1

Topic: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

So, he‘s using Cumbria Grasmere glasses after the stairway fight, have we ever identified the caraffe where the whisky is coming from?

Sorry, if that has been discussed before

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

2

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Looks like a square waterford to me, either marquis or lismore maybe.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

3

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

When I bought my Cumbria Grasmere glasses, I just bought the matching decanter to go with it. Not screen accurate but it also makes a lot of sense to have a matching set.

A related item I'd love to have identified- Spectre, in Bond's flat, he has a nice little ice bucket on the table. I've never heard any discussion of that at all...

4

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Arbogast777 wrote:

When I bought my Cumbria Grasmere glasses, I just bought the matching decanter to go with it. Not screen accurate but it also makes a lot of sense to have a matching set.

A related item I'd love to have identified- Spectre, in Bond's flat, he has a nice little ice bucket on the table. I've never heard any discussion of that at all...

I never even noticed the ice bucket!

5

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Would you recommend to use the decanter, especially if you drink whiskey seldomly ?

6

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

I've been looking for Waterford caraffes (which was my guess, too) and Lismore seems to be the right direction.

However I fail to find the exact pattern.

https://share-your-photo.com/img/8e85948b5e.png

https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/6/optimized/8377166_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=500&hei=613&fit=fit,1&$filtersm$

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

7

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Arbogast777 wrote:

When I bought my Cumbria Grasmere glasses, I just bought the matching decanter to go with it. Not screen accurate but it also makes a lot of sense to have a matching set.

A related item I'd love to have identified- Spectre, in Bond's flat, he has a nice little ice bucket on the table. I've never heard any discussion of that at all...

What about the other items in his flat such as the books and paintings. Have any of these ever been formally identified?

"Any of the opposition around..?"

8

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Higgins wrote:

So, he‘s using Cumbria Grasmere glasses after the stairway fight, have we ever identified the caraffe where the whisky is coming from?

Sorry, if that has been discussed before

Closest I can find;

https://www.amazon.com/Marquis-Waterfor … B01N418VP7

"Any of the opposition around..?"

9

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Arbogast777 wrote:

When I bought my Cumbria Grasmere glasses, I just bought the matching decanter to go with it. Not screen accurate but it also makes a lot of sense to have a matching set.

A related item I'd love to have identified- Spectre, in Bond's flat, he has a nice little ice bucket on the table. I've never heard any discussion of that at all...

I brought up the ice bucket around the time the film was released but didn't get far.

10

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

The Red Kind wrote:
Arbogast777 wrote:

When I bought my Cumbria Grasmere glasses, I just bought the matching decanter to go with it. Not screen accurate but it also makes a lot of sense to have a matching set.

A related item I'd love to have identified- Spectre, in Bond's flat, he has a nice little ice bucket on the table. I've never heard any discussion of that at all...

What about the other items in his flat such as the books and paintings. Have any of these ever been formally identified?

There was this article about the books:

http://www.007.info/licensed-to-read-wh … okshelves/

Dennis Gassner was the production designer. So maybe if you search his name and "SPECTRE" you can find more info about the apartment set? I remember there being quite a few articles about it when the film first came out.

11

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

walther p99 wrote:

I brought up the ice bucket around the time the film was released but didn't get far.

It appears we've been here before  ajb007/cheers


https://i.postimg.cc/CBNPvSdr/E92355-BD-5-F88-4911-ACD0-91-A6-E72-AD292.jpg

12

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

canoe2 wrote:
The Red Kind wrote:
Arbogast777 wrote:

When I bought my Cumbria Grasmere glasses, I just bought the matching decanter to go with it. Not screen accurate but it also makes a lot of sense to have a matching set.

A related item I'd love to have identified- Spectre, in Bond's flat, he has a nice little ice bucket on the table. I've never heard any discussion of that at all...

What about the other items in his flat such as the books and paintings. Have any of these ever been formally identified?

There was this article about the books:

http://www.007.info/licensed-to-read-wh … okshelves/

Dennis Gassner was the production designer. So maybe if you search his name and "SPECTRE" you can find more info about the apartment set? I remember there being quite a few articles about it when the film first came out.

Thank you ajb007/martini

"Any of the opposition around..?"

13

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Arbogast777 wrote:
walther p99 wrote:

I brought up the ice bucket around the time the film was released but didn't get far.

It appears we've been here before  ajb007/cheers


https://i.postimg.cc/CBNPvSdr/E92355-BD-5-F88-4911-ACD0-91-A6-E72-AD292.jpg

I guess we're the only two interested in it ajb007/lol

14

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Yes, and as this is

a) about Spectre
b) about an icebucket and
c) about other items
d) in Bond‘s private apartment

So totally unrelated to the topic


Why don‘t you start another thread?

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

15

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Higgins wrote:

Yes, and as this is

a) about Spectre
b) about an icebucket and
c) about other items
d) in Bond‘s private apartment

So totally unrelated to the topic


Why don‘t you start another thread?

https://i.postimg.cc/ts8pVwSW/08552-F43-EE90-4-E5-C-82-A3-72917795-EB80.gif

16

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Higgins, for clarity, could you rename this thread “Casino Royale carafe/decanter but not ice bucket ” please?  ajb007/biggrin

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

17

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

ajb007/mad  Thin ice, C&D

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

18

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

19

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Arbogast777 wrote:
Higgins wrote:

Yes, and as this is

a) about Spectre
b) about an icebucket and
c) about other items
d) in Bond‘s private apartment

So totally unrelated to the topic


Why don‘t you start another thread?

https://i.postimg.cc/ts8pVwSW/08552-F43-EE90-4-E5-C-82-A3-72917795-EB80.gif

I wonder what brand of cigar he was smoking in that scene.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

20

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Something like this?


https://i.postimg.cc/VrHwLqfB/decanter.jpg

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6

21

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Is that triangular?

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

22

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Higgins wrote:

Is that triangular?

No. Classic round cigar shape.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

23

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Higgins wrote:

Is that triangular?

I don’t think so.......it’s a vintage Stuart crystal square decanter

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6

24

Re: Casino Royale caraffe/decanter

Asp9mm wrote:
Higgins wrote:

Is that triangular?

No. Classic round cigar shape.

ajb007/lol