1,326

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

So, when does the second part show on tv?

I‘ve finished the entire documentary and see nothing disrespectful against the UK people.
Some bad jokes from some aides, but no narcissm or arrogance.

My respect for Barnier and Verhofstadt grew and the negotiations have been very honest and respectful as far as I can see.

Just look at the 0:40 mark where some MPs are trying to flipside things about Ireland and put the blame on the EU and how he reacts.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

1,327

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

On our poublic broadcast channel the second episode is on Thursday. That's all I know.

1,328

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Fox News just interviewed Trump for the D-Day landings celebration, and obviously the US president lied.
“Secretary Stoltenberg has been maybe Trump’s biggest fan, to be honest with you,” Trump said. “He goes around telling — he made a speech the other day. He said, ‘Without Donald Trump, maybe there would be no NATO.’ ”
But there's a database of every speech and statement Stoltenberg has made as General Secretary of NATO and he never said such a thing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … eadebd066b

1,329

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

What is more appalling is the fact that with the graves of D-Day veterans in his back, he has nothing else in mind then putting nasty words about his main opponent, Nancy Pelosi.
And he's outraged by a comment that she wants to see in Jail. How can she do that to "Lock her Up" Trump.

Additionally it's reported that because of this Fox interview, he arrived too late at the ceremony, holding up everyone, including veterans and heads of states. Shows where his priorities really are....

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

1,330

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Chriscoop wrote:

I remember one Tony Blair berating Farage for his attitude towards the EU parliament, he got quite angry and said something along the lines of "that is no way to talk about our neighbours and Friends" seems some in the EU don't share Blairs sentiments either.

There is nothing more friendly attitude against your neighbors like threatening to put their economies in crisis with a Hard Brexit if they don‘t budge during the negotiations  ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/wink

And then bemoan ( wrongly) that they are out to punish you if that doesn‘t work.
I know 3 year olds that are better than this  ajb007/wink

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

1,331

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

No need to bring three year-olds into this, Higgins.

I'm no fan of president Duterte in the Philippines, the country did something I applaud the other day. They sent tonnes of rubbish falsely labeled as plastic back to Canada! The West should handle their own rubbish and make less of it too, not send it to poorer countries.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48455440

1,332

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Ok, I have 2 year olds who are better than this.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

1,333

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Stephen Fry on the Brexit Party's plans to turn Britain into a tax haven for the rich:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=st … ORM=VRDGAR

1,334

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

I find it funny that almost everyone  running for leader of
The Conservatives,  can't wait to confess to trying Drugs 
It's as if they're trying to out do each other.  ajb007/lol

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,335

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Higgins wrote:

What is more appalling is the fact that with the graves of D-Day veterans in his back, he has nothing else in mind then putting nasty words about his main opponent, Nancy Pelosi.
And he's outraged by a comment that she wants to see in Jail. How can she do that to "Lock her Up" Trump.

Additionally it's reported that because of this Fox interview, he arrived too late at the ceremony, holding up everyone, including veterans and heads of states. Shows where his priorities really are....

False Halle Jackson of NBC tweeted this  it went viral of course. Then Jonathan Lemire of AP ( no fan of Trump) stated the reason for the delay was Macron hadn’t arrived. Not surprisingly the correction did not receive the coverage that the erroneous report did

Anthony

1,336

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

You can hear at the end of the interview that Macron‘s helicopter arrives.
And it‘s a pretty long walk from the interview to the place where the celebrations are.

I‘d say that it would take him at least 15 minutes by walk or by car - but anyhow.
The interview shows what really was in his mind - no matter if he was holding up everyone ( would not be the first time) or not.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

1,337

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … oogle-news
Chuka Umunna after being Labour, then leaving to set up
Change UK, is to now be a Lib Dem. So obviously  a man of
Principle and great political convictions  ajb007/lol ...... or desperate
For a job.

Nice to see from the post above that even when, it's Macron
Who caused the delay, Some still twist the facts to blame
Trump   ajb007/biggrin

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,338

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Winston Churchill changed from the Tories to the Lib Dems and back to the Tories ….

1,339

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Number24 wrote:

Winston Churchill changed from the Tories to the Lib Dems and back to the Tories ….

Fundamental difference being that it wasn't over the course of circa 8 weeks of course ...  ajb007/wink

1,340

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

I can't see anything wrong in changing parties keeping in mind that that Tories and Labour are divided in half over their stand on Brexit.

This entire drama is going on for 3 years now (not counting the campaining) and Corbyn's role was more than embarrassing over that period. So if the change of mind developed over 8 weeks or 3 years, is debatable. I can't blame any MP for leaving both parties after the desaster that they have fabricated over the time.

Have any prominent Tory MPs changed to Ukip or Brexit Party* recently

*Will the Brexit Party run in any parliamentary election after a Brexit - and if yes, with which agenda I wonder

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

1,341

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Ens007 wrote:
Number24 wrote:

Winston Churchill changed from the Tories to the Lib Dems and back to the Tories ….

Fundamental difference being that it wasn't over the course of circa 8 weeks of course ...  ajb007/wink

True  ajb007/lol

In his defence, the parties and British politics has become very fractured and chaotic lately.

1,342

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

He also stood for Labour Leader, ...... before once again changing his
Mind and pulling out of the competition. So in my opinion he seems
very indecisive, just what you need when making decisions  ajb007/biggrin .....
..... So he'll be a perfect Lib Dem  ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,343

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

On the other hand you just know he'll be right about something at some point  ajb007/biggrin

1,344

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Where as, I'm Right All the time  ajb007/tongue

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,345

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Number24 wrote:

Winston Churchill changed from the Tories to the Lib Dems and back to the Tories ….

A small correction, N24:

It was the Liberal Party in those days and still a party of government up until 1922. It only became the Liberal Democrats in 1989 after the Social Democratic Party (a breakaway party from Labour formed in 1981) merged with the Liberals in 1988.

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

1,346

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

You're right, of course. It's been years since I read Jennings' biography so the mistake slipped in.

1,347

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Thunderpussy wrote:

I find it funny that almost everyone  running for leader of
The Conservatives,  can't wait to confess to trying Drugs 
It's as if they're trying to out do each other.  ajb007/lol

You don't have to have taken illegal drugs to run for the Tory leadership but it certainly helpsajb007/lol

Number24 wrote:

You're right, of course. It's been years since I read Jennings' biography so the mistake slipped in.

Not to worry, N24. We all make mistakes.  ajb007/smile

Last edited by Silhouette Man (9th Jun 2019 20:24)

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

1,348

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

A quote from Reginald Maudling when put in charge of N.Ireland

" Of course bring me a large scotch !  What a god awful  country "
ajb007/lol

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,349

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Thunderpussy wrote:

A quote from Reginald Maudling when put in charge of N.Ireland

" Of course bring me a large scotch !  What a god awful  country "
ajb007/lol

Yes, and it's a little known fact that Maudling was a friend of Ian Fleming's.  ajb007/martini

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

1,350

Re: The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Higgins wrote:

I can't see anything wrong in changing parties keeping in mind that that Tories and Labour are divided in half over their stand on Brexit.

This entire drama is going on for 3 years now (not counting the campaining) and Corbyn's role was more than embarrassing over that period. So if the change of mind developed over 8 weeks or 3 years, is debatable. I can't blame any MP for leaving both parties after the desaster that they have fabricated over the time.

Have any prominent Tory MPs changed to Ukip or Brexit Party* recently

*Will the Brexit Party run in any parliamentary election after a Brexit - and if yes, with which agenda I wonder

Anne Widdecombe has moved from tory to brexit, though she wasn't a serving MP she was a card carrying Tory.

It was either that.....or the priesthood