1

Topic: Mr White's health...

...he got shot with an automatic weapon at the end of CR...and at pretty close range too when you consider that Bond strolls up to deliver his line...

Then, after being thrown into the (tight) boot of an Aston and flung around during a car chase, he's sat down and doesn't seem to be in much, if any, pain anymore – he then starts taunting MI6 with his "we've got people everywhere" talk...and then to cap it off appears to be shot again by Mitchell.

I'm no doctor but I'm amazed he felt well enough to attend the Quantum meeting in Austria?

Things I hate:
1. People who hate things.
2. Irony.
3. Lists.

2

Re: Mr White's health...

Nice point 007,
I sure with the "New Rrealism" of the Reboot, that this would of been checked out, it's only a couple of bullets after all.  I got a very bad paper cut yesterday and it hurt like hell, But as not to upset anyone else I  bit on my lip ( which did wobble a little as I fought back the tears ) so on one would know my pain. ( I'm sure thats the same as getting shot a couple of times ).
    Mabey he was High on pain killers hence why he enjoyed Tosca,( Quantum as far as I know don't give out sick pay, so he'd have to attend or lose a days wages ), and in one of the deleted scenes can be seen running on to the stage and claiming one of the male performers was his "Bestest mate in the world " &  " Look how long my fingers are ".
    It's Definitely not a Mistake, QOS is far too well made a product for any slips like that, like Bond getting out of his handcuffs in the hotel lift , a David Blaine moment.  ajb007/biggrin ajb007/lol

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

3

Re: Mr White's health...

Hahahaha genius.
I'm watching different parts of QoS every evening at the moment because my eight year-old absolutely loves it – can't get enough of it...
I put Goldfinger on – that held his attention...for about ten minutes! He'll learn, he'll learn...

Things I hate:
1. People who hate things.
2. Irony.
3. Lists.

4

Re: Mr White's health...

I still watch QOS from time to time. Not as much as the others.
I'm sure your young fella will in time, realise his mistake ajb007/lol
at his age I loved Jason King, so much I'd make a moustache out of paper coloured in with black marker. ajb007/insane
watching it  on satellite TV lately, I saw how ( I'll be kind ) not as good as I remember it, it was.

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

5

Re: Mr White's health...

Well he was shot in the leg. Not sure if the weapon can be set by choice to auto or semi-auto? Sounded like one bullet IIRC. He appeared to receive some medical attention in QOS in the chair. Later Bond helps Mitchell shoot him in what looks like the arm. Just a flesh wound probably. Seems obvious he had help escaping, because he wouldn't get far limping away.

And I'm not sure how much time has passed before the opera?.

6

Re: Mr White's health...

77007 wrote:

Well he was shot in the leg. Not sure if the weapon can be set by choice to auto or semi-auto? Sounded like one bullet IIRC. He appeared to receive some medical attention in QOS in the chair. Later Bond helps Mitchell shoot him in what looks like the arm. Just a flesh wound probably. Seems obvious he had help escaping, because he wouldn't get far limping away.

And I'm not sure how much time has passed before the opera?.

20, 25 minutes?

Things I hate:
1. People who hate things.
2. Irony.
3. Lists.

7

Re: Mr White's health...

Well it is considered one of the most common medical fallacies in movies to have a character be shot and not be completely preoccupied by the pain. A character who takes bullets is often shown running around and killing the last few enemies or something before stopping for medical attention. Apparently, almost no one can take a bullet, ignore it, and finish their objective or walk around because they should be moaning in pain on the ground...

But such are the movies. Another thing is that you should never use a tourniquet. Unless the limb is clearly lost, you shouldn't be tying off circulation to the rest of the limb, pressure is the realistic and safe option to save a heavy bleed.

There is some article I read this in about medical movie fallacies.

8

Re: Mr White's health...

007 wrote:

20, 25 minutes?

Lol. Right. I didn't have my stopwatch on me.

9

Re: Mr White's health...

He also may of had some healing crystals, they work wonders. mixed with a little reflexology, Mr White would of been up on his Feet in no time. ajb007/biggrin
Sort of like the old westerns when two blokes would punch the hell out of each other, up and down a street, yet the only damage would be a small trickle of blood from a lip. which was quickly wipped away. ajb007/lol

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

10

Re: Mr White's health...

Nothing worse than movie magic getting in the way of the gritty real life documentary QOS should've been.

11

Re: Mr White's health...

http://s3.postimage.org/1b61mkzo/Untitled.jpg

Shot in this position, at that range, with a UMP40, it would have probably ruptured the femoral artery or come VERY close.

Very possible to have 'bled to death'.

'We'll rant and we'll roar, like true British sailors'!

12

Re: Mr White's health...

Problem is 77007, when People say they are going for a more "realistic take" on a character, then they will be judged on their realism. ajb007/lol

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

13

Re: Mr White's health...

I get the bit. I just think there's real, then there's movie real. Several different degrees of realism.

I keeps it real.

14

Re: Mr White's health...

I can see your point 77007, But feel even the battered hero has been done to death in the Lethal weapon and The die Hard series.
Every character has his or her own niche, At one time Bond had his, now he seems to be trying to grab a bit of Bourne mixing in a bit of Realism, Dropping the humor for a gritty take on the character. Mabey for some of us It was all a bit too much too soon, I can accept that times change and so the characters have to as well to keep up with the audiances.
  I liked Casino Royale, it's high up on my favourites list,Sadly QOS ( although loved by many) is scrapping along the bottom.
I'm hoping for Bond 23 they drop some of the Bad points of QOS, inject some of the old formula ( perhaps in a different way, I'm not talking about endless one-liners, or extras doing double takes. Less M, and a bit more Bond) By all means keep the realism ( Bond could be a miserable sod, in the novels ), Make it more of a CR and less a QOS. ajb007/lol

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

15

Re: Mr White's health...

Yeah we agree on a few things. I too prefer CR to QOS and I am looking forward to 23 improving. I'd like to think they learned something from QOS.

16

Re: Mr White's health...

Thunderpussy wrote:

Every character has his or her own niche, At one time Bond had his, now he seems to be trying to grab a bit of Bourne mixing in a bit of Realism, Dropping the humor for a gritty take on the character. Mabey for some of us It was all a bit too much too soon, I can accept that times change and so the characters have to as well to keep up with the audiances.

It's evolution and not revolution....I can see why some may think CR was a bit of a departure from what went before (meaning the Brosnan films)....but, IMO, the time was ready....and although DAD did well at the box office, there was a need for change - although I thought Brosnan had at least one more Bond film in him, if not two....
The "too much too soon" is why, again IMO, Dalton doesn't get the credit he deserved - from some quarters.....his was a great take on the role but was obviously a step too far for some...


oh...and I agree with 77007....there's real and then movie real.... ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

17

Re: Mr White's health...

Sir Miles wrote:

IMO, Dalton doesn't get the credit he deserved - from some quarters.....

Please be more specific, 007! ajb007/shifty

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

18

Re: Mr White's health...

Bondtoys wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:

IMO, Dalton doesn't get the credit he deserved - from some quarters.....

Please be more specific, 007! ajb007/shifty


Ok Bondtoys...just for you... ajb007/wink

Dalton doesn't get the credit he deserves mostly from people whom have a limited knowledge of Bond...or are still waiting to hit puberty...

Good enough ? ajb007/takecover

ajb007/tongue

ajb007/lol

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

19

Re: Mr White's health...

... well, in my books, he does get more than enough credit exactly from your mentioned group* ajb007/biggrin

I for my part would have no problem with a hard-edged approach for his movies. Problem is, that it did not look like this in the movies ajb007/tongue

*and I include Thunderpussy ajb007/lol

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

20

Re: Mr White's health...

I do hate it when you guys fight ajb007/lol it makes Puberty so disturbing, ajb007/crap  If I end up with a complex or something I'll know who to blame. ajb007/lol

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

21

Re: Mr White's health...

Thunderpussy wrote:

  If I end up with a complex or something .....

We're all happy, if we can count yours with 2 hands, TP ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

22

Re: Mr White's health...

Bondtoys wrote:

... well, in my books, he does get more than enough credit exactly from your mentioned group* ajb007/biggrin

Really ? At last ! You've seen the light Bondtoys ajb007/biggrin

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

23

Re: Mr White's health...

no, just some Dalton-Fanboys ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

24

Re: Mr White's health...

Bondtoys wrote:

no, just some Dalton-Fanboys ajb007/biggrin

I'm one of those!

Things I hate:
1. People who hate things.
2. Irony.
3. Lists.

25

Re: Mr White's health...

007 wrote:

...he got shot with an automatic weapon at the end of CR...and at pretty close range too when you consider that Bond strolls up to deliver his line...

Then, after being thrown into the (tight) boot of an Aston and flung around during a car chase, he's sat down and doesn't seem to be in much, if any, pain anymore – he then starts taunting MI6 with his "we've got people everywhere" talk...and then to cap it off appears to be shot again by Mitchell.

I'm no doctor but I'm amazed he felt well enough to attend the Quantum meeting in Austria?

It`s really nice to know you care about mr Whites well-being. Arch villans have feelings too!