26

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

RedDawn289 wrote:

(a) Automatic knife (switchblade) An automatic knife that houses a blade that will open automatically by hand pressure applied to a lever or button in or attached to the handle (but not on the blade) of the knife. The blade is released by pressure on the lever or button, and opens with the assistance of an internal spring or mechanism.

But a legal 'spring assist' manual blade deployment is okay? I don't really see a big difference.... a quarter second or so? ajb007/confused

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

27

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

chrisisall wrote:

But a legal 'spring assist' manual blade deployment is okay? I don't really see a big difference.... a quarter second or so? ajb007/confused

These laws are never really rational and have mostly do with irrational fears; here in Finland side opening automatic knives are legal to own, but illegal to carry and OTF automatics are illegal to own or carry. But in general in Finland it doesn't really matter what the technical characteristic the knife has: there is a blanket law that states that "it is illegal to posses in a public place, without proper legal reason, any implement capable of being used to harm others". It is always up to the individual police or other official to make the evaluation whether the reason for possessing is legal or if the said implement poses danger to others.  ajb007/rolleyes 

Fortunately police have no right to perform summary searches with out a proper cause..... which is good..... if I were to carry a knife, or baton or heaven forbid a gun..... while not on duty.... which I would never, ever do....... officially that is, and I will wehemently deny any allegations that I have even alluded that I would under any circumstances do so...... ever!

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
-Mr Arlington Beech

28

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

Just got my Knife in the mail... its awesome. I compared it to my other gerber which has the same handle but is spring assisted and the quality and weight of the two are very different. The knife also came with a nice carrying case.
http://s8.postimg.cc/kwk1jvlkh/IMG_8084.jpg

http://s8.postimg.cc/4rxmqni7l/IMG_8085.jpg

http://s8.postimg.cc/9gdmlu7e9/IMG_8086.jpg

http://s8.postimg.cc/6l0jez3e9/IMG_8089.jpg

http://s8.postimg.cc/gkvfuvenl/IMG_8090.jpg

Buona fortuna, donna Lucia

29

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

VegasBond wrote:

Just got my Knife in the mail... its awesome. I compared it to my other gerber which has the same handle but is spring assisted and the quality and weight of the two are very different. The knife also came with a nice carrying case.
http://s8.postimg.cc/kwk1jvlkh/IMG_8084.jpg

http://s8.postimg.cc/4rxmqni7l/IMG_8085.jpg

http://s8.postimg.cc/9gdmlu7e9/IMG_8086.jpg

http://s8.postimg.cc/6l0jez3e9/IMG_8089.jpg

http://s8.postimg.cc/gkvfuvenl/IMG_8090.jpg

Very cool!
Sadly, I'm not a fan of serrated edges else I'd order one too. But good 007 catch!

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

30

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

My knife just showed up and it's awesome, smooth opening and a nice weighty feel.  I might be able to get a couple more, if anyone is interested pm me.


http://s16.postimg.cc/ye1151k41/IMG_0998.jpg

You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us

31

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

"The fox has many tricks, but the hedgehog has only one, but it is a good one." old Spartan saying

Bond: "But who would want to kill me, sir?"
M: "Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors . . . the list is endless."

32

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

Did anyone in the UK manage to get their hands on this knife?  I've looked everywhere and can't find a UK dealer.  One of the only companies where I did find it in stock will not ship to UK due to our laws. ajb007/frown

I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me

33

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

StiffassBrit wrote:

Did anyone in the UK manage to get their hands on this knife?  I've looked everywhere and can't find a UK dealer.  One of the only companies where I did find it in stock will not ship to UK due to our laws. ajb007/frown

I wouldn't want to own one in my own gun crazy country due to restrictions.  ajb007/insane

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

34

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

StiffassBrit wrote:

Did anyone in the UK manage to get their hands on this knife?  I've looked everywhere and can't find a UK dealer.  One of the only companies where I did find it in stock will not ship to UK due to our laws. ajb007/frown

You won't buy one here, and if you import one, you will face prison time with no exceptions.  These are as illegal as a live sub machine gun, and the penalties pretty much the same.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

35

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

Asp9mm wrote:
StiffassBrit wrote:

Did anyone in the UK manage to get their hands on this knife?  I've looked everywhere and can't find a UK dealer.  One of the only companies where I did find it in stock will not ship to UK due to our laws. ajb007/frown

You won't buy one here, and if you import one, you will face prison time with no exceptions.  These are as illegal as a live sub machine gun, and the penalties pretty much the same.

Once again, it's one rule for MI6 agents with a licence to kill and another rule for the rest of us...

36

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

Nope, Bond is breaking the law too.  MI6 can't legally carry arms in the UK mainland, and auto knives are still illegal even within our own MOD and branches thereof  ajb007/lol   Theatrical and film companies can have them though.  Fact is indeed stranger than fiction  ajb007/biggrin

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

37

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

So.... what's the substantive difference betwixt full auto & spring assist again....? ajb007/confused

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

38

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

chrisisall wrote:

So.... what's the substantive difference betwixt full auto & spring assist again....? ajb007/confused

Spring assist isn't activated by a button or device that retains the blade under tension and deploys from handle to locked position instantly without manual assist.  But UK Customs have now clamped down on assisted too and they're classifying them as autos.  Even Heinnies have stopped selling them as importation is becoming impossible.  It was always a grey area, but now they have caught up and you'll be in trouble for importing them too now  ajb007/rolleyes

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

39

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

Asp9mm wrote:

Spring assist isn't activated by a button or device that retains the blade under tension and deploys from handle to locked position instantly without manual assist.  But UK Customs have now clamped down on assisted too and they're classifying them as autos.  Even Heinnies have stopped selling them as importation is becoming impossible.  It was always a grey area, but now they have caught up and you'll be in trouble for importing them too now  ajb007/rolleyes

So.... what's the substantive difference betwixt full adults you cannot trust with sharp instruments & little children that need constant supervision again....? ?
ajb007/confused

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

40

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

chrisisall wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

Spring assist isn't activated by a button or device that retains the blade under tension and deploys from handle to locked position instantly without manual assist.  But UK Customs have now clamped down on assisted too and they're classifying them as autos.  Even Heinnies have stopped selling them as importation is becoming impossible.  It was always a grey area, but now they have caught up and you'll be in trouble for importing them too now  ajb007/rolleyes

So.... what's the substantive difference betwixt full adults you cannot trust with sharp instruments & little children that need constant supervision again....? ?
ajb007/confused

One you can overcome because they lack strength, coordination, height and experience.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

41

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

Asp9mm wrote:

One you can overcome because they lack strength, coordination, height and experience.

LOL, though my point is, if you have to have speed limits, controls on knives, warnings on hot coffee, etc, then are you not saying that humanity is a bunch of morons, and by extension, should not be allowed to vote in elections since their faculties are so amazingly limited?
Isn't getting a driver's license too easy? Or a loan? Or a bike???

Basically what I'm saying is that people should be prepared (or prepare themselves) for the unfortunate demands of real world life.

And PLEASE let's stop treating children like they have no rights when we adults are really no better than they are (just bigger). ajb007/lol

Last edited by chrisisall (27th Mar 2016 00:00)

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

42

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

double post- somebody STOP me!! ajb007/biggrin

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

43

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

chrisisall wrote:

LOL, though my point is, if you have to have speed limits, controls on knives, warnings on hot coffee, etc, then are you not saying that humanity is a bunch of morons, and by extension, should not be allowed to vote in an elections since their faculties are so amazingly limited?
Isn't getting a driver's license too easy? Or a loan? Or a bike???

Basically what I'm saying is that people should be prepared (or prepare themselves) for the unfortunate demands of real world life.

And PLEASE let's stop treating children like they have no rights when we adults are really no better than they are (just bigger). ajb007/lol

And you can blame plenty of the above on Americas love of litigation !  ajb007/shifty

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

44

Re: Bonds folding knife in SPECTRE [Spoilers]

Sir Miles wrote:

And you can blame plenty of the above on Americas love of litigation !  ajb007/shifty

Our Law like our Medicine has a history of being 'above' the intellectual reach of the average rancher. ajb007/lol

And THEY like it that way!

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT