126

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

Bond44 wrote:

This is where big companies miss the mark or point. They take a short term view and want pre order of 150 to consider doing it. Where as if they released it as the 10th Anniversay QOS edition I am pretty sure they would fly off the shelves because it would not be just Bond fans buying them. Thus the number they could sell could be much higher (like Barbour did with the Commander now making it part of the regular range same as TF and the Black shawl neck Cardi).

If they do not embrace the Bond connection then it’s a lost revenue opportunity if you ask me.

Cheers  ajb007/bond


True but by the time they set up all the patterns, find the material, marketing, shipping etc for a ltd run it may not really make much of an impact on their direct product sale revenue given the size of the company. What they are more likely to lose out on by not doing a ltd run is publicity and brand awareness which could of course have a bigger financial impact.

They would ultimately need to put it in to full production again for the season and getting a large number of interested parties from just one forum may be enough to sway them. Otherwise they may be gracious enough to accept enough orders just to cover costs for the fan base however I don't recall really seeing that much promo by them with regard to any Bond ties.

Getting on board whoever it was that offered to have a chat locally in Hamburg is probably a good idea especially if they have direct contacts at head office. You could also do some LinkedIn messaging. I have had success before going directly to CEO's of companies on there and just being open and honest rather than trying to breakthrough in the lower echelons.

127

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

HarveyMushman wrote:

I have had success before going directly to CEO's of companies on there and just being open and honest rather than trying to breakthrough in the lower echelons.

Being done already.

Last edited by Cajun (15th Aug 2018 20:16)

128

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

Does @Timiblade or anyone else know any way of getting in contact with a decision maker?

129

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

I usually don't answer to these messages but I think it's enough.
Does anyone read the POSTS ???
Some members are specialists to confuse anyone.
I'm talking with Gregor Abenstein, he's the head of Y-3, HE IS IN CHARGE AND NO ONE ELSE.

There is too much negativity. The staff of Y-3 are reading this thread. 
IF ANYONE can do better than me , then DO IT and stop confusing the others !

Last edited by timiblade (15th Aug 2018 12:59)

130

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

timiblade wrote:

I usually don't answer to these messages but I think it's enough.
Does anyone read the POSTS ???
Some members are specialists to confuse anyone.
I'm talking with Gregor Abenstein, he's the head of Y-3, HE IS IN CHARGE AND NO ONE ELSE.

There is too much negativity. The staff of Y-3 are reading this thread. 
IF ANYONE can do better than me , then DO IT and stop confusing the others !

timiblade i have sent you a pm!

Thanks,

Mike

131

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

MikeG77 wrote:
timiblade wrote:

I usually don't answer to these messages but I think it's enough.
Does anyone read the POSTS ???
Some members are specialists to confuse anyone.
I'm talking with Gregor Abenstein, he's the head of Y-3, HE IS IN CHARGE AND NO ONE ELSE.

There is too much negativity. The staff of Y-3 are reading this thread. 
IF ANYONE can do better than me , then DO IT and stop confusing the others !

timiblade i have sent you a pm!

Thanks,

Mike

Me too

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

132

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

Thank you for your efforts, timiblade.  Thank you to anyone and everyone who is assisting him in this endeavor.  I wish that there was something that I could do to offer tangible support, but there's honestly nothing that I can do other than offer gratitude, encouragement, and a commitment to purchase one of these jackets if this re-issue comes to fruition.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>TLD>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>SP>DAF>LTK>AVTAK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Dalton>Brosnan

133

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

Gymkata wrote:

Thank you for your efforts, timiblade.  Thank you to anyone and everyone who is assisting him in this endeavor.  I wish that there was something that I could do to offer tangible support, but there's honestly nothing that I can do other than offer gratitude, encouragement, and a commitment to purchase one of these jackets if this re-issue comes to fruition.

Well said Gymkata.  Couldn't have put it better myself.  The one thing I have learned with these projects is that patience is a virtue and anyone who takes up the mantle deserves the credit and the time to see it through.

Last edited by StiffassBrit (15th Aug 2018 23:04)

I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me

134

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

timiblade wrote:

I usually don't answer to these messages but I think it's enough.
Does anyone read the POSTS ???
Some members are specialists to confuse anyone.
I'm talking with Gregor Abenstein, he's the head of Y-3, HE IS IN CHARGE AND NO ONE ELSE.

There is too much negativity. The staff of Y-3 are reading this thread. 
IF ANYONE can do better than me , then DO IT and stop confusing the others !

Ouch. I guess that’s what it takes to get an update.

135

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

StiffassBrit wrote:
Gymkata wrote:

Thank you for your efforts, timiblade.  Thank you to anyone and everyone who is assisting him in this endeavor.  I wish that there was something that I could do to offer tangible support, but there's honestly nothing that I can do other than offer gratitude, encouragement, and a commitment to purchase one of these jackets if this re-issue comes to fruition.

Well said Gymkata.  Couldn't have put it better myself.  The one thing I have learned with these projects is that patience is a virtue and anyone who takes up the mantle deserves the credit and the time to see it through.

Perfectly stated. I agree wholeheartedly.

timiblade, you have my complete respect for attempting this project and for what you've done over at filmjackets. I hope you and the people at Y-3 aren't put off by the perpetually clueless.

136

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

Timiblade, Ignore the naysayers if this site has taught me anything it’s that anything is possible but it takes someone to make it happen and patience to see it through to the end. Of course everyone has an opinion and advice to offer (good and useless).

I have my grail now, would happily buy another the rest lies in the hands off Adidas/ Y3.

Good effort do stick with it for the eternal AJB community gratitude that will follow if you pull this off!  ajb007/biggrin

Cheers  ajb007/bond

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

137

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

Timiblade, having asked a perfectly reasonable question, I have been met with calls that I am stupid or inept for dare asking how can I help by getting in contact with somebody at Adidas or Y-3. Having said that, I’m sure your working tirelessly to bring this together and wanted to let you know you have my 100% support and if you need anything don’t hesitate to PM me.

138

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

QOS Y-3 Jacket Potential Run:
1. timiblade
2. Bond44
3. sunny01
4. MikeG77 (maybe 2)
5. Gymkata (maybe 2)
6. 006
7. gakgonen
8. coaram94
9. frommeyer
10. Westward_Drift
11. welshboy78
12. Agent Double-O Daniel
13. JTM
14. nafets47
15. MAGR007 (x2)
16. McCoy
17. 007JBDCMWR
18. GS
19. Bomber123
20. 007downunder
21. Greg137blue
22. Bondclothing (x2)
23. Commandant
24. Jared Nomak (3 or 4)
25. GaryD_007
26. CRB
27. Miles Messervy
28. kadd (x2)
29. Cajun
30. sruzgar (x2).
31. StiffassBrit (×2)
32. DBS
33. Tintin
34. -_Quantum_-
35. operas phantom
36. MikeD
37. Obi Sean Kenobi
38. RAINbowTRAIL
39. Wardlem
40. Bondpurist
41. Seven
42. Sidders
43. Bond_Ambitions (x2)
44. Flash
45. Juz10
46. AUTiger367
47. tomcrownaffair
48. Rocknrolla1960
49. Souhail Inane
50. Adam Donnelly
51. Armanxaiii
52. Isittorres
53. Mortensteingrimsen
54. Ilya Merab
55. MrEddy21
56. FRGNAFFAIRS (Maybe 2)
57. Monster

139

Re: Y-3 Quantum Of Solace Jacket Reissue

Thank you guys for your support. I will do my best.
Some people are like gangrene, they don't help at all. It's easy to criticize and it's difficult to actually do something.
We will succeed if we stay positive and (IF) we failed, at least we will say WE TRIED.
Everything is about trying as hard as you can. And success will happen.