26

Re: "Current News" thread?

Thunderpussy wrote:

Perhaps we could hang a sign up stating that this thread is a free for all !  No Rules ?
"Catch as catch can " ... " Down'n'Drty"  ..... Almost the red light area of AJB ?  ajb007/lol
The literary cage fighting section.  ajb007/wink

I suggested this a couple if weeks ago,  an unmoderated thread called " the toxic thread" the rules are.... There aren't any rules  ajb007/biggrin
Or simply abide by the marquis of Queensbury rules,
No biting, gouging,  headbutting, kicking and keep it above the belt.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

27

Re: "Current News" thread?

An unmoderated thread isn't practical, though. It could contain pornography (cue jokes, TP), racism, etc and this for obvious reasons can't be permitted.

28

Re: "Current News" thread?

If TP posts it, it's not pornography   ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

29

Re: "Current News" thread?

"Gentleman's interest"?  ajb007/lol

30

Re: "Current News" thread?

Barbel wrote:

"Gentleman's interest"?  ajb007/lol

I think he calls it "art"

So no name calling at all Jocky Mcsporran? 
( congrats on the rugby this weekend BTW)

It was either that.....or the priesthood

31

Re: "Current News" thread?

ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/biggrin

...rugby?  ajb007/confused   (I don't follow sport at all!)

32

Re: "Current News" thread?

Barbel wrote:

ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/biggrin

...rugby?  ajb007/confused   (I don't follow sport at all!)

Call yourself a Scotsman!  Scotland beat Ireland which is very good for Scotland. 
While up in Edinburgh in January Mrs coop and I were walking up the royal mile,  I commented to her about all the Scotland rugby merchandise for sale ready for the six nations and I kid you not she said
" I get that,  but what's with all the whisky shops? It's all whisky, shortbread and knitwear!  What's all that about?  "
She was being serious!

It was either that.....or the priesthood

33

Re: "Current News" thread?

is women mudfighting a sports?

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

34

Re: "Current News" thread?

People might also discuss politics with other members, via PM, ad nauseam.

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

35

Re: "Current News" thread?

Chriscoop wrote:

  Scotland beat Ireland which is very good for Scotland.

ajb007/confused  If you say so. I was vaguely aware something sporting was happening.

36

Re: "Current News" thread?

Loeffelholz wrote:

People might also discuss politics with other members, via PM, ad nauseam.

Seconded.

37

Re: "Current News" thread?

Higgins wrote:

is women mudfighting a sports?

Could be,  would they be naked?  If so  then that would be "art" if they were to wear a strip of some sort then it would be a sport.

https://s27.postimg.cc/4yx3w4o3j/20170206_212135.jpg
Clearly a sport

It was either that.....or the priesthood

38

Re: "Current News" thread?

Chriscoop wrote:
Higgins wrote:

is women mudfighting a sports?

Could be,  would they be naked?  If so  then that would be "art" if they were to wear a strip of some sort then it would be a sport.

https://s27.postimg.cc/4yx3w4o3j/20170206_212135.jpg
Clearly a sport

Until said 'strip' was removed then it may become pornography depending how depraved one's mind is in which case the thread will be closed.  Oh well - back to the salt mines  ajb007/frown

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". -  Homer J Simpson

39

Re: "Current News" thread?

Barbel wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:

People might also discuss politics with other members, via PM, ad nauseam.

Seconded.

Not thirded. That is, people can of course dicuss politics via PM to their heart's delight. But part of the appeal of a good debate is that differnt people can join in when they feel they have something to contribute. It keeps the conversation varied and open.

40

Re: "Current News" thread?

I also disagree about pms.

In a public exchange of political opinions, the bystanders may be able to learn - besides of how to insult and belittle the other camp  ajb007/biggrin  - about other people's opinions without even engaging in the discussion.

Also arguments lead to new thoughts perspectives and new arguments by others - that does not happen in pms.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

41

Re: "Current News" thread?

Higgins wrote:

I also disagree about pms.

In a public exchange of political opinions, the bystanders may be able to learn - besides of how to insult and belittle the other camp  ajb007/biggrin  - about other people's opinions without even engaging in the discussion.

Also arguments lead to new thoughts perspectives and new arguments by others - that does not happen in pms.

It also means other members, like blessed Barbel, can step in if it gets a bit heated, and if any green trainers get thrown at each other.

“The scent and smoke and sweat of a casino are nauseating at three in the morning. "
-Casino Royale, Ian Fleming

42

Re: "Current News" thread?

I have the feeling that Barbel is just too lazy moderating at least one mildly active thread  ajb007/biggrin

I mean - he should work a little for that paycheck and company car  ajb007/wink

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

43

Re: "Current News" thread?

Don't forget my pathetic love of country.




James- "Blessed"????
https://s23.postimg.cc/q5nklti9z/AA_OLD_MAN_5.jpg

44

Re: "Current News" thread?

One thing one should remember in this discussion is ..... I don't know anyone who defends or belives in Republican ideas outside this forum. At least not people I know well enough to debate with openly and honestly. I'm, guessing several members here are in a simular situation - this is the one place we have friends who have really different political views from your own. Perhaps it will force you to formulate your views better, examining them and checking if your views can be backed by facts and good sources. We often asked other members for sources in the US election thread, and surpricingly often they were produced. While I see this won't happen often, one can hope someone from time to time shifts their views somewhat because of debates here. Hopefully we are mature enough for that to happen in some rare occation.  ajb007/smile

45

Re: "Current News" thread?

Blessed Barbel just seemed to suit you.
Whatever happened to that profile pic of Steven Speilberg playing the guitar?

And Number 24, I agree with you, the internet is a great place to find a variety of opinions. And I guess the only thing we all share in common here is a love for James Bond, even though we may question that with some members! haha
Discussing politics with other people from differing opinions and backgrounds encourages us to come in with an open-mind, rely on objective rather than emotive reasoning and can even strengthen one's view, or widen it.
But as always, the main rule is to keep it civil, respectful and make sure the goal is to understand the other person and where they're coming from, and have a separation between the topic and the member itself.

“The scent and smoke and sweat of a casino are nauseating at three in the morning. "
-Casino Royale, Ian Fleming

46

Re: "Current News" thread?

It would be lovely if such a thread could truly be a place for 'news' to be 'discussed' - without pontification or condemnation - or, devolution into some sort of an arena where one set of beliefs must be vanquished, and the obvious AJB majority's validated with a triumphant last word. However, any serious student of AJB history can see the likely outcome of such a proposition, if any degree of intellectual honesty is applied to the question.

If such a thread is ultimately decided upon, it will be against my repeatedly-expressed personal wishes, and I'll likely not participate, except perhaps to comment on a major event of some sort that transcends the ridiculously ugly politics of the moment.

I have lost more than one friendship here because of things said during inflamed moments that have nothing to do with the supposed purpose of this site, which is most regrettable. I will lose no more, here, because someone else has a different vision of what government should do.

If you want to ask me how I feel about a particular issue, PM me and I'll respond at my convenience, as (like all of us) I'm busy with my ever-shortening life, but I won't shy away from any issue and will give an honest opinion. It likely isn't yours, and our subsequent discussion or argument will likely not change any minds, but perhaps we can be friends who disagree.

It's a James Bond fansite, lest we forget. If you want to play ideological 'King of the Hill,' kindly leave me out.

My love and peace to all. Cheers  ajb007/cheers

Last edited by Loeffelholz (8th Feb 2017 16:39)

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

47

Re: "Current News" thread?

James Suzuki wrote:

Blessed Barbel just seemed to suit you.
Whatever happened to that profile pic of Steven Speilberg playing the guitar?

At first glance I thought it was The Saint (mind you I'm on to my 3rd Bourbon  ajb007/wink ).

I know I haven't been here that long but I can't recall Barbel having an avatar of Spielberg.  Initially (and in all seriousness) I thought it was David Gilmour and that by the way is a compliment. 

Avatars are a bit of fun; I can't wait for TP's next instalment - wonder if he/she has had Eddie Izzard in the past or is planning to go that way in the future?  His (Izzards) skit of James Bond is a cracker.

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". -  Homer J Simpson

48

Re: "Current News" thread?

I'm not anywhere near Gilmour's league, but thanks.

49

Re: "Current News" thread?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world … 67356.html
Some of the Dangers ? Of discussing politics  ajb007/wink " wife leaves husband after he votes Trump !"

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

50

Re: "Current News" thread?

OGG007 wrote:
James Suzuki wrote:

Blessed Barbel just seemed to suit you.
Whatever happened to that profile pic of Steven Speilberg playing the guitar?

At first glance I thought it was The Saint (mind you I'm on to my 3rd Bourbon  ajb007/wink ).

I know I haven't been here that long but I can't recall Barbel having an avatar of Spielberg.  Initially (and in all seriousness) I thought it was David Gilmour and that by the way is a compliment. 

Avatars are a bit of fun; I can't wait for TP's next instalment - wonder if he/she has had Eddie Izzard in the past or is planning to go that way in the future?  His (Izzards) skit of James Bond is a cracker.

I remember when TP had a profile picture of what looked like Graham Norton photoshopped in a James Bond tuxedo.

“The scent and smoke and sweat of a casino are nauseating at three in the morning. "
-Casino Royale, Ian Fleming