1,601

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Someone wrote:

Ana De Armas to restart NTTD filming in THREE weeks. End of September return for lovely Ana.
https://deadline.com/2019/09/tom-hanks- … 202728868/

Makes sense - must be when main cast return back from Italy.   Believe 2nd unit member confirmed yesterday they had finished in Matera and 1st unit now have 3 week shoot out there. 

DC has arrived by looks of social media

Instagram - bondclothes007

1,602

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

caractacus potts wrote:
walther p99 wrote:

Craig was again asked at Tiff if this was his last Bond film and he said "oh I think so yeah"

I hadn't realised Craig would be at TIFF, but so he is, promoting Knives Out, which also stars Ana de Armas.
I usually stay well away from that event, as it completely messes up traffic in the downtown core and I don't care about all those celebrities.
But now I know I missed seeing James Bond in the flesh I'm questioning my priorities in life!

Its a problem with having too much knowlege that we know when scenes were filmed and who was there. I will have to try and forget that i know that DC was in Toronto when the stunt was filmed. Of course he cannot be expected to do anything like that dangerous looking bike stunt  but it does somehow undermine the suspension of disbelief that he wasn't even there.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

1,603

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

"Its a problem with having too much knowlege that we know when scenes were filmed and who was there. I will have to try and forget that i know that DC was in Toronto when the stunt was filmed. Of course he cannot be expected to do anything like that dangerous looking bike stunt  but it does somehow undermine the suspension of disbelief that he wasn't even there."

Not sure if it's even Bond who's supposed to be on the bike during that stunt.

1,604

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

HowardB wrote:

"Its a problem with having too much knowlege that we know when scenes were filmed and who was there. I will have to try and forget that i know that DC was in Toronto when the stunt was filmed. Of course he cannot be expected to do anything like that dangerous looking bike stunt  but it does somehow undermine the suspension of disbelief that he wasn't even there."

Not sure if it's even Bond who's supposed to be on the bike during that stunt.

Well, it won't be a surprise if it is or isn't. If we see him wear that outfit we know he'll jump off a bridge at some point. After he has a db5 car chase.

1,605

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

People have talked alot about that they haven’t seen much of Malek on bond 25 production. But where is Billy Magnussen? ajb007/lol

1,606

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

The Vantage is in Italy, pictured in Sapri... Make of that, what you will. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Oi5hZIDKE … _copy_link

1,607

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

zaphod99 wrote:
caractacus potts wrote:
walther p99 wrote:

Craig was again asked at Tiff if this was his last Bond film and he said "oh I think so yeah"

I hadn't realised Craig would be at TIFF, but so he is, promoting Knives Out, which also stars Ana de Armas.
I usually stay well away from that event, as it completely messes up traffic in the downtown core and I don't care about all those celebrities.
But now I know I missed seeing James Bond in the flesh I'm questioning my priorities in life!

Its a problem with having too much knowlege that we know when scenes were filmed and who was there. I will have to try and forget that i know that DC was in Toronto when the stunt was filmed. Of course he cannot be expected to do anything like that dangerous looking bike stunt  but it does somehow undermine the suspension of disbelief that he wasn't even there.

Completely agree. It's one thing having a stunt person, but knowing the lead actor wasn't even around, and the actor's face has just been superimposed for even less intense scenes, is annoying.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

1,608

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

The Red Kind wrote:
zaphod99 wrote:
caractacus potts wrote:

I hadn't realised Craig would be at TIFF, but so he is, promoting Knives Out, which also stars Ana de Armas.
I usually stay well away from that event, as it completely messes up traffic in the downtown core and I don't care about all those celebrities.
But now I know I missed seeing James Bond in the flesh I'm questioning my priorities in life!

Its a problem with having too much knowlege that we know when scenes were filmed and who was there. I will have to try and forget that i know that DC was in Toronto when the stunt was filmed. Of course he cannot be expected to do anything like that dangerous looking bike stunt  but it does somehow undermine the suspension of disbelief that he wasn't even there.

Completely agree. It's one thing having a stunt person, but knowing the lead actor wasn't even around, and the actor's face has just been superimposed for even less intense scenes, is annoying.

Couldn't agree with you more - exactly my thoughts. Makes me have more respect for someone like Tom Cruise, and it dampens my enthusiasm when he has not even been around it seems other than to do non-action sequences after he hurt his ankle.  Maybe he was so annoyed after the last movie that this was how they placated him by saying he only has to be around piecemeal for this movie so the filming schedule will be less intensive?

Based on this we could have DC doing way more Bond movies as they will just have to CGI his face ajb007/smile

The way things are moving they will not need actors anymore!!

Last edited by sunny01 (10th Sep 2019 11:54)

1,609

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

sunny01 wrote:

The way things are moving they will not need actors anymore!!

One could argue that is already the case.  ajb007/lol

1,610

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Seems to be Craig behind the wheel of the AM today. Don't know who is next to him, but there are 2 ladies wearing the same dress. Stand-in for someone blonde or brunette?


https://i.postimg.cc/WhW9q8jz/18292434-7447191-image-m-58-1568110621661.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/JsspNX4q/18292440-7447191-image-m-72-1568111128483.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/DSRBBzSK/18292468-7447191-image-a-29-1568109944556.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/f3X5FhdS/18292470-7447191-image-m-25-1568109340055.jpg

1,611

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

I think the blonde in the red dress is Lea's stunt double.

1,612

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

The Red Kind wrote:
zaphod99 wrote:
caractacus potts wrote:

I hadn't realised Craig would be at TIFF, but so he is, promoting Knives Out, which also stars Ana de Armas.
I usually stay well away from that event, as it completely messes up traffic in the downtown core and I don't care about all those celebrities.
But now I know I missed seeing James Bond in the flesh I'm questioning my priorities in life!

Its a problem with having too much knowledge that we know when scenes were filmed and who was there. I will have to try and forget that i know that DC was in Toronto when the stunt was filmed. Of course he cannot be expected to do anything like that dangerous looking bike stunt  but it does somehow undermine the suspension of disbelief that he wasn't even there.

Completely agree. It's one thing having a stunt person, but knowing the lead actor wasn't even around, and the actor's face has just been superimposed for even less intense scenes, is annoying.

Daniel Craig is not a professional stunt driver. Expecting Craig to do any kind of driving stunts would make no sense on many levels plus I am sure that the film's insurance policy is pretty explicit in what Craig is allowed to do stunt wise, including falling from bridges, etc. Frankly, I am a bit surprised that they are allowing him to do any actual driving at all (these days cars are usually towed or a double is used for even the most mundane driving scenes). There's a nice little documentary on YouTube about the great stunt woman, Zoe Bell, and from the behind the scenes footage, even going back to the Kill Bill films, CGI'ing actor's faces onto stunt doubles is the norm these days. Super hero films are even easier since most of them are in masks, etc anyway. Getting back to Craig and NTTD, I am sure when all is said and done Craig will have done his fair share of action and stunts. If seeing stunt doubles doing stuff with dots on their faces is kind of destroying the magic and suspension of disbelief, you might want to avoid this thread....as I may do at this point. Also, don't fall into the Tom Cruise trap. Cruise is a big outlier here as what he does is very rare to say the least. Slagging Craig for not doing what Cruise does would be a bit over the top IMO. Remember, Craig did injure his ankle running on a dock shooting an action scene.......it's not swinging from a skyscraper like Cruise did but it's not unusual for actors to use a double for even relatively simple running scenes.

Last edited by HowardB (10th Sep 2019 18:27)

1,613

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a … blood.html

ajb007/martini

1,614

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Good to see some blood on Bond  ajb007/bond  Hopefully they are back back to realistic effect of violence as seen in CR, rather than the cartoonish, not a scratch SPECTRE.

1,615

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Copied from the link:
as he donned a cornflower blue shirt over his hunky torso and which he had tucked into a pair of off-white trousers.


I wonder if the writer has a small crush on Craig?

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

1,616

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

This is pure speculation, but I've thought about how I'd like NTTD to end. I'm assuming a few things here (some of which may be spoilerish, which is why I'm putting this post in this thread). First, that Bond kept his London apartment from SPECTRE. Second, it was his house that was blown up in Jamaica. Third, he and Madeleine are no longer together at the end. And fourth, this is Craig's last film (and it's not a two parter).

So the ending: Bond is quietly recognized for his work and commitment to the service. He's offered a knighthood (or a similar honor), which would be kept secret and which he declines. There's a little fuss at MI6: some kind words from M wishing him well, a teary eyed Moneypenny, a bad joke from Q. Bond stays stone faced through most of it, maybe a quip or two, and then quietly says his goodbyes and leaves the service for good. Drives off in his DB5.

Final scene is Bond walking into his dark London apartment alone. There's no music over this scene. He takes off his suit jacket, loosens his tie and pours himself a large Macallen. Sits on his couch and, after a minute, looks at the "box of memories" from SPECTRE that's on the coffee table. Bond slowly leans over, picks up the box, leans back and opens it. Takes a drink of whisky and, after digging around a little, slowly pulls a photo out of the box. Last shot is a closeup of Bond looking at it. We (the audience) never get to see who's in the photo. Camera stays on him for 5 or 6 seconds. Then it cuts to black.

That's it.

1,617

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

HowardB wrote:
The Red Kind wrote:
zaphod99 wrote:

Its a problem with having too much knowledge that we know when scenes were filmed and who was there. I will have to try and forget that i know that DC was in Toronto when the stunt was filmed. Of course he cannot be expected to do anything like that dangerous looking bike stunt  but it does somehow undermine the suspension of disbelief that he wasn't even there.

Completely agree. It's one thing having a stunt person, but knowing the lead actor wasn't even around, and the actor's face has just been superimposed for even less intense scenes, is annoying.

Daniel Craig is not a professional stunt driver. Expecting Craig to do any kind of driving stunts would make no sense on many levels plus I am sure that the film's insurance policy is pretty explicit in what Craig is allowed to do stunt wise, including falling from bridges, etc. Frankly, I am a bit surprised that they are allowing him to do any actual driving at all (these days cars are usually towed or a double is used for even the most mundane driving scenes). There's a nice little documentary on YouTube about the great stunt woman, Zoe Bell, and from the behind the scenes footage, even going back to the Kill Bill films, CGI'ing actor's faces onto stunt doubles is the norm these days. Super hero films are even easier since most of them are in masks, etc anyway. Getting back to Craig and NTTD, I am sure when all is said and done Craig will have done his fair share of action and stunts. If seeing stunt doubles doing stuff with dots on their faces is kind of destroying the magic and suspension of disbelief, you might want to avoid this thread....as I may do at this point. Also, don't fall into the Tom Cruise trap. Cruise is a big outlier here as what he does is very rare to say the least. Slagging Craig for not doing what Cruise does would be a bit over the top IMO. Remember, Craig did injure his ankle running on a dock shooting an action scene.......it's not swinging from a skyscraper like Cruise did but it's not unusual for actors to use a double for even relatively simple running scenes.

Tom Cruise does all of his own stunt driving and it's really jaded how I view Daniel's lack of stunt participation. Does anybody else feel that way? Cruise is older and does infinitely more than we've ever seen most action leading men do.

"Unfortunately I misjudged you. You're just a stupid policeman, who's luck has run out." -Dr. Julius No

1,618

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Not really.  Cruise is a special case

Instagram - bondclothes007

1,619

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

I've seen DVD behind the scenes specials from The Bourne Ultimatum that showed Matt Damon doing stunt driving. He could even floor it in reverse, throw the wheel, and pull of that 180 maneuver. I agree that Cruise's skydiving and helicopter flying are great exceptions, but what man wouldn't want to drive the car and drift it around corners and crash through fake obstacles?

"Unfortunately I misjudged you. You're just a stupid policeman, who's luck has run out." -Dr. Julius No

1,620

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

What's so strange is that you have Cruise out there doing all those crazy stunts while the industry as a whole has given itself over to CGI. And of course the MI movies use digital effects, too.

But I think it's unfair to hold every actor up to the Cruise standard or even suggest that if they're not racing a car in reverse down the Las Vegas strip, they are not taking the job seriously.

Actors are paid to act. I love MI: Fallout (just watched it again on Amazon), but it's hardly one of Cruise's bravura performances.

Craig injured himself doing a stunt, forcing the production to stall and everybody complained about it. Now things are moving forward and people are bellyaching because Craig isn't jumping a motorcycle over a wall.

1,621

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Cruise is getting your ticket money with those stunts - they're "must see" moments because the series hangs its whole reputation on them at this point. His character is a blank.

1,622

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

On the Behind the Scenes stuff for Other if DCs films he has learnt to drive/drift/slide Aston martins, did work in powerboats for QOS and has done other ‘stunt’ work, defiantly not to the level of Tom and probably Damon, but he is capable, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he (or the missus) decided he should take more of a relaxed approach to this film, and only do the stuff he has to be in

1,623

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

I warned you all not to fall into the "Cruise trap" and here we go again. Stop ruining NTTD for yourself before you even see it. I can't believe how much of this Bond film inferiority complex has reared its ugly head around here just based upon Craig not doing all his own stunts..... I understand people being less than enthusiastic based on the film's difficult pre-production history, not caring for Craig as Bond, etc, etc.....but over how many of his own stunts Craig does? This is just irrational. What if NTTD turns out to be a great Bond film, will you dismiss it because Craig didn't do his own stunt driving or jump off a freaking bridge? Now I understand why EON doesn't like the videos of filming getting out. You want to see people doing their own stunts....go to the circus. Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that off my chest. ajb007/insane

1,624

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

I wonder if there is any connection between Ana De Armas saying that she is to restart NTTD filming at the end of September (https://deadline.com/2019/09/tom-hanks- … 202728868/) and Rami Malek filming scenes at the same time (English language Arabian entertainment news outlet Albawaba https://www.albawaba.com/entertainment/ … l-1305923)?

1,625

Re: Bond 25 SPOILER news

Someone wrote:

I wonder if there is any connection between Ana De Armas saying that she is to restart NTTD filming at the end of September (https://deadline.com/2019/09/tom-hanks- … 202728868/) and Rami Malek filming scenes at the same time (English language Arabian entertainment news outlet Albawaba https://www.albawaba.com/entertainment/ … l-1305923)?


It wouldn't exactly be bizarre for two main members of the cast of a movie to be shooting scenes together would it?