, Moonraker, Die another Day...As much as I enjoy Craig as bond, maybe it would be better to keep it at three.

Would you put TB in the same category as MR and DAD? While I agree that Moore and Brosnan each had disappointing fourth films (with Moore returning to form in his fifth and sixth films), I don't think that Connery suffered a serious drop in quality until his fifth film.

YOLT was where Connery's bond really devoured itself, but I think TB is nearly as bad--if only in different ways. Its a mess. Character arcs are non-existent, scenes are poorly edited and aligned, etc. I don't know. I find it a very dull and slow ride. Its a shame because it has its moments. But yes, I would say that as a rule, the bond films lose momentum after an actor's third round.

It's all right. It's quite all right, really. She's having a rest. We'll be going on soon. There's no hurry, you see. We have all the time in the world.