26

Re: Bond in 4k

Higgins wrote:

I am quite the contrary.
I love to keep my stuff physical.

Me too! 

I‘ve just recently received a message that a streaming service, which I‘ve used ( for free with a code on a 007 DVD ) went bust and that I‘ll not have longer access to my content.

Amazon sometimes closes user accounts ( because the return option has been used too often), so good luck if that happens to you one day.

27

Re: Bond in 4k

Higgins wrote:

I am quite the contrary.
I love to keep my stuff physical.

I‘ve just recently received a message that a streaming service, which I‘ve used ( for free with a code on a 007 DVD ) went bust and that I‘ll not have longer access to my content.

Amazon sometimes closes user accounts ( because the return option has been used too often), so good luck if that happens to you one day.

I respectfully disagree with your assessments.

As I have lived in Japan, UK, Switzerland, and now Germany, all within 5 years, it has helped me identify what is important in my 'physical life'. Obviously this is not the ideal place to discuss keeping items to a minimum, as we are in a collection sub-forum, but it still has a place.

I have about 10 CDs, and about 10 blurays/DVDs. My absolute "must haves". Then I have GB of high resolution films from my old collection, which is possibly technically piracy but I don't share them and donated the hard copies.

Music streaming goes without saying.

What streaming service recently went bust? Also, the streaming services cost less than a DVD per month. I see streaming as rental. You don't own what you're paying for, you rent it. If you view it like that, you won't have an issue.

Amazon will not close my account. I have never returned anything to Amazon. Switzerland doesn't have Amazon, and it's pretty awful in Germany so I don't bother using it much. If you're talking about Prime video, I don't have it, nor ever will.

"It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"

28

Re: Bond in 4k

Looks like the Daniel Craig 4K collection is now selling for $39.99 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/007-The-Daniel-C … PDKIKX0DER

29

Re: Bond in 4k

fleiter wrote:

Looks like the Daniel Craig 4K collection is now selling for $39.99 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/007-The-Daniel-C … PDKIKX0DER


Best Buy as well!

Which means that, at this rate, there's a decent chance it'll be lower for Black Friday.

Yes. Consssssiderably.

30

Re: Bond in 4k

My iTunes copy says Casino Royale is in 4K, but it looks like rubbish. The other Bonds I have all look much better. Not sure if they failed to upgrade my original purchase from long ago or what. QoS and GoldenEye look wonderful. I'm watching on my iPhone X.

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com

31

Re: Bond in 4k

Anyone  pre ordered  the  4k set on Amazon uk at £60 ?
Or wait untill closer to Christmas,  when it could drop  in
Price.
My only experience  of 4k is from digital downloads, looking
Forward to seeing the difference  in a physical  disc.

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

32

Re: Bond in 4k

armenianmovieman wrote:
fleiter wrote:

Looks like the Daniel Craig 4K collection is now selling for $39.99 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/007-The-Daniel-C … PDKIKX0DER


Best Buy as well!

Saw it at Walmart today.  Yes, I occasionally shop there. ajb007/rolleyes

I edit, therefore I am.

33

Re: Bond in 4k

Thunderpussy wrote:

Anyone  pre ordered  the  4k set on Amazon uk at £60 ?
Or wait untill closer to Christmas,  when it could drop  in
Price.
My only experience  of 4k is from digital downloads, looking
Forward to seeing the difference  in a physical  disc.

If there was a 4K Boxset of the whole franchise I’d buy that when it came out (guessing there is no hint of this happening yet?) but I stopped buying piecemeal with the Sp Ed DVDs - I waited until the 50th anniversary Blu-ray Boxset appeared before upgrading to that format.

I’d be interested to know what you think of the Craig 4K discs when you get your hand son them tho!

‘Secret Agent?? On whose side?’

34

Re: Bond in 4k

AndrewBond wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

Anyone  pre ordered  the  4k set on Amazon uk at £60 ?
Or wait untill closer to Christmas,  when it could drop  in
Price.
My only experience  of 4k is from digital downloads, looking
Forward to seeing the difference  in a physical  disc.

If there was a 4K Boxset of the whole franchise I’d buy that when it came out (guessing there is no hint of this happening yet?) but I stopped buying piecemeal with the Sp Ed DVDs - I waited until the 50th anniversary Blu-ray Boxset appeared before upgrading to that format.

I’d be interested to know what you think of the Craig 4K discs when you get your hand son them tho!

https://thedigitalbits.com/item/007-dan … ection-uhd

Yes. Consssssiderably.