1

Topic: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

....but it appears a cookie has not been set.

So we won't let you access the site. Na-na-na-na-nah!'

Has anyone else come across this in internet cafes when attempting to log on to their fave site? Not just porn, either, but ajb too?  ajb007/biggrin

Move to another machine and it will let you on as usual when logging on.

What gives?

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

2

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

Napoleon Plural wrote:

....but it appears a cookie has not been set.

So we won't let you access the site. Na-na-na-na-nah!'

Has anyone else come across this in internet cafes when attempting to log on to their fave site? Not just porn, either, but ajb too?  ajb007/biggrin

Move to another machine and it will let you on as usual when logging on.

What gives?



http://s2.postimage.org/20v405quc/internet_cookies1.jpg

"I was never taught what femininity was. I learnt it- or rather I invented it- on my own. "

-Carole Bouquet

3

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

It will be restrictions on the browser in the cafe, probably something to that someone has tweaked to disallow cookies.

Simon

4

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I now have this error message on my iPad - it is set to accept cookies and obviously does from other sites - any thoughts? Ta, Dryden

5

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

Clear your cache  ajb007/wink

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

6

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

Yes, I've raised such issues - AJB seems to have more problems in the simple task of logging in that any other James Bond forum site or any other forum for that matter.

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

7

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:

Yes, I've raised such issues - AJB seems to have more problems in the simple task of logging in that any other James Bond forum site or any other forum for that matter.

Funny that...I've never had a problem at all...what problems do you have when logging on ? And to whom have you reported them ?

Thank you.

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

8

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

Just a quick tip, I stay logged in all the time.   ajb007/biggrin 
I know many who will take comfort from this.   ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

9

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

Sir Miles wrote:
SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:

Yes, I've raised such issues - AJB seems to have more problems in the simple task of logging in that any other James Bond forum site or any other forum for that matter.

Funny that...I've never had a problem at all...what problems do you have when logging on ? And to whom have you reported them ?

Thank you.

It's just sometimes - could be my old laptop and its equally old keys, maybe?

I think I started a thread on this below this one somewhere - if you have a look you should be able to see it.  ajb007/martini

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

10

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

ajb007/rolleyes

I think the problem is most likely with the user's device, not AJB.

Before I started using iPhone, I never received the aforementioned error message.

Now though, every once in a while I do get it, and I found clearing the blower's cache remedies the problem.

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

11

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

minigeff wrote:

ajb007/rolleyes

I think the problem is most likely with the user's device, not AJB.

Before I started using iPhone, I never received the aforementioned error message.

Now though, every once in a while I do get it, and I found clearing the blower's cache remedies the problem.

I must say that yopu're probably right, minigeff. It's no less annoying/frustrating for all that, though!

I've had this problem on my own laptop, my brother's computer, a library computer etc. which suggests there may be some gremlins in the website login software - no?

I've lost long posts due to its "clearing fields" on a number of occasions and taking you back to the empty/quoted page to start with. If it was just the computer, how come I and othersw don't have these login issues on MI6 Community or BAB. Forget CBn...you all know in what high esteem I hold it, of course... ajb007/wink

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

12

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

When I changed computers a couple of months ago I was also having this problem. I resolved it by reducing the security setting for cookies (I clear my cache and history at the end of every day so I don't really care how many cookies I accumulate each day). That worked perfectly. The only other thing that worked was clicking on "Keep me logged-in", but that didn't seem to work all the time.

13

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

I tried all of the above and so far so good. Thanks for all your suggestions.... We'll go with user error on this occasion I think!

14

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:

I think I started a thread on this below this one somewhere - if you have a look you should be able to see it.  ajb007/martini

No sorry...can't see anything...  ajb007/insane

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

15

Re: 'You appear to have logged on successfully....

Sir Miles wrote:
SILHOUETTE MAN wrote:

I think I started a thread on this below this one somewhere - if you have a look you should be able to see it.  ajb007/martini

No sorry...can't see anything...  ajb007/insane

Sorry, Sir Miles. I mentioned the log-in problems in a thread somewhere on something else entirely - can't remember what now! Memory is fallible, as they say!  ajb007/lol

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).