1

Topic: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

Hey guys,

I'm about to sell one of the holy grails of Bond memorabilia. My genuine Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition, No. 1872 of the 7007 made (Ref.: 233.32.41.2101.001). The watch is brand new, it has never been worn and all the protective foils are still in place. There is not the tiniest scratch on the watch. It has always been kept in a watch winder. I bought the watch new in Hamburg and the original bill is included in the sale as is all the other paperwork such as the warranty cards and certificate of authenticity. It even comes with the original cardbord box in which the watches were sent to the dealers.

It is probably one of the best and most complete Spectre Seamasters in the world. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, I also have many more photos which can be sent. The watch is located in Germany and can be picked up personally, but insured international shipping is no problem. Considering the condition of the watch and the ever rising prices around the world, I'm selling the watch for 8.700€ (about 7.500 GBP). I think it's a fair offer considering the fact that used watches of this kind get offered for a lot more.

Have a great day!


https://i.postimg.cc/dLd1SgS6/IMG-20191103-WA0018.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/18rzywSN/IMG-20191103-WA0005.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/34drjqvg/20191103-111948.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/xqXqLXvW/20191103-110319.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/nM9cC6Zx/20191103-110736.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ph4WsBf3/20191103-112139.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/XrbJMxRb/IMG-20191103-WA0014.jpg

Last edited by Perconte (3rd Nov 2019 11:10)

2

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

Perconte wrote:

There is not the tiniest scratch on the watch. It has always been kept in a watch winder.

If it’s been kept in a watch winder, that’s as good as wearing it.  Might not have any superficial external wear, but the movement will.  As such, it should certainly be classed as used I’m afraid.

Still a great price though, but people should be aware that storing watches in watch winders long term isn’t the best of ideas.

Last edited by Asp9mm (3rd Nov 2019 11:41)

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

3

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

Thanks for the input but I probably should have been more clear. I didn't store the watch in a watch winder but I wound the watch up every couple of weeks and kept it in the winder for 1-2 days since that is what the jeweller encouraged me to do ajb007/smile

4

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

Your jeweller is an idiot giving you such kind of advise.
He just wanted to sell you a winder  ajb007/lol
Hope that you have at least adjusted it to your watch with the rp/d

And your ad is highly exaggerated.
„Probably one of the best and most complete Spectre Seamaster in the world“That‘s really pathetic.
I have 2 of them in my collection, they have never been touched or moved by a winder.

And even ASP9mm has a better watch if this type in his silly collection.

So hows that then?

Don‘t get me wrong, your price is fair for what you offer and it‘s certainly in nice condition regardless.
But the whole talk shows either that you only have little knowledge about watches and these limited Editions or you are bloating your description up to fool people who have no clue.

Not sure what is better.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

5

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

WATCH COPS: Ever vigilant against poor word choices on forums.

A grateful nation thanks you for your service.

6

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

Subtle as always Higgy-poo  ajb007/rolleyes

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

7

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

However, I reckon it's better to offer the watch for a fair price with an exaggerated description than selling it for an exaggerated price with a fair description  ajb007/wink

8

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

Interesting comment ASP , I have 3 omegas - 1 seamaster from DAD 2002 , 1 casion royale PO and the spectre 300 seamaster which i wear everyday.
The other 2 I inter change now again, so is watch winders a bad idea then ?
Or do you just wind them when you wear them ?
Just interested really for you experts , cheers




Asp9mm wrote:
Perconte wrote:

There is not the tiniest scratch on the watch. It has always been kept in a watch winder.

If it’s been kept in a watch winder, that’s as good as wearing it.  Might not have any superficial external wear, but the movement will.  As such, it should certainly be classed as used I’m afraid.

Still a great price though, but people should be aware that storing watches in watch winders long term isn’t the best of ideas.

007 reporting for duty

9

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

Higgins wrote:

Your jeweller is an idiot giving you such kind of advise.
He just wanted to sell you a winder  ajb007/lol
Hope that you have at least adjusted it to your watch with the rp/d

And your ad is highly exaggerated.
„Probably one of the best and most complete Spectre Seamaster in the world“That‘s really pathetic.
I have 2 of them in my collection, they have never been touched or moved by a winder.

And even ASP9mm has a better watch if this type in his silly collection.

So hows that then?

Don‘t get me wrong, your price is fair for what you offer and it‘s certainly in nice condition regardless.
But the whole talk shows either that you only have little knowledge about watches and these limited Editions or you are bloating your description up to fool people who have no clue.

Not sure what is better.

And you guys are wondering why more people don't sign on this website.  Unbelievable.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>TLD>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>SP>DAF>LTK>AVTAK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Dalton>Brosnan

10

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

I believe everyone being respectful independently on whether his statements are questionable or not should deserve respect as well. Obviously it´s been not the case here. To be honest reading such posts makes me feel ashamed. And ultimately as stated above I believe that goes against the interest of the forum when someone just because of posting something gets hammered in such a rude way. Just saying.

11

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

Perconte wrote:

However, I reckon it's better to offer the watch for a fair price with an exaggerated description than selling it for an exaggerated price with a fair description  ajb007/wink

Nice one

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

12

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

chriscollins007 wrote:

Interesting comment ASP , I have 3 omegas - 1 seamaster from DAD 2002 , 1 casion royale PO and the spectre 300 seamaster which i wear everyday.
The other 2 I inter change now again, so is watch winders a bad idea then ?
Or do you just wind them when you wear them ?
Just interested really for you experts , cheers




Asp9mm wrote:
Perconte wrote:

There is not the tiniest scratch on the watch. It has always been kept in a watch winder.

If it’s been kept in a watch winder, that’s as good as wearing it.  Might not have any superficial external wear, but the movement will.  As such, it should certainly be classed as used I’m afraid.

Still a great price though, but people should be aware that storing watches in watch winders long term isn’t the best of ideas.

The opinions on watch winders is varied, all I can tell you is that manufacturers do not recommend their use, and some frown upon it.  That’s why you don’t see any of the manufacturers offer their own brand.   

They do create excess wear on a watch movement.  If you’re  not wearing the watch, why would you want to do that?   If you are constantly changing which of your watches you wear regularly, then a watch winder is convenient, no doubt, but I’d advise using the intermittent setting and maybe using a 24 timer along with it so you further reduce the time it is winding your watch. 

For collectors pieces. Don’t use them full stop. Just wind your watch every six months or so to keep the oils from congealing.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

13

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

This is interesting. I had heard a winder is good to keep the oils lubricating the mechanism but didn’t realise you only need to do this every 6 months. That was my concern so thanks for that info

BTW I have seen Omega now offers their own winders....

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/omeg … 7260375001

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/omeg … 7010310001

14

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

kadd wrote:

This is interesting. I had heard a winder is good to keep the oils lubricating the mechanism but didn’t realise you only need to do this every 6 months. That was my concern so thanks for that info

BTW I have seen Omega now offers their own winders....

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/omeg … 7260375001

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/omeg … 7010310001

I try to wind my watches every month or two if not worn.

Omega makes watch winders now....At least it's related to watches, unlike the Omega branded sunglasses.

15

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

thanks for the advice , my spectre 300 has now stopped since Ive not worn it for a day and didn't use the winder  ajb007/rolleyes
I've winded it but its not going
Do i need it serviced or just give a few days
sorry going off topic


Asp9mm wrote:
chriscollins007 wrote:

Interesting comment ASP , I have 3 omegas - 1 seamaster from DAD 2002 , 1 casion royale PO and the spectre 300 seamaster which i wear everyday.
The other 2 I inter change now again, so is watch winders a bad idea then ?
Or do you just wind them when you wear them ?
Just interested really for you experts , cheers




Asp9mm wrote:

If it’s been kept in a watch winder, that’s as good as wearing it.  Might not have any superficial external wear, but the movement will.  As such, it should certainly be classed as used I’m afraid.

Still a great price though, but people should be aware that storing watches in watch winders long term isn’t the best of ideas.

The opinions on watch winders is varied, all I can tell you is that manufacturers do not recommend their use, and some frown upon it.  That’s why you don’t see any of the manufacturers offer their own brand.   

They do create excess wear on a watch movement.  If you’re  not wearing the watch, why would you want to do that?   If you are constantly changing which of your watches you wear regularly, then a watch winder is convenient, no doubt, but I’d advise using the intermittent setting and maybe using a 24 timer along with it so you further reduce the time it is winding your watch. 

For collectors pieces. Don’t use them full stop. Just wind your watch every six months or so to keep the oils from congealing.

007 reporting for duty

16

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

Is it still under warranty ?


chriscollins007 wrote:

thanks for the advice , my spectre 300 has now stopped since Ive not worn it for a day and didn't use the winder  ajb007/rolleyes
I've winded it but its not going
Do i need it serviced or just give a few days
sorry going off topic


Asp9mm wrote:
chriscollins007 wrote:

Interesting comment ASP , I have 3 omegas - 1 seamaster from DAD 2002 , 1 casion royale PO and the spectre 300 seamaster which i wear everyday.
The other 2 I inter change now again, so is watch winders a bad idea then ?
Or do you just wind them when you wear them ?
Just interested really for you experts , cheers

The opinions on watch winders is varied, all I can tell you is that manufacturers do not recommend their use, and some frown upon it.  That’s why you don’t see any of the manufacturers offer their own brand.   

They do create excess wear on a watch movement.  If you’re  not wearing the watch, why would you want to do that?   If you are constantly changing which of your watches you wear regularly, then a watch winder is convenient, no doubt, but I’d advise using the intermittent setting and maybe using a 24 timer along with it so you further reduce the time it is winding your watch. 

For collectors pieces. Don’t use them full stop. Just wind your watch every six months or so to keep the oils from congealing.

17

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

Nope its 4 years old

johnraiders wrote:

Is it still under warranty ?


chriscollins007 wrote:

thanks for the advice , my spectre 300 has now stopped since Ive not worn it for a day and didn't use the winder  ajb007/rolleyes
I've winded it but its not going
Do i need it serviced or just give a few days
sorry going off topic


Asp9mm wrote:

The opinions on watch winders is varied, all I can tell you is that manufacturers do not recommend their use, and some frown upon it.  That’s why you don’t see any of the manufacturers offer their own brand.   

They do create excess wear on a watch movement.  If you’re  not wearing the watch, why would you want to do that?   If you are constantly changing which of your watches you wear regularly, then a watch winder is convenient, no doubt, but I’d advise using the intermittent setting and maybe using a 24 timer along with it so you further reduce the time it is winding your watch. 

For collectors pieces. Don’t use them full stop. Just wind your watch every six months or so to keep the oils from congealing.

007 reporting for duty

18

Re: FS: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition NEW!

Have you tried to hand wind it by using the crown? If that doesn't work Its time for a service which is strange being how young it is. Maybe its a factory issue..I'd contact Omega.

chriscollins007 wrote:

Nope its 4 years old

johnraiders wrote:

Is it still under warranty ?


chriscollins007 wrote:

thanks for the advice , my spectre 300 has now stopped since Ive not worn it for a day and didn't use the winder  ajb007/rolleyes
I've winded it but its not going
Do i need it serviced or just give a few days
sorry going off topic