101

Re: Blofeld Trilogy

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

Sir Miles - are you suggesting Mendes will be back, or that it will be a long time before Bond 25? I can see no scenario where Mendes does a third film...

The former rather than the latter... ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

102

Re: Blofeld Trilogy

Sir Miles wrote:
HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

Sir Miles - are you suggesting Mendes will be back, or that it will be a long time before Bond 25? I can see no scenario where Mendes does a third film...

The former rather than the latter... ajb007/martini

Everything I've heard so far is to the contrary of this. Sounds like Mendes is all Bonded out. Or at least that's what my selective hearing is telling me. ajb007/wink I would love to see Nolan or Fincher take a swing at it. I realize Fincher is wishful thinking, and Nolan sounds like he's going to be busy for a while. Hard to know where this goes next.

ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

Yes...considerably...

103

Re: Blofeld Trilogy

I think a non-Craig Bond film with Mendes directing might be my worst-case scenario. If Mendes comes back, I really hope that we at least get another film with Craig as Bond.

104

Re: Blofeld Trilogy

MrBeech wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:
HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

Sir Miles - are you suggesting Mendes will be back, or that it will be a long time before Bond 25? I can see no scenario where Mendes does a third film...

The former rather than the latter... ajb007/martini

Everything I've heard so far is to the contrary of this. Sounds like Mendes is all Bonded out. Or at least that's what my selective hearing is telling me. ajb007/wink I would love to see Nolan or Fincher take a swing at it. I realize Fincher is wishful thinking, and Nolan sounds like he's going to be busy for a while. Hard to know where this goes next.

ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

I suppose it depends whom you listen to  ajb007/biggrin

Obviously nothing is certain...but... ajb007/bond

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

105

Re: Blofeld Trilogy

MrBeech wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:
HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

Sir Miles - are you suggesting Mendes will be back, or that it will be a long time before Bond 25? I can see no scenario where Mendes does a third film...

The former rather than the latter... ajb007/martini

Everything I've heard so far is to the contrary of this. Sounds like Mendes is all Bonded out. Or at least that's what my selective hearing is telling me. ajb007/wink I would love to see Nolan or Fincher take a swing at it. I realize Fincher is wishful thinking, and Nolan sounds like he's going to be busy for a while. Hard to know where this goes next.

ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

If you listened to Mendes after Skyfall, you wouldn't have expected him to return again. What people say doesn't have much relevance to what they actually do.

106

Re: Blofeld Trilogy

This is just fun speculation, but one got a very different sense from Craig and Mendes after Skyfall than after Spectre. The bare-bones Spectre blu is interesting to me - when Skyfall hit - without much more of a gap than Spectre's theatrical window - it had commentary tracks, bonus features, etc. From their interviews and enthusiasm, Skyfall in general felt like something they were proud of. Spectre feels like something like were glad to be finished with.

107

Re: Blofeld Trilogy

Unlikely but would love to have seen Campbell finish off the DC era

Instagram - bondclothes007

108

Re: Blofeld Trilogy

welshboy78 wrote:

Unlikely but would love to have seen Campbell finish off the DC era

I whole-heartedly endorse that idea. He's responsible for my favorite Bond movie of all time(CR) and a close contender (GE) so giving him the keys would be welcome for sure.

ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

Yes...considerably...

109

Re: Blofeld Trilogy

As much as I love Sam Mendes I must say after Spectre I'm definitely looking forward to a new director stepping in. Skyfall is my favorite Bond film but Spectre was pretty forgettable and its time to bring in some other talent.

110

Re: Blofeld Trilogy

walther p99 wrote:

As much as I love Sam Mendes I must say after Spectre I'm definitely looking forward to a new director stepping in. Skyfall is my favorite Bond film but Spectre was pretty forgettable and its time to bring in some other talent.

Skyfall was okay; SPECTRE was the best Bond movie since TND, and the best overall spy flick since The International. ajb007/shifty

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

111

Re: Blofeld Trilogy

chrisisall wrote:
walther p99 wrote:

As much as I love Sam Mendes I must say after Spectre I'm definitely looking forward to a new director stepping in. Skyfall is my favorite Bond film but Spectre was pretty forgettable and its time to bring in some other talent.

Skyfall was okay; SPECTRE was the best Bond movie since TND, and the best overall spy flick since The International. ajb007/shifty

I cant agree with you on Spectre, but I can agree with you that TNDs is one of the best Bond films!