401

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

I love OB gear, in fact I own over 50 items of their clothing. I’ve come close but I’ve managed to resist the Bond collection. The prices are just too expensive for my liking.

Yes. Considerably!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukey_sparrow/

402

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Enjoying Death wrote:

I love OB's stuff, but they are seriously trying to gouge us with the prices of all the Bond items. OB is great stuff, but they are starting to creep into TF price ranges now. No thanks.  ajb007/martini

They absolutely are. The value certainly isn’t there for a lot of the Bond stuff. I got the Thunderball and DAF shirts but just wasn’t able to pull the trigger on the merino polo - it was hard to justify paying that price for OB and with imitation MOP buttons to boot. I did have an itch for a similar shirt and ended up instead purchasing a merino long sleeve polo from Tom Ford which, funny enough, after discount ended up being GBP295 - the exact price of the OB Thunderball polo  ajb007/lol

403

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

I was originally going to buy one or two pieces of the 007 OB collection (Thunderball Polo & Goldfinger swim shorts) however I am off to Cancun and Florida in August and since I get 20% off (no VAT) I ended up buying the lot except the Onsie and Safari jacket. 

I have been away from home and my OB packages were waiting for me so I could not resist popping into Selfridges and trying on the collection including the Safari shirt / Jacket.  Tempted but I resisted a private try of the Onsie in the fitting room ajb007/lol

Here are some pics of mine (mix of Selfridges and my own purchased when I got home)

Thunderball Polo XXL - sized up in this one.  Very luxurious but feels so delicate also!   I think this garment would need a fair bit of care and must say its probably the most overpriced of the collection.  I saw its price in dollars and thought "holy   Brexit !"

AVTAK Jacket - XXL.  Tried on the XL in Selfridges (largest they had) and was glad I sized up in this one as tight on the chest.  Pic is XXL at home

Golden Gun Safari - did not order this one but I surprisingly really liked it, however not sure where I would wear it.

OHMSS - XXL.  Too big for me so sending back, very cool idea / choice though from Orlebar!

Dr No Robe - XL.   Love it but man its heavy!!!!  Think it would bring down my wardrobe rail  ajb007/biggrin

Dr No Polo - XXL.  Prob wouldn't wear this except the beach / Pool in a hot exotic location lol   So vibrant and comfy.  Love the rib details on collar and arm banding.

Thunderball Shirt XL and Shorts 36 - Love this one, perfect for the holiday

Thunderball Swim Shorts 34 - cool but I will send back for 36 (experimented with this one to see if I could size down)

DAF shirt XL - also ordered a XXL since knew this one was in demand (before I knew of restock).   XL wears perfect, did not try XXL and returning.   Also tried on a friends L and it worked also due to the stretchy fabric, however it was not as comfy so went with the XL as shown below.

Thunderball Espadrilles UK 11 - cant get my feet in all (as shown below) size 12 on the way!!!


https://i.postimg.cc/1zyfy4K3/11-C05-AD7-157-D-4-A6-A-8-AD8-A5-D5-BF353-C8-A.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/1X88bTr0/8-FE25-B0-C-8732-4-B55-B471-7-B958964-FC29.jpg

Last edited by welshboy78 (7th Jun 2019 21:28)

Instagram - bondclothes007

404

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

You're a good clothes horse. Everything Really suits you and fits you really well.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

405

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Agreed, collection looks great on you Welshie. And honestly, you really should’ve donned the onesie and strolled around Selfridges!

Murder | Employment.

406

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

SenorJon21 wrote:
Enjoying Death wrote:

I love OB's stuff, but they are seriously trying to gouge us with the prices of all the Bond items. OB is great stuff, but they are starting to creep into TF price ranges now. No thanks.  ajb007/martini

They absolutely are. The value certainly isn’t there for a lot of the Bond stuff. I got the Thunderball and DAF shirts but just wasn’t able to pull the trigger on the merino polo - it was hard to justify paying that price for OB and with imitation MOP buttons to boot. I did have an itch for a similar shirt and ended up instead purchasing a merino long sleeve polo from Tom Ford which, funny enough, after discount ended up being GBP295 - the exact price of the OB Thunderball polo  ajb007/lol

Smedley has a good option as well. It’s a Bond brand, has some heritage, costs a fraction of the OB (and TF), and the quality is probably at least as good.

407

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Smedley's quality is fantastic. Their Noah polo is a good stand-in for the Spectre polo.

408

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Miles Messervy wrote:
SenorJon21 wrote:
Enjoying Death wrote:

I love OB's stuff, but they are seriously trying to gouge us with the prices of all the Bond items. OB is great stuff, but they are starting to creep into TF price ranges now. No thanks.  ajb007/martini

They absolutely are. The value certainly isn’t there for a lot of the Bond stuff. I got the Thunderball and DAF shirts but just wasn’t able to pull the trigger on the merino polo - it was hard to justify paying that price for OB and with imitation MOP buttons to boot. I did have an itch for a similar shirt and ended up instead purchasing a merino long sleeve polo from Tom Ford which, funny enough, after discount ended up being GBP295 - the exact price of the OB Thunderball polo  ajb007/lol

Smedley has a good option as well. It’s a Bond brand, has some heritage, costs a fraction of the OB (and TF), and the quality is probably at least as good.

I forgot about JS clothing actually. Thanks for the reminder and I agree it's great quality clothing and much cheaper than OB.  ajb007/martini

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

409

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

I've got their Noah in a couple of colours, but isn't it a short sleeve with no buttons? Just having another look at their site. Wouldn't either the Belper, Cotswold or Dorset in midnight be a closer match, possibly?

https://www.johnsmedley.com/uk/mens/sho … wool-shirt

https://www.johnsmedley.com/uk/mens/sho … wool-shirt

https://www.johnsmedley.com/uk/mens/sho … wool-shirt



HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

Smedley's quality is fantastic. Their Noah polo is a good stand-in for the Spectre polo.

Can you swim?

410

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Only adding this here because it seems people are looking for comparable alternatives

https://aurelien-online.com/collections … -polo-navy

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0103/3987/6928/products/aurelien_knitwear_merino_polo_poloshirt_men_navy_polo_merino_truien_heren_mannen_pullover_blauw_luxe_zegna_baruffa_h-3_1000x.jpg?v=1555500580

Made in Italy from Zegna merino wool. €135, so about $225 less than the OB.

Also comes in black:

https://aurelien-online.com/collections … polo-black

411

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Meesta Bawnd wrote:

I've got their Noah in a couple of colours, but isn't it a short sleeve with no buttons? Just having another look at their site. Wouldn't either the Belper, Cotswold or Dorset in midnight be a closer match, possibly?

https://www.johnsmedley.com/uk/mens/sho … wool-shirt

https://www.johnsmedley.com/uk/mens/sho … wool-shirt

https://www.johnsmedley.com/uk/mens/sho … wool-shirt



HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

Smedley's quality is fantastic. Their Noah polo is a good stand-in for the Spectre polo.

Yeah, I said it's a match for the SPECTRE polo, as we'd veered a little off. But they have so many options I was sure they'd have a Thunderball long-sleeve polo match in there as well.

412

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Oops. Missed that! Yup, all went a but off piste. But I do love the Noah.

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:
Meesta Bawnd wrote:

I've got their Noah in a couple of colours, but isn't it a short sleeve with no buttons? Just having another look at their site. Wouldn't either the Belper, Cotswold or Dorset in midnight be a closer match, possibly?

https://www.johnsmedley.com/uk/mens/sho … wool-shirt

https://www.johnsmedley.com/uk/mens/sho … wool-shirt

https://www.johnsmedley.com/uk/mens/sho … wool-shirt



HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

Smedley's quality is fantastic. Their Noah polo is a good stand-in for the Spectre polo.

Yeah, I said it's a match for the SPECTRE polo, as we'd veered a little off. But they have so many options I was sure they'd have a Thunderball long-sleeve polo match in there as well.

Can you swim?

413

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

15% Discount for new customers
Bond stuff not included

https://orlebarbrown.mention-me.com/m/o … yan-barber

By the way' the name is  "James St. John smythe"  I'm English

414

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Safari Jacket, eh?  ajb007/shifty

welshboy78 wrote:

Golden Gun Safari - did not order this one but I surprisingly really liked it, however not sure where I would wear

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

415

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Higgins wrote:

Safari Jacket, eh?  ajb007/shifty

welshboy78 wrote:

Golden Gun Safari - did not order this one but I surprisingly really liked it, however not sure where I would wear

What you call it higgy?

Instagram - bondclothes007

416

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

A Safari Jacket  ajb007/tongue

I am just asking where that young rebellian Welshie has gone....
The rebellian who chose green Sub over the established black Sub  ajb007/tongue  and now he‘s buying Safari Jackets and a Nautilus  ajb007/biggrin

It can‘t get anything more Establishment than this  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

417

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Higgins wrote:

A Safari Jacket  ajb007/tongue

I am just asking where that young rebellian Welshie has gone....
The rebellian who chose green Sub over the established black Sub  ajb007/tongue  and now he‘s buying Safari Jackets and a Nautilus  ajb007/biggrin

It can‘t get anything more Establishment than this  ajb007/biggrin

Not bought one of them Magnum PI shirts yet!!!   ajb007/biggrin

PS - didnt buy Safari but tempted lol

Maybe I should grab it and pair it with a Green Sub.  Miss that watch!! ajb007/frown

Instagram - bondclothes007

418

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

https://i.postimg.cc/08CwmQkq/gettyimages-725603337-594x594.jpg

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

419

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

ajb007/lol

Instagram - bondclothes007

420

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Higgins wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/08CwmQkq/gettyimages-725603337-594x594.jpg

What does this post have to do with Orlebar Brown?!?!

ajb007/shifty

421

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

canoe2 wrote:
Higgins wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/08CwmQkq/gettyimages-725603337-594x594.jpg

What does this post have to do with Orlebar Brown?!?!

ajb007/shifty

It’s a photos of Higgins new outfit, he has just pasted Moore’s face onto it to try and Convince Orlebar Brown it’s a Bond item and copy him as a style icon.

From his last photos OB have added this to there collection by Higgins influence!
https://i.postimg.cc/Q9kvzcPJ/2-F8-E0-CFC-E092-48-E1-B8-A0-7-AD31-C02-A289.jpg

422

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

canoe2 wrote:
Higgins wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/08CwmQkq/gettyimages-725603337-594x594.jpg

What does this post have to do with Orlebar Brown?!?!

ajb007/shifty

Everything.

423

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

jared_nomak wrote:
canoe2 wrote:
Higgins wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/08CwmQkq/gettyimages-725603337-594x594.jpg

What does this post have to do with Orlebar Brown?!?!

ajb007/shifty

It’s a photos of Higgins new outfit, he has just pasted Moore’s face onto it to try and Convince Orlebar Brown it’s a Bond item and copy him as a style icon.

From his last photos OB have added this to there collection by Higgins influence!
https://i.postimg.cc/Q9kvzcPJ/2-F8-E0-CFC-E092-48-E1-B8-A0-7-AD31-C02-A289.jpg

No doubt to be paired with their new powder blue denim lounge suit  ajb007/amazed

Miles Messervy wrote:

Everything.

Upon closer inspection I can see that now ...

424

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

Well this is more than mildly frustrating. The Goldfinger Shorts are going to set you back a pretty penny. These were the ones that I was holding out for. Better start saving, and hope they don't sell out too quickly:

https://i.postimg.cc/bsg1JMQ0/STILLLIFE-GOLDFINDER-SETTER.jpg


https://www.orlebarbrown.com/vip-007/go … goldfinger

Can you swim?

425

Re: Brown, Orlebar Brown

jared_nomak wrote:

From his last photos OB have added this to there collection by Higgins influence!
https://i.postimg.cc/Q9kvzcPJ/2-F8-E0-CFC-E092-48-E1-B8-A0-7-AD31-C02-A289.jpg

Those look wonderful, must order them!
ajb007/cool

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!