1

Topic: The World Is Not Enough - Cold Reception Missing Song

I think that I've made it quite clear from my reviews that I'm a huge fan of David Arnold's work on TWINE.
A personal favourite of mine (and the best reprisal of the excellent theme by Garbage during the movie) is the small ski section with Elektra after the helicopter leaves.

I could not find it anywhere, and from what I understand an extended version of this very underrated soundtrack was never released.
The only piece from the soundtrack that comes close is Christmas in Turkey, but it is a softened up, piano version of it. I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the direction of a cover or indeed the original track.

The Bilbao section is another favourite of mine that is only heard during the movie.
Bond landing to the ground in a Magda-esque way from Octopussy, coupled with some soft Bond theme cues elevates his escape to iconic status. I hear those in my head almost every day.

Please, help out a fellow Arnold fan [not necessarily Schwarzenegger but you get the idea ajb007/wink].

a reasonable rate of return

2

Re: The World Is Not Enough - Cold Reception Missing Song

Is this what you're after, DP? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33sdJ2BlDeI

See also https://www.last.fm/music/David+Arnold/_/Snow+Business

and the second piece:
https://www.last.fm/music/David+Arnold/_/Kazakhstan

3

Re: The World Is Not Enough - Cold Reception Missing Song

Oh I wish they get Arnold back for bond 25

It was either that.....or the priesthood

4

Re: The World Is Not Enough - Cold Reception Missing Song

Chriscoop wrote:

Oh I wish they get Arnold back for bond 25

+ 1  ajb007/martini

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

5

Re: The World Is Not Enough - Cold Reception Missing Song

Charmed & Dangerous wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:

Oh I wish they get Arnold back for bond 25

+ 1  ajb007/martini

+1.  ajb007/martini

6

Re: The World Is Not Enough - Cold Reception Missing Song

"Preaching  to the choir" with me on that one  ajb007/lol
Get Arnold Back. Now !   ajb007/cheers

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

7

Re: The World Is Not Enough - Cold Reception Missing Song

I'd love to see Spectre with an Arnold score.  It will never happen but I think it would elevate the film no end.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

8

Re: The World Is Not Enough - Cold Reception Missing Song

Barbel wrote:
Charmed & Dangerous wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:

Oh I wish they get Arnold back for bond 25

+ 1  ajb007/martini

+1.  ajb007/martini

+1  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini
Thank you, Barbel.
It was exactly what I was looking for ajb007/bond!

a reasonable rate of return

9

Re: The World Is Not Enough - Cold Reception Missing Song

ajb007/smile  You're welcome, DP.

10

Re: The World Is Not Enough - Cold Reception Missing Song

Chriscoop wrote:

I'd love to see Spectre with an Arnold score.  It will never happen but I think it would elevate the film no end.

Give these a watch. ajb007/smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPftfNcZNG4 (Gunbarrel)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVOPv2snTnM (PTS Helicopter fight.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4uQl513f7k (Car Chase 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91AVii2kO8E (Car Chase 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpRqIOtuenY (Plane Chase)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VxZiiTOHrM (Train Fight)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxHj-1Cc25k (Crater Escape)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4IWEwOCowE (London Finale.)

"No for me."
"You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
"I never miss..."
"Time to face gravity!"

11

Re: The World Is Not Enough - Cold Reception Missing Song

BruceMurdock wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:

I'd love to see Spectre with an Arnold score.  It will never happen but I think it would elevate the film no end.

Give these a watch. ajb007/smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPftfNcZNG4 (Gunbarrel)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVOPv2snTnM (PTS Helicopter fight.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4uQl513f7k (Car Chase 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91AVii2kO8E (Car Chase 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpRqIOtuenY (Plane Chase)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VxZiiTOHrM (Train Fight)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxHj-1Cc25k (Crater Escape)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4IWEwOCowE (London Finale.)

I've seen these before,  just makes me want Arnold even more! Thanks BM  ajb007/martini

It was either that.....or the priesthood

12

Re: The World Is Not Enough - Cold Reception Missing Song

+1 "Hire Arnold NOW ! "

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

13

Re: The World Is Not Enough - Cold Reception Missing Song

I like arnolds stuff but regarding songs I honestly think that the 'singing bar' has been set so high with bond themes that mediocre singers dont work, manson is a perfect example