4,126

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Bond44 wrote:

Well personally I am glad its all sorted and we know DC will be doing his last hurrah.

Now we have 18 months watching it all unfold which is something to look forward too - I love seeing it all come together and the end result (what makes the cut and what does not).

Of course if Purvis and Wade want any help on the plot I have a few ideas of my own  ajb007/biggrin

Here's to the next 18 months / 2 years.

On a personal note I do think that I identified with DC more than any other actor playing Bond. Once he is done I suspect my collecting days will decline drastically - it will be the next generations turn and I will happy to watch from the wings.

Cheers  ajb007/bond

P.S At least the 4 year gap gives me time to pay off one Omega watch before I buy the next one from the next installment!! (maybe he could go retro and wear a combination from the previous films and save us a fortune)

I alluded to this earlier,  Dc is my Bond despite being born in the Roger Moore era. As for watches  ajb007/crap I feel more watches will be added to my collection.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

4,127

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Number24 wrote:

Because of this it's unlikely that we have to wait long after Bond25 to learn who the next Bond actor is, like we endured before CR. Those who say Hiddleston is a done deal may very well be right. If not EON won't waste time screentesting and hiring the next actor. Either way I hope and believe we get to learn the name of the next Bond in 2020, after Bond25 has stopped screening in cinemas.

And I think it's a extremely safe bet to assume Bond 26 will release in 2022, since it's unlikely EON will pass up on the 60 year anniversary. Will be interesting to see how that pans out as the debute of a new actor!

Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews:  Recapping 007   
YouTube channel  Support my channel on Patreon  Twitter   Facebook fanpage

4,128

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Bond44 wrote:

Well personally I am glad its all sorted and we know DC will be doing his last hurrah.

Now we have 18 months watching it all unfold which is something to look forward too - I love seeing it all come together and the end result (what makes the cut and what does not).

Of course if Purvis and Wade want any help on the plot I have a few ideas of my own  ajb007/biggrin

Here's to the next 18 months / 2 years.

On a personal note I do think that I identified with DC more than any other actor playing Bond. Once he is done I suspect my collecting days will decline drastically - it will be the next generations turn and I will happy to watch from the wings.

Cheers  ajb007/bond

P.S At least the 4 year gap gives me time to pay off one Omega watch before I buy the next one from the next installment!! (maybe he could go retro and wear a combination from the previous films and save us a fortune)

I alluded to this earlier,  Dc is my Bond despite being born in the Roger Moore era. As for watches  ajb007/crap I feel more watches will be added to my collection.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

4,129

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

walther p99 wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:
walther p99 wrote:

Great news! So I think we can now put to rest the filming back-to-back movies rumor then. Seems we're getting him back for ONE final film. Lets hope this final film makes up for Spectre and he does indeed end on a high note.

I think I'll wait for more information  ajb007/wink

The official Bond website says he's returning for Bond 25 and Craig's comments on Colbert seem to indicate one final film.

Earlier in the day, he was still withholding information...I believe he still is  ajb007/martini

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

4,130

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Loeffelholz wrote:
walther p99 wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:

I think I'll wait for more information  ajb007/wink

The official Bond website says he's returning for Bond 25 and Craig's comments on Colbert seem to indicate one final film.

Earlier in the day, he was still withholding information...I believe he still is  ajb007/martini

I suppose we'll see!

4,131

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

walther p99 wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:
walther p99 wrote:

The official Bond website says he's returning for Bond 25 and Craig's comments on Colbert seem to indicate one final film.

Earlier in the day, he was still withholding information...I believe he still is  ajb007/martini

I suppose we'll see!

I think he'll give Eon their moment with the announcement...as as been said elsewhere, it might be a long movie split in two, like 'The Deathly Hallows.' Either way, I don't think the genie bottle stays shut much longer.

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

4,132

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

I too think Craig knows more. At the minimum he knows who's directing and the plot of the script.
With a new Bond actor in 2020 (I think) I agree with Dutchfinger that 2022 isn't unrealistic, and if not it would be 2023.

4,133

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Only three Bond films are being released in each decade since the 6-year hiatus in the 1990's.

4,134

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

I think although much of us anticipated a Craig return there always is an air of uncertainty until solid confirmation ie 007.com.

Like most, im thrilled at his return and REALLY cannot wait for this one. Not only for the fact its a Bond film but because i think, like most of us do, it'll be his last. Unless ambitious rumours of a back to back Bond were to happen.

The script of course will be CRUCIAL but im really hoping it'll be a fitting finale for a proper Bond actor and one that hasn't just rebooted the popularity of the character commercially, but has been personally in my top 2 if not 3 actors to play the role.

He's been amazing in the role, although the comments after Spectre werent needed and i think a bit of a mistake in relation to the slitting his wrists comment. If we look over his tenure, its an undoubted success and if this is his last, then i will certainly be going to the Craig part of my Bond boxset when i want my rush of Bond.

He's to Craig's return chaps and like many i cant wait to follow the progress on the shoot, pictures to come of filming and the excitement of trailers, posters, theme's and opening night.

I have goosebumps at the coming months of excitement on build up.

Paragraph over and out  ajb007/martini

4,135

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Number24 wrote:

Because of this it's unlikely that we have to wait long after Bond25 to learn who the next Bond actor is, like we endured before CR. Those who say Hiddleston is a done deal may very well be right. If not EON won't waste time screentesting and hiring the next actor. Either way I hope and believe we get to learn the name of the next Bond in 2020, after Bond25 has stopped screening in cinemas.

It may be wishful thinking on my part, but what if the back to back rumour is true... just that the second back to back film has a new Bond?

4,136

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

There are two possibilities for back to back shooting:

Like BTTF, the first sequel is shot, then a short break (3 weeks between filming of BTTF 2 and 3) before filming the second sequel.

Or, like Superman and Superman 2, shooting simultaneously, using the same sets and actors.

It's more likely - if it even is two back to back - to be the second option. I still don't see why the announcements and release date had to be announced 2 years before the film comes out - if they're only shooting one film, and the script is ready to go, why not release in 2018?

- To be fair, we don't know if the script is ready. I'm just presuming, because we know who the writers are and the fact it's going to be Craig's last, that there's at least some parts of a script/draft that can be completed ready for usual start date of production in December the year before release.

Last edited by MilleniumForce (16th Aug 2017 18:36)

1.LTK  2.AVTAK  3.OP  4.FYEO  5.TND  6.LALD  7.GE  8.GF  9.TSWLM  10.SPECTRE  11.SF  12.MR 13.YOLT  14.TLD  15.CR (06)  16.TMWTGG  17.TB  18.FRWL  19.TWINE  20.OHMSS  21.DAF  22.DAD  23.QoS  24.NSNA  25.DN  26.CR (67)

4,137

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

I think most advantages of filming back-to-back go away if you switch lead actor med race.
And wouldn't the audience wonder if they saw one actor as Bond in 2019 and see another allready the next year?

4,138

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Number24 wrote:

I think most advantages of filming back-to-back go away if you switch lead actor med race.
And wouldn't the audience wonder if they saw one actor as Bond in 2019 and see another allready the next year?

I agree.

4,139

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Number24 wrote:

I think most advantages of filming back-to-back go away if you switch lead actor med race.
And wouldn't the audience wonder if they saw one actor as Bond in 2019 and see another allready the next year?

I wouldn't think it even remotely possible that is what would happen. Back to back would only be done to get two films out of Craig.
Assuming that there is a new Bond actor for 26 there will be too many variables to be decided for a quick turnaround. I would guess
2022 for Bond 26. Hiddleston will be 41 by then which would probably take him out of the running. Even if Nolan takes the helm for a trio of films starting with 26, Tom Hardy will be 45 by then. So it looks like the next Bond after Craig isn't even on our radar screens now. Best to just focus on Bond 26 and hope EON gets back on its "A" game.

4,140

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

While I would prefer an actor in his mid-thirties, 41 doesn't have to be too old. Both Dalton and Brosnan were that age when they got the role, and Roger Moore was even older. It depends on how many movies Hiddleston makes and how fast he ages.

Last edited by Number24 (16th Aug 2017 19:14)

4,141

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

If a salary of £100m is true then it must be back to back movies it would be financial suicide to pay that for one movie.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

4,142

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

CoolHandBond wrote:

If a salary of £100m is true then it must be back to back movies it would be financial suicide to pay that for one movie.

I've not seen those sorts of figures bandied about  ajb007/amazed that's a ridiculous amount...even for two !

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

4,143

Re: Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Please continue discussion at https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/890816/#p890816  or  https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/890828/#p890828