76

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Absolutely gutted I was in London for this with a ticket but couldn't make it due to my flight home  ajb007/frown    Literally had to leave Blair and Mr Eddy whilst they departed for the event all dressed up whilst I headed for the airport.

Going to have to source a few tickets to take the wife when I'm back over in August

Instagram - bondclothes007

77

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Blair, thanks for the Vlog, was great. I can't wait to go now. Just on a practical note, how many business cards do you think are needed? And drinks, 'chip and pin', (I've not seen that anywhere) Many thanks again.

Neil

78

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

The business cards is all up to you depending on how much your want to get involved, personally I didn't bother and I didn't see many either so experience wise didn't spoil it.
Believe me you know your in it by the conversations you have  ajb007/bond
Drinks paid on contactless cards, no cash paid

007 reporting for duty

79

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Fabulous thanks for that

80

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Hi Neil,

Yes, as Chris pointed out, you don't need business cards, it just adds to your back story when chatting to contacts.And the drinks can be carded, and are not expensive. £6 for a vesper, for example.

En-JOY!


Cheers,

Blair

Thomo wrote:

Blair, thanks for the Vlog, was great. I can't wait to go now. Just on a practical note, how many business cards do you think are needed? And drinks, 'chip and pin', (I've not seen that anywhere) Many thanks again.

Neil

Can you swim?

81

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Thanks Blair. That’s all good to hear. Business cards ready. A week Friday I’ll be there. Thanks again

Neil

82

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Meesta Bawnd wrote:

Hi Neil,

Yes, as Chris pointed out, you don't need business cards, it just adds to your back story when chatting to contacts.And the drinks can be carded, and are not expensive. £6 for a vesper, for example.

En-JOY!


Cheers,

Blair

Thomo wrote:

Blair, thanks for the Vlog, was great. I can't wait to go now. Just on a practical note, how many business cards do you think are needed? And drinks, 'chip and pin', (I've not seen that anywhere) Many thanks again.

Neil

Hi Blair,

Great vlog! I've also purchased the little black box pack, when you play poker at the table must you use your cards? And do you get them back?! Also, my partner doesn't really know how to play. Can she get away with just laying a card here or there or must she actually be able to play poker and know the rules of poker? Perhaps I'd better just ask her to walk behind me to distract the opposition! ajb007/lol  How long did you spend at the table?

Cheers ajb007/martini

"Any of the opposition around..?"

83

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Hi there. Right- just so I don't get accused of spoilers, here's my reply. It won't spoil the experience if you take a peek, just want to make sure that if you want to go in totally "blind" you can.


Spoiler When the staff tell you that the casino is now open (after about 1 1/2- 2hours into the pre-cinema experience), head to one of the tables. There is one large raised table, with Le Chiffre and the main players from the Texas Hold'em scene from the film, and one smaller table, with Dimitrios playing on it. We got there too late to actually play with them, so try and get there as quickly as you can, if you want to play with them. But I think that members of the public played a few hands, until their money ran out, and then new players could sit down and take their places. It is not essential to play poker, just another way to make money, and have a fun experience. You can also bid on a fight in Madagascar, and there are smaller poker games going on around the venue, which you can take part in. Not sure whether you can get your cards back. Didn't get that far, as we were running around making contacts. There is a lot to see and do! As to being able to play, on the smaller tables it all seemed quite convivial, so tell your other half not to worry too much. Dimitrios, on the other hand, was his usual grumpy self, and didn't look like he suffered fools to gladly!

So in essence, poker is just one small part of the whole experience. You don't need to take part, but maybe get a grasp of the basics if you want to take on Dimitrios or try to get on to the big table. The main thing is to just explore and have fun. 

I hope that helps.

Enjoy yourselves, and I look forward to hearing how you got on.

Cheers,

Blair

The Red Kind wrote:
Meesta Bawnd wrote:

Hi Neil,

Yes, as Chris pointed out, you don't need business cards, it just adds to your back story when chatting to contacts.And the drinks can be carded, and are not expensive. £6 for a vesper, for example.

En-JOY!


Cheers,

Blair

Thomo wrote:

Blair, thanks for the Vlog, was great. I can't wait to go now. Just on a practical note, how many business cards do you think are needed? And drinks, 'chip and pin', (I've not seen that anywhere) Many thanks again.

Neil

Hi Blair,

Great vlog! I've also purchased the little black box pack, when you play poker at the table must you use your cards? And do you get them back?! Also, my partner doesn't really know how to play. Can she get away with just laying a card here or there or must she actually be able to play poker and know the rules of poker? Perhaps I'd better just ask her to walk behind me to distract the opposition! ajb007/lol  How long did you spend at the table?

Cheers ajb007/martini

Can you swim?

84

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Thanks Blair. ajb007/bond

"Any of the opposition around..?"

85

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Right at the end of blairs vlog you can see me taking a photo of the Casino Royale entrance 
Ah famous at last  ajb007/bond

007 reporting for duty

86

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

It sounds incredible. Really looking forward to my visit.

Did anyone get the VIP gift bag? Does it include the items from the Mission Kit? If not, I might buy the Kit...

I am not a number, I am a free man.

87

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

No unfortunately not , the VIP gift bag was a bit disappointing , just snacks and chocs

Number Six wrote:

It sounds incredible. Really looking forward to my visit.

Did anyone get the VIP gift bag? Does it include the items from the Mission Kit? If not, I might buy the Kit...

007 reporting for duty

88

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Oh... That's disappointing. I get the feeling maybe the added value of the VIP ticket isn't worth it? I guess I'll find out. Thanks for answering, Chris.

Another question if I may... Can a group of people with different colours go through the whole experience together? Or do they have to be separated and do different things depending on their colour?

chriscollins007 wrote:

No unfortunately not , the VIP gift bag was a bit disappointing , just snacks and chocs

Number Six wrote:

It sounds incredible. Really looking forward to my visit.

Did anyone get the VIP gift bag? Does it include the items from the Mission Kit? If not, I might buy the Kit...

I am not a number, I am a free man.

89

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Based on Secret Cinemas I’ve been to before (this will be my fifth or sixth), no - you won’t be split up and will go through it together. I’m going on Saturday - can’t wait.  ajb007/bond

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

90

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

No- you can all meet up inside and work and play together. You may have different targets to look for initially, but you could, in fact, pool your resources, so to speak, and help each other out.

Have fun...

Can you swim?

91

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Went with the Hubby last Sunday! We had a pretty good time, I truly loved the sets/environment and interacting with some of the actors. We had a bit of trouble getting information and finding people for our mission (some people telling us to go one way, then back another, we were going in circles for a while) which was a bit frustrating with the number of people who were attending.  For ladies wearing heels, there was a lot of up/down the stairs... I was secretly glad I was wearing flats under my gown.  ajb007/lol  Overall, I enjoyed the experience none the less.

The VIP bags were sad, there was a small box of lindt chocolates, a bag of salted caramel popcorn and some olives. I was hoping there would be something exclusive but there wasn't. The only thing awesome about the VIP bags was the bag itself.

The location of the VIP seats during the movie were really far up, unfortunately that also made it kind of hard to see some of the action during the movie. So if you don't have VIP, highly recommend sitting as close to the front as possible!

When the event was over, I poked over to the merchandise being sold outside. They had Skyfall Inspired SIS Training jackets made out of sweatshirt material for about 40 pounds if I recall, they had a 007 embroidered logo on one of the arms and it runs a bit small. I was also told they're going to have Secret Cinema posters for sale as well (they were taking pre-orders at the moment).

Wishing those are going later lots of fun!

Last edited by lilusako (13th Jun 2019 21:57)

92

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

I went to Secret Cinema on June 5, opening night, as well. Had an absolute blast. Super immersive and a lot of fun. Downside is that the place holds a lot of people. It gets crowded and stuffy in there. But my experience made it worth it. See spoilers for how my time went....SPOILERS!!!

Spoiler I was on Q Branch team Cyber (purple), and was given instructions that my contact was last seen in Miami. I had also bought the mission kit as well, called the number on the back of the Universal Exports business card inside it before the event, and was told that I should look for someone who liked to drink gin. I spoke with a very obvious actor at the Miami airport bar who was greeting everyone, drink in hand. After some small talk, he asked if I liked to play poker. I told him I did. He then asked if I was any good and could win if I was able to play. I said I was, and I could. He then pulled me aside, said he was part of Operation Wildcard, and could get me in to a place to play poker and get vital information. He gave me $25,000 in the fake money they handed out, and ushered me to the Casino Royale set, where "Le Chiffre" was playing against 4 other people (non-actor attendees like me), as well as "Madam Wu" from the film. It took the $25K to buy into the game. I played well, chatted up with the actor, and also got to be part of Le Chiffre's business deals with "Gettler" and "Dimitrios". I spent nearly the entire 3 hours I had before the movie started playing cards with Le Chiffre, and negotiating deals for him with other main actors in the experience. It was amazing! I was at the main Casino Royale table when the action set piece took place which then kicked off the film screening. Just awesome...it was such a great experience!

93

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

So ready for tonight
https://i.postimg.cc/1n2QNTvh/9-FD90-EC8-1-B25-45-DF-8702-052-A4-C2-D9-B7-B.jpg

94

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Have a great time Thomo! ajb007/martini

"Any of the opposition around..?"

95

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

The Red Kind wrote:

Have a great time Thomo! ajb007/martini

Many thanks. All I can say is wow. It’s fantastic. My tip is as per others. Sit at the front for the screening. We were in the front row, and it was great. Well worth the money. I certainly hope they do another one soon.

96

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Great to hear that those of you who have been have enjoyed it - looking forward to going in August (travelling too much with work to go any earlier!).

My wife is sorting her outfit so could those who have attended help me out please? Are the majority in evening wear ie dinner suit (tuxedo) for the guys and ball gowns/evening dress for the ladies?

Worry is a dividend paid to disaster before it is due. OHMSS

97

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

The night I went 99% of people were dressed up. Lots dinner suits and evening dresses on show. So worth dressing up for. Hope you enjoy it

98

Re: Secret Cinema presents Casino Royale in 2019

Ditto, almost everyone was in evening dress but there were some great alternatives (presumably for those whose ‘cover story’ was the Fashion Impresario). If you buy the accessory pack you get a nifty colour-coded top pocket handkerchief to co-ordinate with your character.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."