76

Re: Most Handsome Bond?

RogueAgent007 wrote:
sunny01 wrote:

Not true...it is quite well know that Ian Fleming was not originally keen on the choice of Sean Connery as James Bond. I believe he was considered a bit rough around the edges!

At first, yes but then, after seeing his portrayal Fleming liked him so well he added the Scottish background.

Actually, that's a popular myth based on a cause and effect assumption, which has since been accepted at face value and perpetuated by journalists, books and documentaries.  In Charles Helfenstein's excellent, "The Making of On Her Majesty's Secret Service," there's documentation from Fleming's original notes and early manuscripts for the novel about how his interest in giving Bond a Scottish ancestry predated EON's selection of Connery for the role of Bond.  Of course, we also know that Fleming himself was a Scot.

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....

77

Re: Most Handsome Bond?

ausbondfan wrote:

I'm surprised at the low ratings for Lazenby. Maybe it's because his film is rather old but wasn't he wowing people all over Europe with how good looking he was?

I think he is handsome but he has such a specific type of handsomeness.

ausbondfan wrote:

Here's my thoughts on each one:

Connery: Had the tough look going on. Very dark look (Like Dalton and Craig have/had) which can be appealing to women but not all. Handsome dude though definitely

Lazenby: Was "prettier" because he was a model. Didn't have a dark look like Connery which I think hurt him. Very open face but I can understand why he was a model.

Moore: Didn't really have that dark look that Bond is supposed to have either. Had the classically handsome thing going on and had a mature look even in his early films. Still looked good in AVTAK though.

Dalton: Going back to the dark look again and completely fit the Bond mold (And how he played it). With this look he looks more like the guy who is going to shoot you in the heart and walk away from you. Tough looking guy and relatively handsome.

Brosnan: Probably the best looking Bond ever but didn't really have the dark look that Dalton or Connery have. Handsome dude could of made a lot of money as a Model if he wasn't an Actor. I actually saw a video of him just the other day that was semi recent and he still looks awesome for almost 60

Craig: Has that dark brooding look which I believe Bond needs. Not really handsome per say I think if he didn't work out and hit the gym women wouldn't even be into him very much. Has dark piercing eyes though which adds to the role.

Interesting... This dark look you say... I'm not sure, maybe something''s indeed. I have to tell something about Craig. Most people say he isn't handsome. I can't agree. Maybe he isn't most handsome man I've  ever seen, e.g. comparing with Brosnan he absolutely loses, but I think he is good-looking Bond. I mean he looks good in suit, he is handsome enough to make most girls fall in love immidately (especially when he smiles) and he just has suitable look to this character.

kboo3.blogspot.com

78

Re: Most Handsome Bond?

kboo3 wrote:
ausbondfan wrote:

I'm surprised at the low ratings for Lazenby. Maybe it's because his film is rather old but wasn't he wowing people all over Europe with how good looking he was?

I think he is handsome but he has such a specific type of handsomeness.

ausbondfan wrote:

Here's my thoughts on each one:

Connery: Had the tough look going on. Very dark look (Like Dalton and Craig have/had) which can be appealing to women but not all. Handsome dude though definitely

Lazenby: Was "prettier" because he was a model. Didn't have a dark look like Connery which I think hurt him. Very open face but I can understand why he was a model.

Moore: Didn't really have that dark look that Bond is supposed to have either. Had the classically handsome thing going on and had a mature look even in his early films. Still looked good in AVTAK though.


Dalton: Going back to the dark look again and completely fit the Bond mold (And how he played it). With this look he looks more like the guy who is going to shoot you in the heart and walk away from you. Tough looking guy and relatively handsome.

Brosnan: Probably the best looking Bond ever but didn't really have the dark look that Dalton or Connery have. Handsome dude could of made a lot of money as a Model if he wasn't an Actor. I actually saw a video of him just the other day that was semi recent and he still looks awesome for almost 60

Craig: Has that dark brooding look which I believe Bond needs. Not really handsome per say I think if he didn't work out and hit the gym women wouldn't even be into him very much. Has dark piercing eyes though which adds to the role.

Interesting... This dark look you say... I'm not sure, maybe something''s indeed. I have to tell something about Craig. Most people say he isn't handsome. I can't agree. Maybe he isn't most handsome man I've  ever seen, e.g. comparing with Brosnan he absolutely loses, but I think he is good-looking Bond. I mean he looks good in suit, he is handsome enough to make most girls fall in love immidately (especially when he smiles) and he just has suitable look to this character.

The most handsome Bond, all categories, is Roger Moore.
He is so incredibly sexy both in Bond, other movies and in private.
He aged well also, being handsome well into his eighties.

Here are some photos to prove it:


https://i.postimg.cc/4mWBQhyr/Sk-rmavbild-2019-04-26-kl-20-35-41.png
https://i.postimg.cc/N2mvrkQq/Playlist-1-20181014124149.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/XXdv5wHY/Sk-rmavbild-2019-09-12-kl-18-09-43.png

https://i.postimg.cc/t1sq4Pny/Sk-rmavbild-2019-09-12-kl-18-09-08.png

https://i.postimg.cc/mP54JDXn/Sk-rmavbild-2019-09-12-kl-18-08-22.png